Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The abuse allegations against both bio parents could be because nobody's telling the truth, both parents were accusing each other when presented with the injuries, and everyone involved was denying being responsible -- and thus, CPS could not determine which parent was abusing the kids (or if it was both of them) and let the record show that both are suspected of patterns of abuse and neglect in order to give the kids the most coverage/help under the law.

However, (and this is speculation as it seems totally possible that either or both of the bio parents could be responsible for the abuse/neglect) what if DV was also or instead responsible for hurting the children and BB just kept him off the investigative radar as much as she could? This seems in character given her statements about believing his ridiculous story from last Friday/Saturday.

I'd sure like to know where Maleah's brothers are right now -- I am hoping with the aunt who picked up the older brother and was refused access to "sick" Maleah. I hope the little brother is not still with DV or his family. I bet there was never any question about Bio Dad taking the kids during the funeral trip because if he did not comply with visitation or other CPS terms he is probably not supposed to have them at all.

I’m not. It’s more the norm for the kids to be returned, imo.
Again, why do parents get a “do-over”? What makes a judge think an anger management or parenting class changes an abusive person?

In my line of work as a home visitor providing services to DCP&P (CPS) clients, when there is an injury like what is described here, more often than not, reunification doesn’t occur. Again this is just what I’ve observed directly working alongside DCP&P and providing services to their families.

But as someone else stated, it appears that the doctor treating her was not able to say whether this was a case of abuse or an accident (I didn’t read that before making my previous post). In those situations, parents still have rights and the children are often reunified with them. What stands out to me is that the doctor also took notice of past injuries that appeared to be abusive in nature. Of course accidents happen, but with previous injuries on top of a head injury... yeah I’m still shocked the judge ruled to place the kids back in the home.

However, (and this is speculation as it seems totally possible that either or both of the bio parents could be responsible for the abuse/neglect) what if DV was also or instead responsible for hurting the children and BB just kept him off the investigative radar as much as she could?

rsbm

I can't figure out how bio-dad and mom were targeted as the abusers if DV was living with mom and the kids when MD had her brain injury. I'm sure CPS would have investigated DV if he was living with mom. I'm confused by this.

I was trying to hang on to the positive about the rain water moving something "loose" in the case, but then after watching the news and seeing how many cars are being left roadside due to flash flooding... I feel like that's going to complicate matters.
One positive note....in our area,we had a lot of flash flooding and firemen searched each and every car that was left by the side of the road. Each of the cars were then marked. Maybe all the rain will have the emergency personnel checking them as soon as it is safe to do.

Thanks for asking. It's still storming in Sugar Land. After 2 1/2 hours creeping along in traffic, the best my hubby to do is find high ground about a mile away from our home. Hoping he can walk the rest of the way home tonight. All the streets around us are impassable. We got 10 inches of rain in 6 hours.

Jeff Lindner‏Verified account @JeffLindner1

Refuses to give up. More water on an already flooded Fort Bend County #houwx #hounews

10:26 PM - 7 May 2019

Hope you all stay safe in Texas.

Maleah, wherever you are honey, I hope you are safe & dry...something tells me you are finally safe and being loved by someone....in heaven. If that is true, I believe the person(s) that hurt you will be brought to Texas justice and you will finally have your peace. MOO

Storms cut search for Maleah Davis short near stepfather's home
A deluge of rain and lightning brought the desperate hunt for a missing 4-year-old girl to an abrupt end Tuesday afternoon as volunteer search crews inched their way closer to where the child’s stepfather lives.

Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller dispatched more than two dozen people to the Alief area near Kirkwood Road and Bissonnet Street...

The searchers found nothing after spending Monday and Tuesday morning combing an area around Interstate 69 and Greens Road... With HPD’s blessing, Miller moved his command post to a business strip near Vence’s apartment, he said.

[...]

The souring weather left Miller short on help and time. Around 3 p.m., he retreated to his command post to prepare for Wednesday’s search. There, as rain pelted his trailer and thunder rumbled overhead, he recounted a phone call he had with HPD investigators.

“With the information he gave you, we’ve cleared everything up there and I want to go ahead and move down closer to the apartment,” is what Miller said he told the investigator.

“He says, ‘I totally agree,’” Miller said. “We’re all in agreement.”

[...]

(In case anyone is wondering where I am, I am sitting this one out on purpose in order to retain soooome sanity.)

I hear you Marg, I got myself in trouble posting on Sunday evening in this case. Noah, AJ, Duke and now sweet vulnerable little Maleah. She hasn't even been back in the home for two months, and is missing and likely dead.

We used to worry about child abduction/murder. But it seems now kids aren't safe in their own homes, and the danger is their very own parent!!!

It's crazy on the North side also (Sugarland is South of Houston). We were hit with 10" in a short amount of time. There's an elementary school in Cleveland with kids and staff stuck for the night and a high school in New Caney that has 3" of water in it. Kids and staff are in the upstairs for the night. Several roads are impassible, businesses and homes that didn't flood during hurricane harvey now have water in them. This storm is supposed to stay around till Sunday. Please pray for a break tonight so water can recede and these babies get home.

I'm glad this is all coming out now.

I think that once Maleah was at the hospital for the accident, old injuries consistent with abuse were recognized.

Yes and if they were old enough, DV may not have been a suspect because he may not have been around yet. That may be why it's only BB and CD that were accused.

My recap:
-BB and CD were each accused of a “history or pattern of child abuse and child neglect”
-BB was visiting with MD and her older brother just once a week on Saturdays during the time they were in CPS custody and CD was not visiting.
-dr. Could not confirm that her injuries were caused by abuse
-“we reached out to Maleah’s mother and her attorney and have not heard back.”

Why were they returned if that little effort was put into them while they were in custody?

Not surprised at all.
Even though it appears that DV was/is the main player, at least a couple of others have some possible neglect going on here.

If the bio father was active in Maleah's life, one would think he would have her while her mom was away at a funeral. Not doubting that he didn't care for or love the child, just that there seems to be a few things he could have done much differently as well.

Mom was away for almost 4 full days. Makes me wonder who he thought was taking care of his child. Or was he that uninvolved that he didn't even know that bio mom would be away. Or possibly he's not allowed to have her unsupervised because of the pending CPS case?

I'm guessing he isn't supposed to have the kids unsupervised. Since he didn't go to the supervised visits I don't see why he'd get unsupervised now.

DV has no history of abuse and we know Mom does. I hope that MD's body is found in time for an autopsy that can determine the time (day) of death. Mom needs to be cleared in this, or not.

Yes. Exactly. DV is looking like the safest person these kids had in their lives. Unbelievable.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:21PM
HOUSTON -- The biological father of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis wants the child's stepdad to speak to him about what happened when the girl disappeared.

On Tuesday, speaking for the first time since his daughter's disappearance over the weekend, Craig Davis told KABC's sister station ABC13 Eyewitness News that he hasn't gone public because he's unsure of how he would react while his child is still missing.

"I haven't spoken to the public because I can't talk about my daughter. I can't control my emotions. I can't predict myself. I break down and I cry," he said.

Beyond eagerly awaiting the fate of his child, Davis expressed his desire to speak with the girl's stepfather Darion Vence, who told authorities that he had been jumped on the side of the road Friday night on the way to Bush Intercontinental Airport to pick up Maleah's mom.

"I'm not putting the blame on anybody," Craig said. "I just need the questions that aren't answered to be answered. There are so many unanswered questions. It's not for the public to answer to them for me. It's not for the police to answer them for me. It's not for the news to answer them for me. It's for Darion to answer for me."
Missing girl's biological dad: 'I can't control my emotions'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member