Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of pictures here seems to show a chair and a lamp, imo.

Demolition begins on home where Honey and Barry Sherman were murdered
White lampshade on pole base and White chair with chrome armrest - in this photo (image can be enlarged at link):
image.jpg

A couple of pictures here seems to show a chair and a lamp, imo.

Yes, I can see that.

The demolition company would be responsible for everything the family didn't remove:

"At Lions, we demolish structures with the kind of precision and planning needed to complete each project on time without accident or delay. We practice the "3 R's" efficiently diverting waste from landfills by salvaging, sorting of materials onsite."
Lions Demolition

I was involved with an office building demolition. There was advertising for anyone to come and remove anything they wanted. There was a large amount of unwanted old desks and crappy, stained fabric chairs, some of them undoubtedly ended up in the landfill along with the construction debris.

Back over a year ago, in March 2018, representatives from an auction house came to appraise the contents of the home.

"Appraisers were at the house in north Toronto too, examining the couple’s possessions before professional cleaners started on the house this week.
Around 10 a.m., a van arrived with four people from Waddington’s, an auction house that specializes in fine arts, wine and spirits, unique collections and confidential sales involving “timing and privacy,” according to its website. The group was presumably at the house to assess the Shermans’ art and other valuables, though none of them would answer questions as they stood outside the caution tape surrounding the estate.
...the transition continues towards putting the house back in order and making a determination — that has not yet been made — of what to do with the house,” Greenspan said.

“The executors of the estate are now going through the normal course of what needs to be done.”"

I suppose they took only the valuables out, to be sold at auction, leaving the mundane behind? Perhaps it was less work and time to just have the sundry items all demolished along with the home, rather than taking the time to deal with charities who would come to the home to pick up the items to resell in their stores or distribute to the disadvantaged?

Also, it seems the home became a haven for discarded/unwanted items from B's office at Apo? From same article:

"A white transport truck backed into the vacant estate of Barry and Honey Sherman on Monday morning, scraping across the branches hanging over the driveway, to drop off an easy chair, a cabinet, a table. Nearly three months after the billionaire and his philanthropist wife were found dead, it appeared Apotex, the generic pharmaceutical empire he founded, had begun clearing out his office."

Apo truck dropping off discarded office items at the home on 030518.png

Amid quiet from high-profile murder probes, family takes back house where Shermans died

It wouldn’t surprise me if this decision is appealed to the Supreme Court of Canada.

I don’t think they would get leave.

The initial application was based on very weak evidence. I don’t think it is a case of broad interest that suits the SCC.

If the executors don’t get a stay in place post haste it doesn’t matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk