Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA, no matter how I look at it the story just doesn’t add up.
JMO
Nope, it sure doesn't. Car thieves don't take vehicles with a flat tire and kidnappers don't take a parent along. People call 911 when a child has been abducted, their car has been stolen, and they've been assaulted. So much wrong here... MOO

I am curious if he's been examined. If he "blacked out" for 24 hours that would be a concussion right or brain injury? Would they not be able to do testing to confirm this is in fact true? Would they not want to do this regardless since he claims he was blacked out for 24 hours … just a thought.

A 2010 Silverado looks just like multiple other years. Starting in 2010, some started sporting dual cup holders in the front doors. Major body change was done back in 2nd half of 2007. We have and have had multiple years and cab styles. We own/owned them, so we know the years. A stranger wouldn't- a Chevy Silverado buff would know pre or post 2007 unless they were under the hood. That blue wasn't a popular color- and stands out. That Altima looks like multiple other cars, and is going to much harder to find

Last edited:
This is the 2nd I’ve followed where CPS has made a statement. I wish other jurisdictions would follow this policy.
I knew there was the but wait there's more. To this 'story'.
Massive head wound, children removed from home.
Who decided a flapping head wound was 'non violent'? Seriously. Who made that call?
Who in the Hell (Judge)decided to give the children back, with abysmal supervision?

Last edited:
Just parking a few more quotes as I continue to sit...

“Volunteers combed a wooded area along the Eastex Freeway and Greens Road on foot and on ATVs. The area is where Maleah, 4, was kidnapped, according to her stepfather. Later Monday, crews were seen searching another area, at First Colony Mall in Sugar Land.

An HPD helicopter was spotted flying over the area in northeast Harris County on Monday morning.”

“Neighbors said investigators were at the family’s apartment on Kirkwood in Meadows Place on Sunday, collecting evidence and talking to neighbors.”

Search expands for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis

Might be time to start creating a map.

I don’t know how to create a map. Maybe I will try when I’m on a computer and not my phone.

The Meadows Place Apartments are just North of 59/69, east of HWY 6 and west of HWY 8. It’s a Stafford address, pretty close to Sugar Land. (It’s a 10 minute drive - west to the Houston Methodist Hospital in Sugar Land).

The location he regained consciousness and memory is at Hwy 6 and 59/69. This is about a mile east of the hospital.

Bush International Airport (IAH) is north of Houston. It is west of 69 and east of I-45. It is N of 8 and south of 99. It is near Humble in the Aldine area. It is 37 miles from the Meadow Place Apartments to the Airport. There are many different routes one could take. The fastest would be to take HWY 8, which turns into the Sam Houston Tollway. It avoids downtown Houston.

The intersection of Greens Rd and 69 (alleged abduction site) is up in North Houston / Humble area. It is going to be south and east of the airport, but along a possible route to the airport. It is N of HWY 8.

ETA search area “Eastex Freeway and Greens Road” - Eastex Freeway is another term for 69 upon that area.

NOTE: the Meadows Place Apartments off Kirkwood that I found indicates these are Senior Living Apartments.

Apartments for Rent in Stafford, TX | Meadows Place Senior Village - Home

Last edited:
I do not believe for a second that the "step father" tried to hail anyone to pull over and help him and therefore he walked for hours to get help.

If I were to see a man and a little child on the side of the highway trying to flag anyone for help I would call 911 immediately and alert authorities (I myself would not stop). I would also remember if I had seen an individual doing such and when step dad's statement regarding him trying to flag someone to stop and help him came out in the news media I would think there would be many witnesses that would call in and confirm a sighting. I have not heard such anywhere that his story is at all corroborated or that people called in a man on the side of the road with a little toddler seeking assistance.

Update #3

Friday, May 3
  • DV was driving a silver 2011 Nissan Altima with TX paper tags 3092G9 to IAH with Maleah and her 2-year-old brother to pick up Maleah’s mother (“BB”), who was returning from her father's funeral in MA. [1] [2] ...
RSBM - Thanks Pommy, was just about to ask for a timeline.

I don’t know how to create a map. Maybe I will try when I’m on a computer and not my phone.

The Meadows Place Apartments are just North of 59/69, east of HWY 6 and west of HWY 8. It’s a Stafford address, pretty close to Sugar Land. (It’s a 10 minute drive - west to the Houston Methodist Hospital in Sugar Land).

The location he regained consciousness and memory is at Hwy 6 and 59/69. This is about a mile east of the hospital.

Bush International Airport (IAH) is north of Houston. It is west of 69 and east of I-45. It is N of 8 and south of 99. It is near Humble in the Aldine area. It is 37 miles from the Meadow Place Apartments to the Airport. There are many different routes one could take. The fastest would be to take HWY 8, which turns into the Sam Houston Tollway. It avoids downtown Houston.

The intersection of Greens Rd and 69 (alleged abduction site) is up in North Houston / Humble area. It is going to be south and east of the airport, but along a possible route to the airport. It is N of HWY 8.

NOTE: the Meadows Place Apartments off Kirkwood that I found indicates these are Senior Living Apartments.

I have wondered if the Nissan was on our toll system...wondered how long it would take LE to get license plate info from the camera shots if indeed they exist.

I saw a picture of the father on tv news, and he's sporting a very large lump on his forehead and a cut/scrape there, consistent with being hit. I'm speculating here, but it looks like it might even be blunt instrument, like being hit by the back end of a long gun. Pure speculation on my part, but it does seem to give some level of credence to the father's account.

Still, I can't help but think back a couple of years to the Andressian case, where the dad said he was knocked out and someone took the child. In that case, it was a fabrication, as dad later confessed to his murder and is now sitting in jail. The visual of Maleah's father's genuine injury sets this case apart.

I hope and pray that this little girl comes home, safe and sound.

No one called on a guy being hit with the butt of a shotgun on the side of the road? Or a guy wielding one on the side on the road whilst walking up to a disabled car?

I would need to see the steering wheel of that Altima to decide if that's what his head met, but a standard 2011 wheel would leave a different pattern (depending on impact) ( yeah, we had one of those as well). Most old timers here know cars and trucks are my "thing". My dad owned a collision shop, my brother a mechanic. My husband can fix anything- with multiple sons and brothers, I am pretty good with info about a few.

The steering wheel could be a replacement or had a cover as well. That car also has air bags, so a hit on the wheel would have to be self inflicted. I think the part of the story about the tire may be true- but when the car was ditched, not on the hwy.

I do not believe for a second that the "step father" tried to hail anyone to pull over and help him and therefore he walked for hours to get help.

If I were to see a man and a little child on the side of the highway trying to flag anyone for help I would call 911 immediately and alert authorities (I myself would not stop). I would also remember if I had seen an individual doing such and when step dad's statement regarding him trying to flag someone to stop and help him came out in the news media I would think there would be many witnesses that would call in and confirm a sighting. I have not heard such anywhere that his story is at all corroborated or that people called in a man on the side of the road with a little toddler seeking assistance.

That’s the thing - the area he “came to” is a huge retail area. There are restaurants, retail shops, a huge mall - ALL right there at that intersection. He wouldn’t have to walk 3 minutes to be inside and ask someone to call 911.

I get it, head wound. If his head wound was bad enough that he couldn’t think straight to enter one of the multiple establishments, why was he released from the hospital with “minor injuries”?

Also, the walk from that intersection to the hospital is 30 minutes, tops. Google map says 22 minutes.

It just doesn’t add up for me.

ETA search area “Eastex Freeway and Greens Road” - Eastex Freeway is another term for 69 upon that area.

Thank you so much for your insight as a local. It is very helpful.

This is the map I am using. I added a marker for S. Kirkwood but it is not an exact location of DV/BB's apartment. Maleah Davis map

I would love to know where on her head Maleah suffered such damage that caused her to need surgery for a TBI. Makes me wonder if it was smack dab in the middle of her forehead.
BB2 describes it in this video: KHOU 11 News Houston @KHOU

IIRC, she says that Maleah has a lot of hair so it's not immediately noticeable but if you're looking for it, you can see it. (Paraphrasing, but something like that.) I seem to remember that it's on the right side of her head, but I probably need to go back and listen to that again. MOO

Last edited:
Nick Valencia on Twitter
BREAKING- “His story doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t. But in my gut, I believe him.” Brittany Bowens, mother of missing 4-year-old #MaleahDavis tells me when asked if she believes her fiancé’s story. In a wide ranging phone interview she also denies any abuse at the home.
D5-pE7bW4AAcaGY.jpg
D5-pE7dWsAAf5ZS.jpg

11:47 PM - 7 May 2019 from Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads