Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this confuses me.

Previously we had been told that the brain injury was determined to be the result of a fall and that’s why the kids were returned. But in these documents CPS asserts that both BB and CD WERE abusing and neglecting the kids.

So which is it? And not to be redundant, but what judge could look at those reports and return them? Even in AJ’s case at least the caseworkers were (inaccurately) reporting that the kids were fine on their visits. To send these kids back home is just so unbelievable!

MOO JMO etc

I think that once Maleah was at the hospital for the accident, old injuries consistent with abuse were recognized.

Too bad the judge,and CPS didn't see the red flags.
MOO
Apparently they did. I think I read placement with the mom and stepdad was temporary and they were due back in court soon to determine whether or not they would be given custody again. CPS was checking in on them at least once a month.
It looks like they may have been too late.
They should have been ordered to participate in counselling and parenting classes during the six months the kids were removed from the home. Imo

I want to hear what nana has to say about all of this.

She's probably as frustrated as the rest of us. Probably felt that she had given BB all the tools she needed to make good decisions and like so many young adults they end up making not so wise choices. Or end up with a partner/s who guide them in making some bad choices.

I guess that explains who was caring for the little boy. The kidnappers must have changed him, fed him, and kept him occupied.
I'm surprised they lasted 24 hours, when they could have just left father and son on the side of the road to begin with. Very strange.
What in the world would be the motive for driving the victim you knocked out and his one year old around in a truck for 24 hours then dumping both on the side of the road. Surely I must be misunderstanding or missing something. 24 hours?

Apparently they did. I think I read placement with the mom and stepdad was temporary and they were due back in court soon to determine whether or not they would be given custody again. CPS was checking in on them at least once a month.
They should have been ordered to participate in counselling and parenting classes during the six months the kids were removed from the home. Imo

The news report said BB was going to parenting classes.

BB and Bio Dad were those who were accused of child abuse.

The hearing was in a couple weeks to determine permanence of Maleah being placed with BB.
My recap:
-BB and CD were each accused of a “history or pattern of child abuse and child neglect”
-BB was visiting with MD and her older brother just once a week on Saturdays during the time they were in CPS custody and CD was not visiting.
-dr. Could not confirm that her injuries were caused by abuse
-“we reached out to Maleah’s mother and her attorney and have not heard back.”

BB and Bio Dad were those who were accused of child abuse.

The hearing was in a couple weeks to determine permanence of Maleah being placed with BB.

Not surprised at all.
Even though it appears that DV was/is the main player, at least a couple of others have some possible neglect going on here.

If the bio father was active in Maleah's life, one would think he would have her while her mom was away at a funeral. Not doubting that he didn't care for or love the child, just that there seems to be a few things he could have done much differently as well.

Mom was away for almost 4 full days. Makes me wonder who he thought was taking care of his child. Or was he that uninvolved that he didn't even know that bio mom would be away. Or possibly he's not allowed to have her unsupervised because of the pending CPS case?

Nana comes across as genuine in this video. Well spoken, IMO

Agreed. I should have elaborated. She is the only player in this IMO that is coming across as a straight shooter and I think really had the interests of those kids at heart. Would be interested if they were with her while in CPS custody MOO. The only time I have come close to tearing up in this whole thing was when nana spoke. “Nana’s coming for you”

What in the world would be the motive for driving the victim you knocked out and his one year old around in a truck for 24 hours then dumping both on the side of the road. Surely I must be misunderstanding or missing something. 24 hours?
That is what his "story" is. It does not mean that it is true, and common sense tells us it's probably not!
So you are not missing anything about the details of his story but you are right to doubt it. I bet LE does too. Jmo

Wow, this confuses me.

Previously we had been told that the brain injury was determined to be the result of a fall and that’s why the kids were returned. But in these documents CPS asserts that both BB and CD WERE abusing and neglecting the kids.

So which is it? And not to be redundant, but what judge could look at those reports and return them? Even in AJ’s case at least the caseworkers were (inaccurately) reporting that the kids were fine on their visits. To send these kids back home is just so unbelievable!

MOO JMO etc

I think it's possible to be both neglected, abused, and also have an accidental fall. Children do fall.

Allegedly, last August, MD had accidental fall-- hitting corner edge of table with her head.

However, Physician was not able to determine if head injury was result of abuse.

The children were removed by CPS last August, and returned to BB in Feb 2019.

Once removed by the agency, children typically return to parents under monitored care, and remain under temporary custody of DFPS for at least 180 days. This appears to be true with MD as there's a hearing for permanent custody scheduled on about 5/22/19.

Whether or not either parent is granted custody of their children from DFPS later this month is yet to be determined.

I'm curious what the monitored reports beginning Feb will cite.

I could be wrong but I don't get the feeling the reports will be favorable to the bio parents.

MOO

I've been thinking about possible places that the car could be parked. I don't think its in the river. It's too complex with a 2 year old in tow.

Working off the idea that truths in the midst of lies, the very first media article refers to north Houston. Several members here thought it happened in Humble. I'm not sure why it started with north Houston. Did POI mess up again?

"Police said the motive in the kidnapping incident and its original north Houston location are unknown at this time."

The other location is the airport which is reported continuously. He was definitely not there Friday night, but could very easily have been there Saturday night between 3 pm and 10 pm. How does he get back across town? Uber of course.....drops him anywhere in the area and he walks over to the hospital.

SPECULATION!!

Police release additional information in case of missing Maleah Davis

Missing girl's biological dad: 'I can't control my emotions'

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The biological father of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis wants the child's stepdad to speak to him about what happened when the girl disappeared.

On Tuesday, speaking for the first time since his daughter's disappearance over the weekend, Craig Davis told ABC13 Eyewitness News that he hasn't gone public because he's unsure of how he would react while his child is still missing.

"I haven't spoken to the public because I can't talk about my daughter. I can't control my emotions. I can't predict myself. I break down and I cry," he said.

Beyond eagerly awaiting the fate of his child, Davis expressed his desire to speak with the girl's stepfather Darion Vence, who told authorities that he had been jumped on the side of the road Friday night on the way to Bush Intercontinental Airport to pick up Maleah's mom.
[...]
"I'm not putting the blame on anybody," Craig said. "I just need the questions that aren't answered to be answered. There are so many unanswered questions. It's not for the public to answer to them for me. It's not for the police to answer them for me. It's not for the news to answer them for me. It's for Darion to answer for me."

Maleah's dad describes her as strong and determined, especially after going through three head surgeries at just 4 years old.

"Even in pain, even in her injury, my daughter went through everything she went through and it did not change anything about her," he said.

Crews and volunteers moved the focus of the search to southwest Houston after combing an area of the northeast side earlier in the day.
I cannot fathom what the bio father is going through. Poor Maleah suffered the major brain injury and I would think antennas were way up as to how that happened.

Can these bio fathers get custody of their children when bio Mom has interactions with CPS? Does anyone know what kind of relationship they had.....were they on friendly or decent co parenting terms?

HOW CAN WE STOP THIS MADNESS?? :(

As if parenting classes would help.
Monthly CPS visits didn't.
I really would like to know WTH the judge was thinking. When ordering Maleah placed back there. How can they sleep,or even stand themself. Seriously. This is on their hands,as well as anyone that hurt Maleah.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members