Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted 3 hrs ago by Texas Equisearch:

Texas EquuSearch - TXEQ

When they call off help from public does that mean they are expecting a recovery now? Or that they are looking for specific evidence in today’s search? I hope the link is for the specific post. I suuuuck at this on my phone lol).
I don’t think they ‘called off” help from the public, just stating that only want trained volunteers at this time.

By the way...your link worked perfectly...

<modsnip: Do not refer to social media rumors>

What date is the last confirmed date anyone (besides DV or BB) saw MD alive? Did she have a recent Dr appointment she went to? Has grandma seen her in the last week or 10 days? Just trying to find out when someone can definitively say they saw her last.

Last edited by a moderator:
What date is the last confirmed date anyone (besides DV or BB) saw MD alive? Did she have a recent Dr appointment she went to? Has grandma seen her in the last week or 10 days? Just trying to find out when someone can definitively say they saw her last.

BB's mom stated that it was Monday because BB's flight left Tues to go to the funeral. I believe MD was with BB at Nana's house to do laundry prior to mom leaving on her trip.

I don’t like where any of this is headed. Have soooo many personal opinions about this and sadly my instincts are proving to be right. I do hope they find her. I really do, no matter the outcome.
There are some very interesting theories going around SM. Won’t post them, but got me to wondering...

Yep. Agree. Sounds like those discussions involve my own personal theories on this. Would like to have answers to those exact same questions.

BB's mom stated that it was Monday because BB's flight left Tues to go to the funeral. I believe MD was with BB at Nana's house to do laundry prior to mom leaving on her trip.

I read this too. I'm trying to find where again.

<modsnip: Do not refer to social media rumors>

Grandma said she saw her on Monday when BB came over to do her laundry before leaving for CT on Tuesday. It was in the interview she did last night. Where is Maleah Davis? Timeline in the disappearance of 4-year-old Houston girl

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there may have been a bit of conversation beforehand too. He was outside the vehicle as the pulled up behind him. He was able to give LE the year and make of the truck, and was able to describe the rims. That suggests to me that he had time to be near their vehicle, before he was knocked out. The rims on the representative truck, are the ones he described. (see vid in link @20sec) I'd probably not taken note of them. They don't appear to be rims that would stand out.

Mother of missing 4-year-old girl, whose stepfather says was kidnapped, speaks out

Just an FYI. The "representative" truck has no hubcaps and 2 doors. The 2 back panels open "backwards" only when the actual door is open on that side. You aren't getting in the back easily.

Texas EquuSearch joins HPD search for girl, 4, reported kidnapped

“The child and her family were the subject of a CPS investigation because of a head injury that prompted the surgeries, officials said. The girl and her siblings, two boys who were then 5 and 1, were taken into state custody in August after a report was made that the injury was sustained from "possible physical abuse," CPS spokeswoman Tiffani Butler said.

The children were placed into the care of a relative until a judge in February ordered that they be returned and periodically monitored by CPS caseworkers.

"CPS still has custody," Butler said. "We were going to the home at least once a month."”
This is the 2nd I’ve followed where CPS has made a statement. I wish other jurisdictions would follow this policy.

Wonder if dad was robbed. Did they take his ATM card? Was anything missing?
The problem I have is I can see a robbery, I can see a drug sale/buy gone bad. I have little faith in humans and can see any one person doing ugly things... but I cannot imagine a scenario where a group of THREE, even hardened gangbangers will take the little girl, money sure, drugs, the car, absolutely, but not a child, not three people being OK with that. It's a hard story to get behind.

The problem I have is I can see a robbery, I can see a drug sale/buy gone bad. I have little faith in humans and can see any one person doing ugly things... but I cannot imagine a scenario where a group of THREE, even hardened gangbangers will take the little girl, money sure, drugs, the car, absolutely, but not a child, not three people being OK with that. It's a hard story to get behind.
Oh I agree. Trust me I agree :)

I saw a picture of the father on tv news, and he's sporting a very large lump on his forehead and a cut/scrape there, consistent with being hit. I'm speculating here, but it looks like it might even be blunt instrument, like being hit by the back end of a long gun. Pure speculation on my part, but it does seem to give some level of credence to the father's account.

Still, I can't help but think back a couple of years to the Andressian case, where the dad said he was knocked out and someone took the child. In that case, it was a fabrication, as dad later confessed to his murder and is now sitting in jail. The visual of Maleah's father's genuine injury sets this case apart.

I hope and pray that this little girl comes home, safe and sound.

Update #3

Friday, May 3
  • DV was driving a silver 2011 Nissan Altima with TX paper tags 3092G9 to IAH with Maleah and her 2-year-old brother to pick up Maleah’s mother (“BB”), who was returning from her father's funeral in MA. [1] [2]
  • DV heard a popping noise and pulled over, when a blue Chevrolet pickup w/crew cab, possibly a 2010, pulled behind him and two Hispanic males got out. One of them said Maleah looks very nice, looks very sweet. The other male hit DV on the head and he lost consciousness. [2]
  • When DV didn’t show up at the airport, BB called her mother, (“BB2”), to come and get her, but didn’t report DV and the children missing. [2]
  • DV was in and out of consciousness, but at one point he was in the back of the suspects' truck with his son and Maleah and then there were three suspects in the vehicle driving them around. [1]
  • Maleah was last seen approx 8 p.m. per the Amber Alert. [3]
  • BB did not have her house keys and spent the night with BB2 [11]
Saturday, May 4
  • BB tells ABC13 Eyewitness News they called police Saturday morning to file a report because they were concerned after not hearing from DV, but detective clearly stated no report was filed [2].
  • BB2 explained that on Saturday, they went to the police department again when nobody was contacting them and found out they had to fill out more forms, contact the missing person’s unit, etc. [11]
  • 2:54 p.m. - The Nissan Altima was seen on a traffic camera near Hwy 59 & State Hwy 6 in Sugar Land. [1] [2]
  • 6 p.m. DV woke up on the side of the SW Freeway near SH 6 in Sugar Land, about 22 miles SW of Houston - near First Colony Mall. [2] His son was with him and he wandered around for four or five hours trying to summon help. [2] The Altima was allegedly stolen. [1]
  • 10 or 11 p.m. – DV and his son arrived on foot at Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital. DV and his son were treated for minor injuries, released, and police were called around midnight. [4] [5] From the mall to the hospital (.4 miles/10 min walk): Google Maps
Sunday, May 5
  • Amber Alert was issued at 8:27 a.m. [9]
  • Amber Alert was updated – Maleah is 4 years old
  • Houston PD press conference
  • Flyers were distributed and Oyster Creek Park at Highway 6 and I-59 was searched by volunteers [6]
  • Neighbors said investigators were at the family’s apartment on Kirkwood in Meadows Place on Sunday, collecting evidence and talking to neighbors. [10]
Monday, May 6
  • Texas Equusearch (“TXEQ”) announced its volunteers will join the search starting at 10:30 a.m. They are meeting at the Eastex Freeway and Greens Road and say they need volunteers on foot and ATVs. [7]
  • BB was interviewed by ABC13 and says she is terrified for Maleah. [8]
  • TXEQ began searching on foot and ATV in the area of Hwy 59 and Greens Rd in NE Houston where DV said the assault/abduction took place. Tim Miller (“TM”) said, "We want to start checking every single dumpster just in case." [12]
  • Later, crews were seen searching near First Colony Mall in Sugar Land. [14]
  • 6.p.m. Volunteers met in Sugar Land to hand out fliers with Maleah's photo. [13]
  • 6:30 p.m. BB and BB2 were interviewed by KHOU [11]
[1] Amber Alert Issued For 4-Year-Old Houston Girl Reportedly Abducted By 3 Males
[2] Stepdad of missing 5-year-old says he was knocked out. When he woke up a day later, she was gone
[3] Have you seen this child? Maleah Davis
[4] Missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis had been removed from home after physical abuse allegations
[5] Intensive search underway for girl, 4, whose stepfather says she was abducted on a Texas highway
[6] Amber Alert: Volunteers search for Maleah Davis in wooded area near Bush Airport
[7] MISSING: Maleah Davis – Houston, Texas (5/03/19)
[8] MALEAH DAVIS: What we know about missing Houston 4-year-old who was possibly kidnapped
[9] Where is Maleah Davis? Timeline in the disappearance of 4-year-old Houston girl
[10] Search expands for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis
[11] KHOU 11 News Houston @KHOU
[12] Missing 4-year-old girl removed last year by CPS: Officials
[13] Where is Maleah Davis? Timeline in the disappearance of 4-year-old Houston girl
[14] Search expands for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=3423726&add=1#

Last edited:
This is from PommyMommy's post. I'm sorry, I don't know how to reply to just a snip of the post..

• 6 p.m. DV woke up on the side of the SW Freeway near SH 6 in Sugar Land, about 22 miles SW of Houston - near First Colony Mall. [2] His son was with him and he wandered around for four or five hours trying to summon help. [2] The Altima was allegedly stolen. [1]
This has bothered me since I've first read the story. He was on the side of the freeway with a baby and the baby did not wonder away? I have an almost 2 year old and I do not think he would just stay in one spot. This part really sticks out like a sore thumb to me and I'm sorry if this has already been brought up. I've not been able to keep up with this one as much as I'd like to so again, sorry if this has already been stated.

I saw a picture of the father on tv news, and he's sporting a very large lump on his forehead and a cut/scrape there, consistent with being hit. I'm speculating here, but it looks like it might even be blunt instrument, like being hit by the back end of a long gun. Pure speculation on my part, but it does seem to give some level of credence to the father's account.

Still, I can't help but think back a couple of years to the Andressian case, where the dad said he was knocked out and someone took the child. In that case, it was a fabrication, as dad later confessed to his murder and is now sitting in jail. The visual of Maleah's father's genuine injury sets this case apart.

I hope and pray that this little girl comes home, safe and sound.

Go back and read the thread and you will see his wound discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288