Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was I who mentioned this, or at least was one, I brought up redheads in comparison, not saying reddish brown is a total redhead by any means.

I just want to clarify it. I was born and raised in the midwest and have relatives in Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc. I also do in Arizona, and more but they are not the midwest, not that is exclusive of same. I know a ton of people and cannot come up with a one in my thoughts that have natural reddish brown hair. Brownish? Yes. Reddish? A few. I guess it is our own perspective, what is reddish brown? I include females in that as well as males. The only ones who I can come up with that I know of was due to hair color, the last color was brunette of some type or brown and then one did a red color over it. Or a natural brunette who tried to cover with red. I guess it depends on what is meant by reddish brown by LE and how each of us interprets that. Add in curly haired and a prominent chin, not to mention youth even more rare with such a color. Imo.

Now I cannot say I have spent much time in Indiana. Maybe reddish brown is more common there. In that case, I would have to go with LE's statement that he is from the area of Delphi in some way, shape or form.

Jmo of course. And I should have clarified that I did not mean an outright redhead to compare to reddish brown, my point was, which I did not probably make clear, is that neither to me, at least, is that common.

Appreciate your reply. I'll add that men that are of the "reddish-brown" hair color, tend to have redder facial hair and leg hair and ... other private hair ... which makes it much more noticeable in someone that may appear to have plain brown hair on first glance. You think they are a brunette and then they sprout a ginger beard (no offense gingers!). Head hair darkens as they age possibly but I still say "reddish-brown" hair is very common overall and also a fairly loose descriptor covering a lot of hair colors.

From the sound of the press conference, they made it sound like they are following someone or at least they have an idea who..and keeping watch....but maybe that's what they wanted the killer to think so he won't kill again. If an fbi profile said he might do it again they would try to scare him out of it....just a thought and my own opinion
Good thought! The PC certainly gave us lots of grist for our mill :)

Kelly Reinke on Twitter

The fact that some people take advantage of this tragedy to get revenge on their ex-boyfriends makes me sick. It's one thing to have SSM folks do side-by-side comparisons out of ignorance but this is pure malice. Grr...
Could one of these types have provided the first released sketch, without a name, hoping someone would name him in sm?

Re Today's LE release:

In the section asking for specific info , it asks for tips to include name/age etc

Then states 'Connection to Delphi'

It cant be an assumption that the perp had a connection to Delphi, ( also stated in the PC) ,albeit maybe a very strong assumption based on deduction, surely? This rules out a lot of people that dont have any connection. Risky.

Therefore, what is it that LE have that they KNOW the perp has a connection?

This is possibly the only thing that Ive seen or heard that makes me feel slightly that LE have some idea who the perp is, rather than a GBI review led , profile driven, start from square 1 reassessment.

All Moo

Could police have matched DNA, likely to be BG's, from the murder site with DNA found at a more recent crime that took place in the immediate area? I'm not sure how likely it would be for police to run such a test. But, maybe if the more recent crime fit the FBI profile for the sort of activity BG would engage in; maybe they'd take a chance and go ahead and compare the 2 DNA results. Jmo.

From the sound of the press conference, they made it sound like they are following someone or at least they have an idea who..and keeping watch....but maybe that's what they wanted the killer to think so he won't kill again. If an fbi profile said he might do it again they would try to scare him out of it....just a thought and my own opinion

What about the press conference gave the impression they following or otherwise getting close to the assailant?

Could police have matched DNA, likely to be BG's, from the murder site with DNA found at a more recent crime that took place in the immediate area? I'm not sure how likely it would be for police to run such a test. But, maybe if the more recent crime fit the FBI profile for the sort of activity BG would engage in; maybe they'd take a chance and go ahead and compare the 2 DNA results. Jmo.

Law enforcement frequently enters unknown suspect DNA, into the CODIS system.

Even if that DNA doesn’t generate a match to a specific individual, it helps to link crimes to a common perpetrator.

Personally, I don’t think they’ve linked this guy to other crimes.

Thank you for sharing this eye color info.......The Texas DPS put "grey" for my eye color on my first DL when I was 14 years old. It has been there a loooong time now..... I never realized I was such a "rare specimen". I gotta go tell my wife "how she is even more lucky than she already knew.".....LOL !...moo

Surely tell your wife she is lucky!

I was thinking about the discrepancy in the witnesses' account of the perp's eye color; it was discussed in previous threads. Why someone would say "definitely not blue" and later correct himself. I suddenly realized that "green eyes" should look very different in different lights. Also, the possible rare situation when the perp might IRL have blue eyes but Parabon would "read" his DNA code as "brown".

I would think very little of him in the video if I didn’t know what he’d done. I’d probably be slightly suspicious of his hands and his clothing. My husband has cold hands, so I’d probably conclude his hands were chilled. His clothing I’d find out of the ordinary for a stroll in the park. He kind of gives off flasher vibes. I certainly wouldn’t make the leap to murderer of two girls.

He would catch my attention because his jacket is not a quarter or half or fully buttoned up. He buttoned up one opening at the bottom and skipped some openings and buttoned another higher up... why? Put the jacket on in a hurry and knows he's soon going to take it off again anyway? It looks uncomfortable and, with the extra junk he appears to be toting inside the jacket, I would wonder what was going on with him.

I still believe he has a brown hoodie on under the jacket so the jacket, imo, was a hurried addition to his "costume" in order to approach with tools he needed hidden from the girls. That's why, imo, there's something white sticking out of the top of the jacket... too much of a hurry to put the jacket on and catch up to the girls. And, he might have reasoned, if anyone saw him they'd tell LE he was wearing a blue jacket... not a brown hoodie. He could have had the jacket hidden in the woods near the beginning of the bridge... all packed up and ready to go. People might see him begin crossing the bridge, but they'd only see his back and he'd be wearing a blue jacket so they probably wouldn't connect him with the man they'd seen earlier wearing a brown hoodie. (And, when he was wearing the brown hoodie, it seems likely that quite a few would have seen his face.) However, probably very few remember the face of the guy wearing the blue jacket.
This could even account for there being 2 sketches. All jmo.

Re Today's LE release:

In the section asking for specific info , it asks for tips to include name/age etc

Then states 'Connection to Delphi'

It cant be an assumption that the perp had a connection to Delphi, ( also stated in the PC) ,albeit maybe a very strong assumption based on deduction, surely? This rules out a lot of people that dont have any connection. Risky.

Therefore, what is it that LE have that they KNOW the perp has a connection?

This is possibly the only thing that Ive seen or heard that makes me feel slightly that LE have some idea who the perp is, rather than a GBI review led , profile driven, start from square 1 reassessment.

All Moo

Connection could be “none” or “unknown” or “was in Delphi that day.”

Appreciate your reply. I'll add that men that are of the "reddish-brown" hair color, tend to have redder facial hair and leg hair and ... other private hair ... which makes it much more noticeable in someone that may appear to have plain brown hair on first glance. You think they are a brunette and then they sprout a ginger beard (no offense gingers!). Head hair darkens as they age possibly but I still say "reddish-brown" hair is very common overall and also a fairly loose descriptor covering a lot of hair colors.

Have you ever noticed that a brunet who sprouts a ginger beard is not uncommon, but the opposite - a ginger-haired man with a dark beard almost never happens? Also, a brunet with ginger beard (and other bodily hair) would often have the skin of a redhead, the one that easily burns in the sun or has freckles.

Saw some posts earlier about BG's red hair and how rare that is. Sure, it is. However, it is said to be "reddish-brown" which practically every other person here (I'm in Indiana) has. Some kind of reddish-brown hair. Lighter, darker, just highlights, only when the sun hits it, etc., but "reddish-brown". It's actually very common IMO. I also assert that that is some of the difficulty in identifying BG, it's not standout "red" hair, it's the very common "reddish-brown" which then includes a lot of potential suspects and eliminates few. When we thought he had a goatee, that too is super popular but I guess we are to discount that now. JMO

Yea I agree. I don't know if Indiana has iron in the water but here in WI we do. My hair always has an orange/rust tint to it where as if I wash it in water with less iron its more ash blond.

Hi all
First time poster, from the U.K., so for obvious reasons I can’t identify the POI and have no information to help LE.
But everything i have read, leads me to believe, and this is just my opinion, that the was two BGs, one Young and one older, and my opinion is the new sketch, belongs to the voice that says “Guys.”
I think this is what LE mean when they say “I bet you didn’t think we would change direction”
My own opinion is that LE know there is two perps involved and now they are letting them know (perps) that they know and have witnesses, that have provided sketches of them both. I will carry on reading in the background now just wanted to share my opinion

Welcome here Uniquecurlygirly.:):):)
Besides reading, I hope you'll continue posting.
Two creeps are being discussed, and hoping because of stress, blaming one another, they have a blue, and turn on one another, prattling to others.
MOO.

This is driving me batty. Not hard to do :)

So, we have a sketch that was done about 5 months post murders that was released in July 2017? That sketch is a dead ringer (imo) of an individual listed on the sex offender registry who naturally would have had to provide DNA to police. Problem, obviously his DNA did not match that of the crime scene or he'd be locked up by now. I'd love to know who provided that description to police which resulted in the sketch. Did that individual have an agenda? The odd thing is, he does somewhat resemble they guy on the bridge. But what does that mean? I can't make out a face clearly. He is looking down as to conceal his identity as he approaches. It could be my brother who kinda looks like that and has a bit of a gait because he broke both of his ankles years ago.

So this previous POI sex offender must have been ruled out. That could have been done a LONG time ago and yet only now has the investigation taken a sharp turn. We are left with the first sketch that was made 3 days after the murders which in all likelihood is the real killer, as we have been told. You know, people can change quite a bit in 2 years. I've seen it. MPB (male pattern baldness, I figured I'd just spell it out :)), change of hairstyle (if he still has any) weight gain, weight loss, facial hair comes and goes and clothing style may change (did a makeover). How convenient for the killer. Two plus years to think about that while LE are looking for someone from goodness knows where. I strongly suspect DNA will clinch this if they have enough, but I also think there may have been someone that purposefully misguided this investigation from the onset. Gut feeling. I wonder if we'll ever know for sure? I do think though that they have someone in mind and there are eyes all over him right now. Good luck with that Coward of Carrol County.
As always, MOO.

Have you ever noticed that a brunet who sprouts a ginger beard is not uncommon, but the opposite - a ginger-haired man with a dark beard almost never happens? Also, a brunet with ginger beard (and other bodily hair) would often have the skin of a redhead, the one that easily burns in the sun or has freckles.
its pretty common. these odd combo's.
my son has ash blonde hair.....with a ginger beard!!!! haha

so hard because a quick shave or grow a beard can totally change a mans appearance.
I.E my son might have been recognised as having a ginger beard....all he needs to do is go home have a shave and NOONE would suspect him of being able to grow a red beard with his colouring:confused:

moo

Last edited:
regarding Parabon images - has anyone seen one that actually resembled the real suspect? the ones I've seen look nothing like them
I think this one was pretty good. It came from a press conference today on a 47 yr old cold case. Unfortunately he is deceased and won’t face charges.

Attachments

• 9A1A4BA2-3AF1-4419-88A1-DDABC0B02D15.png
    9A1A4BA2-3AF1-4419-88A1-DDABC0B02D15.png
    429 KB · Views: 169
I snipped the post and bolded some of your comments because it made me think of something. Maybe off in left field. It goes back to Supt Carter asking in an early PC "Why Libby, why Abby, why Delphi?". I want to preface this by saying I do NOT believe Delphi is a bad place, rather I am speculating that is how BG perceives it.

So, what if a vulnerable human was not his only target, what if Delphi was too? What if BG did live or work or go to school or have some connection there. Maybe his childhood there was bad. Or he landed there but it wasn't his choosing (a move, a school or job transfer) or it was his choice but ultimately it didn't meet his expectations. Maybe he wasn't esteemed as he thought he should be, or maybe he was trying for a fresh start but his problems followed him. Something has not been right with this person for a very long time. What I'm suggesting is event(s) occurred in Delphi that left him feeling even more powerless, angry and resentful. And through association he blamed Delphi for his escalating misery and downward spiral when in reality it's something inside him. Maybe he wanted or felt he deserved recognition, he wanted to be remembered, he wanted notoriety. But he wasn't getting it through normal channels. And that enraged him.

My point: did these murders serve a dual purpose for him? Were there two targets: human and an entire town? Was he satisfying his urge to kill and getting revenge against Delphi at the same time? Does that answer the 'why Delphi' part? He's not a 'nobody' anymore and he made sure Delphi (his other target) will never forget him. LE says it's about control. He controlled two young girls and took their lives, but he's also manipulated and controlled the emotions and behaviors of an entire town through terror. Just a thought and MOO.

It would give a tremendous amount of power knowing they put out the wrong sketch, so may find it funny to him that he outsmarted everyone. Power and control. He created fear in an entire town.

I asked a few threads back but I don't think I got an answer- apologies if I did, and just point me in the right direction if so.

Could someone provide me an MSM link verifying that the girls specifically discussed "some creepy guy" earlier on during their walk that day on the trails? That quote has been put forth as fact many times, but I've just never seen anything to confirm this. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member