Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
She also says that five days after the surgery, CPS came to the house but "did not find anything because we're not those kinds of people."
It can't be true that they did not find anything. CPS can't just remove children from a house based on a suspicion.
They need to complete a thorough investigation, and only if they find evidence of abuse can they make a formal accusation and take the family to court. The judge then makes a decision based on the evidence. Only if there is sufficient evidence of abuse will the children be removed from the parents.
At least that's how it works in most states.
If the children were removed for six months and then placed back with the family on a conditional, temporary period of time, then they obviously found signs of abuse or neglect.
Too bad that court date to determine placement did not come sooner. Imo
I so agree MissBetsy. It takes a well documented 'paper trail' for CPS to actually physically remove them from the home.

I bet after Maleah had CT and Xrays there may have previous healed injuries that were evidence of prior abuse. I wonder if it was the same with the older brother? Poor, poor babies.

This is a great idea, the whole story is fabricated. We don’t have many confirmed facts, it’ll look something like this:
-Saturday 5/4/19 - BB contacts the Sugar Land police to report someone missing - unclear if she reports that it was 2 children and DV missing. BB2 helps her complete missing persons reports. (Unconfirmed)
-Saturday around 3 pm car seen on camera in Sugar Land
-Saturday 5/4 - Sometime between 9:00 and 11:00 pm DV shows up at the hospital and tells his story. Reports Maleah is missing.
-Saturday around midnight: HPD notified (by the hospital?) that Maleah was missing.
-Sunday, 8:27 a.m.: An Amber Alert was issued for Maleah.
-Sunday, 6:57 a.m.: Houston police sent a press release with information about Maleah's disappearance.

PommyMommy has a great timeline with the rest of it and there is a good timeline here: Where is Maleah Davis? Timeline in the disappearance of 4-year-old Houston girl

Then there is all this that is possible but unconfirmed:
-Monday 4/29/19 - BB did laundry at her Mother’s house (BB2) and Maleah was with her. This is according to BB2, has it been verified?
-Tuesday 4/30/19 - BB reportedly flew to CT or MA - has this been confirmed? What flight/what time?
-Wednesday 5/1/19 - BB attends her Father’s funeral in CT or MA. Does anyone have obit?
-Thursday 5/2/19 - unconfirmed reports that Maleah’s aunt came to get the 2 oldest children but was told Maleah was sick.
-Friday 5/3/19 - BB flies from CT or MA to Houston/Bush International. Plane was delayed and landed around Midnight. Her Mom, BB2, picks her up at the airport.

PommyMommy, excellent work on the timeline!

ClaireNC, to add to your list:

Friday 5/3/19 Reportedly DV is supposed to pick up BB at airport, with kids? without kids? if without, where are they supposed to be? When DV doesn't show up, BB calls her mom, yet no alarm is raised about DV/kids not showing up--why? Does he have a history of not showing up and being unreachable? Why no worry that anyone's missing then? And then she stays with her mom, because she doesn't have her keys to her home. Why wouldn't he be home? Did she know he was gone somewhere? Nothing much about this whole story makes sense, so I agree about the fabrication.

I so agree MissBetsy. It takes a well documented 'paper trail' for CPS to actually physically remove them from the home.

I bet after Maleah had CT and Xrays there may have previous healed injuries that were evidence of prior abuse. I wonder if it was the same with the older brother? Poor, poor babies.

I had read an article yesterday indicating that there were previous injuries found when she was examined for the head injury. I've been looking for 2 hours for that article this morning and I can't find the darn thing.

Updated 4:07 AM ET, Wed May 8, 2019
Maleah Davis, 4, had been removed from her Texas home after physical abuse allegations. Now she's missing - CNN
[...]
Bowers said she took her daughter to West Houston Medical Center last July because she was lethargic, but nurses didn't examine her head.

Weeks later, on July 28, Maleah fell while she was sitting at the table eating by herself, Bowers said.

"When she falls, she came around that couch, she had a deep gash in her head and it freaked me out," said Bowers, who again rushed her daughter to West Houston. Doctors discharged Maleah without performing a CT scan, Bowers said.

Five days later, in early August, Maleah suffered a seizure, Bowers said, sobbing.
"They did a CT scan and that's when they told me there was bleeding on the left-hand side of her brain," she said. "At that point it was a life or death situation."

Doctors operated on Maleah, she said. A few day later, officials with Child Protective Services arrived at her home, Bowers said.

[...]

RSBBM
She is talking about something that happened at least 6 months ago in the present tense. Time is her priority. It's a quote, so while I'm bothered that she doesn't use Maleah's name, it's less important. This also places the blame for the fall on Maleah. We don't know enough about the circumstances of the fall, but the blame bothers me. She also blames nurses for not checking her head at the first hospital trip. Almost a "see it's not my fault"

MOO.

Stefania Okolie‏ @StefaniaOnABC13

STILL MISSING: Let’s keep praying for a miracle. Let’s keep sharing her face. Spreading her story. Let’s keep fighting to bring Maleah Davis home. This morning crews will attempt to continue searching wooded areas that have become muddy & swampy #Abc13 https://abc13.com/5287129/

D6C7dhUWkAEms1A.jpg

D6C7dhUWAAAxnwN.jpg

Stefania Okolie on Twitter

I guess that explains who was caring for the little boy. The kidnappers must have changed him, fed him, and kept him occupied.
I'm surprised they lasted 24 hours, when they could have just left father and son on the side of the road to begin with. Very strange.

It all makes sense now.
They cared for the kids while DV was out cold, and just drove around the general, local area. For a day.
All that random toodling around, surely they ran out of gas, and someone has footage of these men filling up and getting snacks and stuff.
Pfft.

RSBBM
She is talking about something that happened at least 6 months ago in the present tense. Time is her priority. It's a quote, so while I'm bothered that she doesn't use Maleah's name, it's less important. This also places the blame for the fall on Maleah. We don't know enough about the circumstances of the fall, but the blame bothers me. She also blames nurses for not checking her head at the first hospital trip. Almost a "see it's not my fault"

MOO.
In the live interview with her she talked about Maleah in the present tense. It was the shaking of the head though that concerned me. Is it a "no this can't be happening". MOO

Texas EquuSearch - TXEQ

MISSING: Maleah Davis – Houston, Texas (5/03/19)

UPDATE: The search scheduled for 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday – May 8th 2019 to search for Maleah Davis has been suspended until further notice. The areas we had planned to search have been flooded with the recent heavy rains, and this could restrict us from being effective in finding Maleah. Some of the areas are now filled with deep rain water, and this would greatly limit our searchers and accessibility. We will issue a call-out once we plan to resume the search for Maleah. Maleah is an innocent victim, and there is no excuse for anyone causing her disappearance. The rain may slow us, but it won’t stop, or discourage us from finding little Maleah.

Texas EquuSearch - TXEQ

MISSING: Maleah Davis – Houston, Texas (5/03/19)

UPDATE: The search scheduled for 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday – May 8th 2019 to search for Maleah Davis has been suspended until further notice. The areas we had planned to search have been flooded with the recent heavy rains, and this could restrict us from being effective in finding Maleah. Some of the areas are now filled with deep rain water, and this would greatly limit our searchers and accessibility. We will issue a call-out once we plan to resume the search for Maleah. Maleah is an innocent victim, and there is no excuse for anyone causing her disappearance. The rain may slow us, but it won’t stop, or discourage us from finding little Maleah.
Darn it. :(:(:(

Has ANYONE in this investigation - BB, DV, LE, anybody - commented at all about DV’s cell phone? I know we have speculated here but I haven’t seen it mentioned in MSM anywhere. I am sure that LE has investigated this but so far I have heard zero explanation for why BB and DV weren’t in touch after her flight landed.Is it “lost?” Dead battery? Didn’t pay his bill? What is the explanation?!

Does anybody have a link discussing this?

Has ANYONE in this investigation - BB, DV, LE, anybody - commented at all about DV’s cell phone? I know we have speculated here but I haven’t seen it mentioned in MSM anywhere. I am sure that LE has investigated this but so far I have heard zero explanation for why BB and DV weren’t in touch after her flight landed.Is it “lost?” Dead battery? Didn’t pay his bill? What is the explanation?!

Does anybody have a link discussing this?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...d05858-7044-11e9-9331-30bc5836f48e_story.html
Asked why Vence didn’t call police sooner, Houston police department spokesman Kese Smith said he couldn’t comment on whether he had a cellphone with him in the hours before he arrived at the hospital. The department is investigating “all aspects” of this case, Smith said.

<modsnip>I imagine the betrayal, how scared and alone these children must feel seconds before their candle is pinched out as I sit here helpless to comfort them. We are all here for different reasons, and not for likes or trophy points. This place will harden you and break you, harden you and break you again. I think I do it to share the burden, to relive the pain of those final moments as a way to say... you're not alone, I'm here with you... but it is all just for me as the pain of these kids going out alone this way is unbearable. I know this is a sleuthing forum and the comments should reflect only that, but I often have nothing to contribute other than to say I am here. I appreciate this forum and the dedication to these children from everyone here.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...d05858-7044-11e9-9331-30bc5836f48e_story.html
Asked why Vence didn’t call police sooner, Houston police department spokesman Kese Smith said he couldn’t comment on whether he had a cellphone with him in the hours before he arrived at the hospital. The department is investigating “all aspects” of this case, Smith said.

Thanks, I’m glad to see it addressed at least. I think LE’s refusal to discuss actually shines a spotlight on the phone as central to the investigation, and that makes me feel a little better. MOO

Thanks, I’m glad to see it addressed at least. I think LE’s refusal to discuss actually shines a spotlight on the phone as central to the investigation, and that makes me feel a little better. MOO
My thoughts exactly. The refusal to discuss at all means it's part of the active investigation...and reminds me of AJ Freund's dad...

I would guess no. A guy is watching a sick kid that isn't his and isn't eager to send her off to family? Unlikely. Not impossible, but especially given that she is currently missing, unlikely.

I wonder if this is where the report of her being sick came from, was she even sick, or was this just a part of his cover?

I've been wondering that too. Did Maleah go to daycare? I've seen its randomly mentioned on SM, but haven't seen any solid info about it. I assume the older son went to school as he's 5 (but I suppose he could be a young 5). I've only seen MSM say she was "sick that week" but no further elaboration. So, was she sick and stayed home from daycare? Or did this come from BB2 mentioning that she was sick?

Wow! That's a lot of rain. o_O

Rain hampers search efforts for 4-year-old Maleah Davis
A message on the Texas Equusearch website says the areas they planned to search today have been flooded. They message also says, "The rain may slow us, but it won’t stop, or discourage us from finding little Maleah."

On Tuesday, Texas Equusearch set up its command post in the parking lot next door to the apartments where Maleah Davis is said to have lived with her mom and stepdad when she went missing. Rain hampered search efforts. Some areas near Sugar Land received nearly a foot of rain on Tuesday evening.

Search suspended today for missing 4-year-old Houston girl due to weather
"Some of the areas are now filled with deep rain water, and this would greatly limit our searchers and accessibility," the group said.

It plans to issue a call-out for volunteers as soon as it's able to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members