Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #7

Has anyone else had this thought: beth is from the same town aj freunds body was found the same county that handled his case also handled hers and both her husband and his father were attorneys! I found this very interesting. What's going on in Mchenry?

Just found out that it appears as though Beth's purse was found behind a house a few doors down from me. I don't know anything else. Apparently they found her white purse. I don't know much else but there were a lot of police over there last week and there is crime scene tape. Someone was doing some gardening and found it.

Duchess are u lake house area or mchenry if you don't mind my asking?

Just found out that it appears as though Beth's purse was found behind a house a few doors down from me. I don't know anything else. Apparently they found her white purse. I don't know much else but there were a lot of police over there last week and there is crime scene tape. Someone was doing some gardening and found it.
I posted but meant to reply, are u mchenry or Jefferson county Duchess?

I am in a neighborhood in Kane County (Carpentersville) I don't know anything about a lake house. There are houses behind us that sit on ponds, but not sure I'd call them a "lake house."

I am in a neighborhood in Kane County (Carpentersville) I don't know anything about a lake house. There are houses behind us that sit on ponds, but not sure I'd call them a "lake house."
Thank you for this, the lake house is a house in Jefferson county that has been speculated as the possible place beth was murdered and at the very least was the last place she was known to be alive. I really appreciate you sharing, the case has been cold a while hopefully some leads will come from this new finding. Please keep us posted if any new developments occur.

Thinking of you this weekend and always Beth<3 still hoping for answers and justice

Why is it believed it was Beth's purse found in Carpentersville? What ties, if any, did Beth have to Carpentersville?

It's 17 miles between Carpentersville and Woodstock. Distance from Woodstock to Carpentersville

Why would someone dispose of a purse in an area someone would garden? This simplest thing to do would have been dispose the purses contents in a dumpster and dispose of the purse in another dumpster. There is no shortage of dumpsters between businesses and multifamily properties. It could be tossed and never found.

And how would a white purse that went missing 9 years ago still show signs of being white?

As for the remains, it's upwards of a year for easy to compare remains. I can see these remains taking 3 years or more, *if* they can get dna. Sadly, there is a chance the remains are so badly damaged it will be impossible to get dna. That was the case with Cynthia Day. It was impossible to get DNA from remains that were eventually id'd as hers........
26 Years Later, Remains Identified as Missing Illinois Mother

There isn't any fingerprint from the remains found in the firepit.

I don't for a second believe that JW doesn't know what happened. If some mysterious unknown guy Beth went off the meet was responsible, her presumed remains wouldn't have been found where JW and the rest of that group were staying.

Why doesn't JW just need make a deal and tell all she knows?

How far off the road, any chance it could have been tossed from a moving car? Enough for it to somehow end up washed away with flooding or melting snow?

I’m also curious about he carpentersville purse what led us to believe it was Beth’s? Or is that rumor being spread I order to redirect attention back north and away from southern il

MIssing Beth Bentley

In one of the comments, it had stated that a neighbor, of the house on MILLER in MOUNT VERNON saw then dig up the firepit in the backyard where a body was found, and her belongings found in the same location. Of course this someone that says they are the neighbor, but it sure makes sense to me that she would have been found in that backyard. While police did bring cadaver dogs to the property years ago, there wasn't a hit, which would explain it.

The more current reports also state that they can not make arrests at the time which also explains the silence since remains were found. This is so frustrating for all of us watchers, and incredibly painful I'm sure for the Beth's children. I can't see what is taking so long as far as arrests, but I do see the delay in testing. I think if I remember correctly they had the remains being tested in Indiana and had to be sent to Texas for further testing.

This is very emotional and I am so glad to know Beth is a step closer to receiving the justice she deserves. I hope we see some arrests made soon. I am overjoyed to know that some ground has been broken in this case. Almost 10 years. Just wow

I just hope ISP or the FBI do the investigation. Jefferson County does not have the talent or capability to solve the case. They were supposed to search back in 2010 when she disappeared. IIRC, they put it off for a while, and when they finally searched, it was just a brief walk through. The Sheriff at the time was more interested in the affair he was having than solving crime. Fortunately, he is no longer in office, but the person who is the Sheriff now will need a LOT of help.

I am sad that THIS is the answer we have been dealt regarding the whereabouts of Beth. I sincerely hope that someone will just give a FULL story of her death, a confession, something to explain how and why she died. I had hoped that we would someday discover she was alive and well; just left for her own reasons. I felt 90% she died/was murdered 10% she was just purposely off the grid, so today's news represents a sad finality.

Sad news, but not unexpected. At least she can be put to rest and her family have some sense of closure.

This case is far from over. I'm praying LE has far more info than the public knows and arrests happen soon. Oh, to be a fly on the wall to see JW's expression when she learns of the positive id.

Thinking out loud. There is always a chance no one will ever be charged with murder. What happens if the poi's insist she od'd? There is a possibility the only charges could be something along the lines of abuse of a corpse.

Beth didn't deserve this. I hope justice comes quickly.

Sad news, but not unexpected. At least she can be put to rest and her family have some sense of closure.

This case is far from over. I'm praying LE has far more info than the public knows and arrests happen soon. Oh, to be a fly on the wall to see JW's expression when she learns of the positive id.
I had this thought too cubby. Even if drugs were involved I truly believe how she was treated was malicious but I’m afraid as well charges won’t be murder. Was anyone else surprised at how brief the northwest herald article was?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back