Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting my own post for clarification. Let's say LE has a vehicle connected to the crime and a suspect. Alibi Jane Doe says, Suspect John Doe couldn't possibly have been driving the vehicle that day because I was. LE says well, we know it was Alibi Jane Doe because she is a lady (or because he doesn't fit the description of BG at all, in any way, shape or form)! Two years later, LE asks the question, "Who saw the driver?" Man About Town comes forward and says I saw the vehicle in town that day. I didn't recognize the driver but it DEFINITELY wasn't Alibi Jane Doe."
Now we’re cooking with gas!

According to this article, Riley states “still looking for the car that was parked in the lot”.
If they are in fact looking for the car it could have "accidentally"
had sugar put in gas tank and is now a heap of flattened metal
and on it's way to China.
My understanding of PC was that they were looking for the DRIVER of said car, not the car itself.
Seems they already have proof of car being at an important parking site
on day of murders, but no one can say or saw who was driving it.

LE knows who owns the vehicle. They also know who has access to driving it. All those parties must have an alibi imo, and LE needs someone to come forward and say who was really driving it that day. I do think they are close.

I’m not so sure they know anything about the actual vehicle other than someone saying they think they saw a vehicle parked there that day

Hence they almost surely have no idea who was driving it

It leads me to believe that likely they need this tip to even focus on a particular poi

Also I’m beginning to doubt highly that they have actual DNA evidence connected to BG

I think many of the samples from the crime seen were taken with the hopes of being able to extract dna of the killer.

I also think many of the dna samples from people interviewed etc were taken to compare at a later date if they were able to develop A dna profile of the killer from the crime scene.

As it stands today I think them having any significant dna evidence is highly unlikely

The piece they are looking for is to ID a vehicle and driver by local tips

I think we can read between the lines

I like that they are focused in on local residents, as I have always felt the key to this case lied in a particular connection to an individual that was very familiar to that bridge and the area surrounding it.

I think this case will be solved but probably not in the next few weeks

All speculation by me
Jmo

How do you know this?

That press conference, releasing a two year old sketch, asking the public for information, was something you do on day one - not day 780. The information they gave, (offender told someone, works, lives, used to live in the area, may be following the investigation, could have been interviewed in the past) was a basic profile of a small town murderer.

The police officer, Carter, was emotional - not empowered. He was disappointed to be on that podium, announcing to anyone who was paying attention, that they were starting st square one.

That press conference, releasing a two year old sketch, asking the public for information, was something you do on day one - not day 780. The information they gave, (offender told someone, works, lives, used to live in the area, may be following the investigation, could have been interviewed in the past) was a basic profile of a small town murderer.

The police officer, Carter, was emotional - not empowered. He was disappointed to be on that podium, announcing to anyone who was paying attention, that they were starting st square one.
In other words, this is speculation and opinion on your part ?......moo

I had another what if moment. The coffee is strong this morning and doing it's job. Let's say Suspect John Doe has a deep hatred for those he is closest to (for whatever reason). What if Suspect John Doe DELIBERATELY borrowed a vehicle from Alibi Jane Doe, HOPING it would throw suspicion on the Alibi.

I wonder if the suspect is paranoid and opting to not put out his trash the past few years or the last two weeks.
I mean how would the suspect throw out his trash? Anything he touched or used could be evidence!
My guess is more recently, like not long before the PC. Maybe he got a "tip" that things were heating up in the investigation. I think he felt quite comfortable and felt "protected" by LE following a "dead end". Well, it's not dead anymore and it's leading right to his front door now. CCC is not so comfortable now :) Maybe he's got a burn barrel on the property to burn his trash? JMHO

I’m not sure it’s fair to say they are starting at square one.

They have thousands of pages of investigative material that they now have at their fingertips

Different direction absolutely

Square one not so much

I'm more interested/concerned about why the first sketch, the one produced a mere 3 days after the murders was "shelved". Why was it ignored? Obviously, it WAS important because that's who they're looking for now. WHY, WHY, WHY? MHO
I felt the same way and have been reading around different sites what people are saying but it is all rumor so can't quote. IMO though it's possible that the #1 sketch guy was maybe found, arrested, tested and cleared of being the killer? Maybe this vagrant guy was also spotted by numerous witnesses the day of the murders? He could have given LE a tip that helped turn them in the right direction? His info could have possibly matched the sketch #2 witnesses account of things. AJMO

I felt the same way and have been reading around different sites what people are saying but it is all rumor so can't quote. IMO though it's possible that the #1 sketch guy was maybe found, arrested, tested and cleared of being the killer? Maybe this vagrant guy was also spotted by numerous witnesses the day of the murders? He could have given LE a tip that helped turn them in the right direction? His info could have possibly matched the sketch #2 witnesses account of things. AJMO
I think #1 sketch guy (which is actually the second sketch done 5 months later) was supposed to be the "fall guy" because of his "sketchy" past (pun intended). But, of course, he wasn't the perp for this crime and the DNA would have showed that. What perplexes me is that they didn't shift gears right then and there, and go back to the sketch done 3 days after the murders. Makes me want to scream :)

I’m not sure it’s fair to say they are starting at square one.

They have thousands of pages of investigative material that they now have at their fingertips

Different direction absolutely

Square one not so much

Additionally, as mentioned before, even IF they’re starting back at square one so to speak, they clearly indicated they would do this if this what they ever needed to do.

Pulling quote.

Signed,
Magz
(Obsessive quote puller)

Eta:
One Year Later: Why the Delphi case isn't cold

“Although a year has passed since the murders of Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams, Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter says he will not let the case go cold before their killer is found.

“I’ve said all along, as long as I’m in this role and breathing, we’re not leaving the City of Delphi in Carroll County, Indiana, we’re just not, said Carter. And if we get to the point where we have exhausted the leads that we currently have in the queue then we’re going to start all over again.”

Last edited:
One more thing...when BTK was active little was known about DNA evidence. In the Golden State Killer case the guy left copious amounts of DNA without a care in the world. Today's criminals are aware and more circumspect. BTW this is a great forum with lots of interesting ideas. Lack of agreement that generates discussion is a good thing. Helps everyone look at things from different angles.

BBM. I could not agree more, it makes for the best of discussions when all respect other's opinions and want to actively discuss various thoughts and the questions that exist and guess at what evidence they may have, how close they are to an arrest, etc. I, like others, can barely keep up with this thread.

The PC had that effect without a doubt. It is back in the forefront of people's thoughts. That is a good thing!

This is interesting in hindsight.

From April 2017:
[h=1]High Bridge access changes, parking will no longer be allowed off of 300 North[/h]
High Bridge access changes, parking will no longer be allowed off of 300 North

“People will now have to access the High Bridge and its surrounding trails from the west end of Freedom Bridge, Corson said.

“It’s further. It certainly is,” Dan McCain, chairman of Delphi Historic Trails and president of the Wabash & Erie Canal Association, said in a telephone interview April 4 when asked about the distance.”

Also, noting this:

Indiana Computer Crimes Against Children Taskforce assisting in Delphi murders investigation
RTV6 The Indy Channel

[video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads