Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking DV has/had a burner phone which is why it’s not as straight forward for the police to find the phone info.

Rains are supposed to start at 2pm today again. Hopefully they stay light and not like yesterday.

Hopefully he’s feeling the squeeze and will talk soon.

I am in the area of the family’s apartments right now. Unfortunately, there are plenty of grassy fields and bayou areas very close to the apartments.
I have taken pictures of the areas surrounding the apartments. Am I allowed to post these?

Yes Linskid, you may post as long as the pics don't violate the privacy of any innocent passersby . Please just make clear in your post that they are pics you have taken, thus no link available.

Update #4

Friday, May 3, 2019

• DV was driving a silver 2011 Nissan Altima with TX paper tags 3092G9 to IAH with Maleah and her 2-year-old brother to pick up Maleah’s mother (“BB”), who was returning from her father's funeral in MA. [1] [2]
  • DV heard a popping noise and pulled over when a blue Chevrolet pickup w/crew cab, possibly 2010, pulled behind him and two Hispanic males got out. One of them said Maleah looks very nice, looks very sweet. The other male hit DV on the head and he lost consciousness. [2] The Altima was allegedly stolen. [1]
  • When DV didn’t show up at the airport, BB called her mother, (“BB2”), to come and get her, but didn’t report DV and the children missing. [2]
  • DV was in and out of consciousness, but at one point he was in the back of the suspects' truck with his son and Maleah and then there were three suspects in the vehicle. [1]
  • Maleah was last seen approx 8 p.m. per the Amber Alert. [3]
  • BB did not have her house keys and spent the night with BB2 [11]
Saturday, May 4, 2019
  • BB told ABC13 they called police Sat a.m. to file a report because they were concerned they had not heard from DV, but detective clearly stated no report was filed [2].
  • BB2 explained that on Sat, they went to the PD again when nobody was contacting them and found out they had to fill out more forms, call the missing person’s unit, etc. [11]
  • 2:54 p.m. - The Nissan Altima was seen on a traffic camera near Hwy 59 & State Hwy 6 in Sugar Land. [1] [2]
  • 6 p.m. DV woke up on the side of the SW Freeway near SH 6 in Sugar Land, about 22 miles SW of Houston - near First Colony Mall. [2] His son was with him and he wandered around for four or five hours trying to summon help. [2]
  • 10 or 11 p.m. – DV and his son arrived on foot at Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital. DV and his son were treated for minor injuries, released, and police were called around midnight. [4] [5] From the mall to the hospital (.4 miles/10 min walk): Google Maps
Sunday, May 5, 2019
  • Houston PD issued a press release at 6:57 a.m. [9]
  • Amber Alert was issued at 8:27 a.m. [9]
  • Amber Alert was updated to correct Maleah’s age; she is 4 years old
  • Houston PD press conference 12:18 p.m. [9]
  • Flyers were distributed and Oyster Creek Park at Highway 6 and I-59 was searched by volunteers [6]
  • Neighbors said investigators were at the family’s apartment on Kirkwood in Meadows Place on Sun, collecting evidence and talking to neighbors. [10]
Monday, May 6, 2019
  • Texas Equusearch (“TXEQ”) joined the search at 10:30 a.m. and requested volunteers on foot and ATV to meet at Eastex Freeway & Greens Road. [7]
  • BB was interviewed by ABC13 and said she is terrified for Maleah. [8]
  • TXEQ searched on foot and ATV near Hwy 59 & Greens Rd in NE Houston where DV said the assault/abduction took place. Tim Miller (“TM”) said, "We want to start checking every single dumpster just in case." [12] Later, crews were seen searching near First Colony Mall in Sugar Land. [14]
  • 6.p.m. Volunteers met in Sugar Land to hand out flyers. [13]
  • 6:30 p.m. BB and BB2 were interviewed by KHOU [11]
  • CPS said Maleah was returned to her home in Feb after she was removed last Aug when allegations of physical abuse were investigated. CPS maintained temporary conservatorship and visited the home at least once a month. BB said it was determined that the injury was caused by a fall. [18]
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
  • TXEQ searched near Hwy 59 and Greens Road, then suspended efforts there and moved to Bissonnet and Kirkwood, near the family’s home at 9850 S. Kirkwood. [15]
  • DV was named a person of interest in Maleah’s disappearance. Sugar Land PD (“SLPD”) said he changed his story, first saying he walked to the hospital, then saying someone dropped him off. SLPD is reviewing surveillance cam footage. [16]
  • Maleah’s biological father (“CD”) said he is searching the Brazos River for signs of the missing car. [18]
  • CD was interviewed for the first time and says he can’t control his emotions and has unanswered questions he needs DV to answer. [19]
  • SLPD said the photo of the Nissan came from their license recognition camera close to the Cheesecake Factory near First Colony Mall. [20]
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
  • TXEQ’s search was suspended due to heavy rains and flooding. [21]
[1] Amber Alert Issued For 4-Year-Old Houston Girl Reportedly Abducted By 3 Males
[2] Stepdad of missing 5-year-old says he was knocked out. When he woke up a day later, she was gone
[3] Have you seen this child? Maleah Davis
[4] Missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis had been removed from home after physical abuse allegations
[5] Intensive search underway for girl, 4, whose stepfather says she was abducted on a Texas highway
[6] Amber Alert: Volunteers search for Maleah Davis in wooded area near Bush Airport
[7] MISSING: Maleah Davis – Houston, Texas (5/03/19)
[8] MALEAH DAVIS: What we know about missing Houston 4-year-old who was possibly kidnapped
[9] Where is Maleah Davis? Timeline in the disappearance of 4-year-old Houston girl
[10] Search expands for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis [11] KHOU 11 News Houston @KHOU
[12] Missing 4-year-old girl removed last year by CPS: Officials
[13] Where is Maleah Davis? Timeline in the disappearance of 4-year-old Houston girl
[14] Search expands for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis
[15] Search resumes today for Maleah Davis, who was recently removed from home by CPS
[16] Houston police say stepfather is a person of interest in Maleah Davis' disappearance
[17] Missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis had been removed from her Texas home after abuse claims
[18] New search locations after conflicting stories from Maleah Davis' stepfather
[19] Missing girl's biological dad: 'I can't control my emotions'
[20] Stepfather now person of interest in case of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis, police say
[21] Texas EquuSearch - TXEQ

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=3423726&add=1#

Last edited:
I want to hear what nana has to say about all of this.
Definitely. I wonder if she is the relative the kids were living with once CPS removed them.

On another note, other than the usual thing about moms choosing boyfriends more carefully, I don't really see how the younger BB could be directly involved with this situation. I assume the police have verified that she was at her father's funeral last week and when she got back. I don't really see the elder BB lying for her about this.

From the stories I've seen, Sugarland is basically underwater. Like they got some of the worst rain. I think it's finally moved out...we here in East Texas are up to get hail and possible tornadoes today. Spring in Texas y'all!

This sweet girl was failed by everyone in her life. My heart breaks for her that she never really had a chance.

Reunification is always the goal in CPS cases. My 2 kids are adopted from the state after bio parents relinquished their rights...but most cases don't go like that. Bio parents have many chances again and again before parental rights get termed. I don't agree with it, at all, but thats a story for another thread.
Slightly O/T: We (meaning someone who knows how to do so) should start a thread for brainstorming reform ideas for CPS. You know, so we put the CHILD PROTECTION back in Child Protective Services? It would be interesting to see what we could come up with to reform the system.

We 've heard the fabricated story so often, that it's distracting us from the known facts. It might be helpful to review the timeline using only verified information, beginning when Mom and Maleah were at Nana's house getting ready for the flight, to the time when Nana went to the police station to file a missing person's report.

Sticking to the facts alone, what transpired during the period when Maleah disappeared?

Good idea. I'd missed the fact that Nanna BB filed the report (or forgotten).

Just want to put this out there. In addition to the sadness and anger about the poor little victims in these cases, I get really pissed at the waste of resources caused by the nonsensical stories. LE, SAR, volunteers, etc. really put their souls into the searches and put their own lives in danger looking in places that are based on the lies.

Just want to put this out there. In addition to the sadness and anger about the poor little victims in these cases, I get really pissed at the waste of resources caused by the nonsensical stories. LE, SAR, volunteers, etc. really put their souls into the searches and put their own lives in danger looking in places that are based on the lies.
Amen! There are other cases that need these resources. What a waste....

Last edited by a moderator:
VIDEO: Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Happening Now: Mother of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis is visibly emotional as she begins another day handing out flyers and searching for her daughter. Brittany Bowens (in red) is searching near the home she has shared with Maleah and her fiancé Darion Vence.
11:23 AM - 8 May 2019

VIDEO: Jason Miles on Twitter
.. Missing 4 year-old #MaleahDavis’s mother (red shirt) is among those in Kirkwood/Bissonett area this morning. Volunteers have printed 100s of flyers to pass out. Mom Brittany Bowens isn’t speaking, at this point. @KHOU #khou11 #htownrush
11:19 AM - 8 May 2019

Miya Shay on Twitter
My question about little #MaleahDavis, still missing: was CPS or her court appointed guardian that signed off on the little girl being returned to her immediate family? Did they do a thorough assessment or was she just a number in the system?
11:39 AM - 8 May 2019

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
Amber Alert Update: Family and friends of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis continue to place flyers throughout southwest Houston this morning.
D6Dw3XRWsAAnhcm.jpg
D6Dw3XSWAAEzLv4.jpg

11:39 AM - 8 May 2019

Miya Shay on Twitter
Missing #MaleahDavis had already been removed by CPS. Yet, the judge, her guardian, and/or CPS thought she was fine to go back home. Were adults paying attention? Or was she just a number? #txlege
11:45 AM - 8 May 2019

Last edited:
I am curious how long BB and DV have been together? Just out of curiosity.
Per Heavy article posted yesterday, a few years. I will look for the link.

ETA: See link in post below
Derion Vence: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
  1. His name was spelled Darion on SM, but is actually spelled Derion
  2. Derion also goes by the name Slim Vence
  3. Derion has no criminal record
  4. Derion and BB are the parents of the toddler child who was with DV and Maleah on Friday night
  5. Derion and BB have been together for several years and live together
  6. Derion works in the music industry
  7. His Linkedin profiles shows he has worked at a Houston hotel
  8. Derion is originally from St. Louis MO
  9. He has a company called Superhouse Entertainment LLC according to his FB page (now deleted)
  10. BB says DV is now staying with his brother

"When she falls, she came around that couch, she had a deep gash in her head and it freaked me out," said Bowers, who again rushed her daughter to West Houston. Doctors discharged Maleah without performing a CT scan, Bowers said.

"She falls" is not to say she fell.

This is passive language. People don't just "fall". What caused her to fall?

Passivity is used to conceal responsibility and or identity.

If she doesn't tell us how, i will not fill in the gaps.

Maleah Davis missing: Her mother denies the girl was abused, and describes her head injury - CNN

Wonder if any medical personnel questioned Maleah without anyone else present ?
She was old enough to explain what had happened.

So sad that she is still missing !
Where are you, Maleah ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members