Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point: did these murders serve a dual purpose for him? Were there two targets: human and an entire town? Was he satisfying his urge to kill and getting revenge against Delphi at the same time? Does that answer the 'why Delphi' part? He's not a 'nobody' anymore and he made sure Delphi (his other target) will never forget him. LE says it's about control. He controlled two young girls and took their lives, but he's also manipulated and controlled the emotions and behaviors of an entire town through terror.

I like your theory, it sounds very plausible to me. Deprivation, frustration, rage- everything in it fits in a larger horrific picture of this crime.

IF this was sexual motivated murders, then I am pretty concerned that the killer, due to very heavy stress bc of the PC and "new direction of the investigation" could make another attack/murder soon, if not he has already, maybe in another state (if he is on the run)
So folks... may be a good idea to look out for other recent or future cases of sexually violent/murder crimes involving young preeteen/ girls , in or outside Delphi/ Indiana.

Re Today's LE release:

In the section asking for specific info , it asks for tips to include name/age etc

Then states 'Connection to Delphi'

It cant be an assumption that the perp had a connection to Delphi, ( also stated in the PC) ,albeit maybe a very strong assumption based on deduction, surely? This rules out a lot of people that dont have any connection. Risky.

Therefore, what is it that LE have that they KNOW the perp has a connection?

This is possibly the only thing that Ive seen or heard that makes me feel slightly that LE have some idea who the perp is, rather than a GBI review led , profile driven, start from square 1 reassessment.

All Moo
Not risky at all if they KNOW the perp has a connection to Delphi that they are already aware of. In fact, it will narrow things down and decrease the work load especially from the certified nut cases out there. JMO
ed:gr

I snipped the post and bolded some of your comments because it made me think of something. Maybe off in left field. It goes back to Supt Carter asking in an early PC "Why Libby, why Abby, why Delphi?". I want to preface this by saying I do NOT believe Delphi is a bad place, rather I am speculating that is how BG perceives it.

So, what if a vulnerable human was not his only target, what if Delphi was too? What if BG did live or work or go to school or have some connection there. Maybe his childhood there was bad. Or he landed there but it wasn't his choosing (a move, a school or job transfer) or it was his choice but ultimately it didn't meet his expectations. Maybe he wasn't esteemed as he thought he should be, or maybe he was trying for a fresh start but his problems followed him. Something has not been right with this person for a very long time. What I'm suggesting is event(s) occurred in Delphi that left him feeling even more powerless, angry and resentful. And through association he blamed Delphi for his escalating misery and downward spiral when in reality it's something inside him. Maybe he wanted or felt he deserved recognition, he wanted to be remembered, he wanted notoriety. But he wasn't getting it through normal channels. And that enraged him.

My point: did these murders serve a dual purpose for him? Were there two targets: human and an entire town? Was he satisfying his urge to kill and getting revenge against Delphi at the same time? Does that answer the 'why Delphi' part? He's not a 'nobody' anymore and he made sure Delphi (his other target) will never forget him. LE says it's about control. He controlled two young girls and took their lives, but he's also manipulated and controlled the emotions and behaviors of an entire town through terror. Just a thought and MOO.

Interesting idea, kizzykat.

IF this was sexual motivated murders, then I am pretty concerned that the killer, due to very heavy stress bc of the PC and "new direction of the investigation" could make another attack/murder soon, if not he has already, maybe in another state (if he is on the run)
So folks... may be a good idea to look out for other recent or future cases of sexually violent/murder crimes involving young preeteen/ girls , in or outside Delphi/ Indiana.
Law enforcement apparently thinks that he will not react to the stress he is under, by killing again.

They really “poked the bear” during that press conference, and they wouldn’t have done that if they believed he would react in a violent way.

That was calculated and bold.

Law enforcement apparently thinks that he will not react to the stress he is under, by killing again.

They really “poked the bear” during that press conference, and they wouldn’t have done that if they believed he would react in a violent way.

That was calculated and bold.
Or perhaps, they have a suspect under surveillance?

42,000 tips.
Some from crazy people. Some from vindictive people. Most though are from people trying to help, but it’s hard to send in a good solid helpful tip if you have no information. Imagine if your neighbor called and said they needed help with a problem at their house and when you asked them to describe what kind of problem it was they sent you a picture of a wall, but wouldn’t tell you anything else. You would not be able to help. You might come up with 42,000 tips too and none of them would help!
This is a very sad day for this case I think. Two weeks ago LE released a smidgen of new information and a ton of drama and I was sucked in by it all. They presented everything as if something big was breaking. I noticed like others did that what they said was in stark contrast to how they said it. I now think all that was just to distract us from the fact that, and let’s not sugarcoat it here, LE has spent two years investigating the wrong guy. Totally and completely. The right guy, they apparently were made aware of four days after the murders.
LE doesn’t get a pat on the back for 42,000 tips.

Considering the mess with those two sketches, do you think it is possible that the first sketch came as a result of a passerby witness with not so good visual memory, who noticed BG´s clothes and his way of heavy- paced moving, therefore deducing he is over 40?

And let´s assume that this "new", second sketch was made according to the testimony of a witness with better visual perception, who has noticed the discrepancy between BG´s real age (20- 30 years) and his phisique and gait?

Maybe that is why the poor girls didn´t recognize him- if he is twentyish, he wasn´t dressed this way. His jeans and jacket appear to belong to someone middleaged.

Was it a deliberate disguise (plus all the things stuffed in his jacket) or is it maybe a sign of a sort- for example, an intelectually or psychically challenged younger man, perhaps homeless, or somehow/ somewhere institutionalized, who depends on charity organizations to find some clothes to wear?

I am just thinking, if I saw someone like this on the bridge before me, I'd probably turn around and go back, and fast (thinking it is an exhibitionist). But if I saw him on the trail, I'd probably not look at him, but lower my head and try to pass by as fast as possible, hoping he'd pay no attention to me. So maybe it is not that the memory is good, it is that simply, the person did not take a good look?

The second witness could be, likely, a guy (guys, especially past their 20-es, are less scared of these creeps as they don't give similar vibes to them).

42,000 tips.
Some from crazy people. Some from vindictive people. Most though are from people trying to help, but it’s hard to send in a good solid helpful tip if you have no information. Imagine if your neighbor called and said they needed help with a problem at their house and when you asked them to describe what kind of problem it was they sent you a picture of a wall, but wouldn’t tell you anything else. You would not be able to help. You might come up with 42,000 tips too and none of them would help!
This is a very sad day for this case I think. Two weeks ago LE released a smidgen of new information and a ton of drama and I was sucked in by it all. They presented everything as if something big was breaking. I noticed like others did that what they said was in stark contrast to how they said it. I now think all that was just to distract us from the fact that, and let’s not sugarcoat it here, LE has spent two years investigating the wrong guy. Totally and completely. The right guy, they apparently were made aware of four days after the murders.
LE doesn’t get a pat on the back for 42,000 tips.
Patience, StarryStarryNight! I think they're on to something but need a little time to put it all together and wrap it up nice and tight. Two weeks is nothing in an investigation of this magnitude. JMO

DNA Detectives: Scientists combining forensics with genealogy break ‘unsolvable’ cases
May 6, 2019

“(InvestigateTV) – Thanks to a breakthrough in how DNA is used, more than 1,000 collective years worth of cold cases across the U.S. have been solved in just the last nine months.”

6AT4UDRYKZDSVPQWMM3T4OPKVQ.JPG

These are some of the murder victims in cases that Parabon assisted in solving with DNA technology. InvestigateTV illustration.

I snipped the post and bolded some of your comments because it made me think of something. Maybe off in left field. It goes back to Supt Carter asking in an early PC "Why Libby, why Abby, why Delphi?". I want to preface this by saying I do NOT believe Delphi is a bad place, rather I am speculating that is how BG perceives it.

So, what if a vulnerable human was not his only target, what if Delphi was too? What if BG did live or work or go to school or have some connection there. Maybe his childhood there was bad. Or he landed there but it wasn't his choosing (a move, a school or job transfer) or it was his choice but ultimately it didn't meet his expectations. Maybe he wasn't esteemed as he thought he should be, or maybe he was trying for a fresh start but his problems followed him. Something has not been right with this person for a very long time. What I'm suggesting is event(s) occurred in Delphi that left him feeling even more powerless, angry and resentful. And through association he blamed Delphi for his escalating misery and downward spiral when in reality it's something inside him. Maybe he wanted or felt he deserved recognition, he wanted to be remembered, he wanted notoriety. But he wasn't getting it through normal channels. And that enraged him.

My point: did these murders serve a dual purpose for him? Were there two targets: human and an entire town? Was he satisfying his urge to kill and getting revenge against Delphi at the same time? Does that answer the 'why Delphi' part? He's not a 'nobody' anymore and he made sure Delphi (his other target) will never forget him. LE says it's about control. He controlled two young girls and took their lives, but he's also manipulated and controlled the emotions and behaviors of an entire town through terror. Just a thought and MOO.

Very interesting thought and it fits many things as you pointed out. I know in my lifetime I have never heard of the town of Delphi, Indiana until now but tons of us know it now don't we? He not only made a small town known, he made it somewhere we associate with "him" and the town is now known to much of a nation in a notorious/not good/not safe way. He also changed the lives very likely of all in that small town and their feeling of safety (was that an intent as well?), with one act he affected all of the town and surrounding areas. I will bet you could be right that in his own twisted and demented mind, the town failed him he feels and did not recognize how special he is (again in his own twisted mind).

When this perp is behind bars, even though what he did was horrendous, he needs to be forgotten because he wants the opposite, to be known and recognized as the one who did all of this. The two girls, however, will be forever remembered.

Imo.

Very good question indeed! Have any ideas you'd care to share :)
Only the theory that links the perp to the vehicle referred to in the pc, as that parking spot would not be a known or obvious place to park for access to the trails unless you had knowledge of it . Moo.

Or potentially, the equally tired ,familial dna link gained by le from crime scene after analysis. Linking perp to a known Delphi originating family. Moo

Hence asking for other opinions :)

DNA Detectives: Scientists combining forensics with genealogy break ‘unsolvable’ cases
May 6, 2019

“(InvestigateTV) – Thanks to a breakthrough in how DNA is used, more than 1,000 collective years worth of cold cases across the U.S. have been solved in just the last nine months.”

These are some of the murder victims in cases that Parabon assisted in solving with DNA technology. InvestigateTV illustration.

that's pretty amazing
thanks for the link ... I'll check it out later

May 6, 2019

The little girl, middle far left. Who is that?

May 6, 2019

THAT is amazing!! But how horrifying that there are that many murders that then end up as cold cases :( Sometimes I loathe technology and then I turn around and love it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam