GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, CW wasn't able to talk to his Mama, before the plea deal. CW was expected to be an adult and make his own decisions with his attorney advising him.

Now, he can talk to Mama, who is obviously delusional, thinking that CW could have somehow wriggled out of a finding of "Guilty". No way. Even a bench trial wouldn't have found CW "Not Guilty". LWOP was the only option, aside from the Death Penalty!

He absolutely would have been found guilty even without his plea imo. I’m glad Shannan’s family was spared a trial, but I sure wish CW and his mother had to look at autopsy photos :mad:

He absolutely would have been found guilty even without his plea imo. I’m glad Shannan’s family was spared a trial, but I sure wish CW and his mother had to look at autopsy photos :mad:
It’s my understanding CW chose not to talk to MaMa prior to his plea and sentencing. Mama was livid and assumed CW was being prevented from speaking to her but he simply didn’t want to. That’s the one and only thing I don’t blame him for.

If only the prison would take away his picture of the family he annihilated and instead have Mama Watt’s voice piped live into his cell 24 x 7. That’s the Hell he deserves. MOO

IIRC, he specifically ordered his attorneys to block any visits with his parents, or any calls, before he took the plea deal. I am pretty sure we heard that back at that time.

And I think he knew that his Mama would have tried everything to prevent him from pleading guilty.

Oh yeah. I recall that he did meet with the family for exactly half an hour, after he had agreed to the deal but before he pled guilty, and Mama Watts bitterly complained that she was given rules for that meeting and was shut down the very moment she started to question his decision and tell him he shouldn't do it or ask leading questions about why he was doing it.

They had her number (defense team) from the get go and weren't going to let her derail the agreement or harass their client.

Oh, he could have languished in jail for years, with continuances, psych evals, more attention, he is old news now.

Buddy, the only thing he "missed" was the death penalty!

Waiting to hear a similar story here for CW: found on another case.

Douglas Garland rushed to hospital after jailhouse beating: sources

By Nancy Hixt Crime Reporter Global News

Convicted triple murderer Douglas Garland was rushed to hospital in Calgary Friday night after being beaten by fellow inmates at the Calgary Remand Centre, sources confirm to Global News.

READ MORE: Douglas Garland guilty of 3 counts of first-degree murder in deaths of Nathan O’Brien and grandparents

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member