Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could explain the injury on his forehead. I've heard hitting water in a car is no different than hitting a wall..... Wonder if the steering wheel has a pattern that's embedded in his face now.
Water seems like it would be the easiest method to completely get rid of the car. However, I feel like this would be hard to do with a toddler with you?

I'm sorry but I don't agree with what you're saying. She is not placing the blame on anyone, she was simply telling how her daughter fell, how is that placing the blame on the child? She literally just said that she was sitting on the kitchen table eating and fell. I also can simpatize with her being very frustrated with the medical care that her child got. I'm pretty sure most parents would be somewhat frustrated and disappointed in that situation, no?
It doesn't really matter how many times you say "don't jump on the bed", "don't climb on the table", "stop running like that" because kids just don't see the dangers that adults see. Best believe that you turn your back for 2 seconds and the kids are doing the very same thing you just told them not to do 2 seconds ago... Is that anyone's fault, really?
How can CPS prove if her "previous signs of abuse" were inflicted by her parents? She has a older sibling and a younger sibling, kids fight, push each other, kids get hurt they themselves also. What exactly were her "signs of abuse"? And if the case was against Maleah's mother and father why did they remove the youngest child as well? Not everything is black and white. There was an investigation, were the allegations proved? The thing that is very telling to me is that the mother went to visit her children and the father didn't... She does care about those kids.
Your post makes a lot of sense. It is very difficult to determine whether wounds are normal injuries from just being a kid or whether they are a result of abuse.
I worked at a (Special ed) school that had very strict rules for documenting injuries.
We had to report any scratch or bruise to the nurse, who then examined the injury and documented it with a description of the injury and the time and date it was noticed.
Many kids had more injuries than others but very rarely was it determined to be inflicted by a parent.
The most common injuries that point towards abuse are burns, multiple bruises that are in different stages of healing that are observed consistently over a long period of time, and fractures or broken bones that have healed, but can only be seen in x-rays.
We really don't know the specifics of the injuries or what the hospital may have found to make them suspect abuse. Old injuries are very common, unless they saw something on an x-ray that indicated a fracture that healed or was healing on its own.
I think it's really a hard call for CPS to make. Sometimes they suspect abuse and turn out to be wrong, and other times they miss signs of abuse altogether. Jmo

WARNING: GRAPHIC PIC AT LINK

Picture of an airbag injury.. A Big Bag of Hot Air

derion-vence.jpg
Could this wound be from the airbag? Just a theory

Last edited by a moderator:
I took these pictures this morning. I’m not sure if they will be helpful, but I wanted to check out the area for myself. All of these pictures were taken from my car.

Pictures of apartment complex:

Attachments

• 99137397-2A9A-4089-88C1-E21F2797C2EA.jpeg
    99137397-2A9A-4089-88C1-E21F2797C2EA.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 90C69E12-5EA7-4E33-8F13-0551A519F4C0.jpeg
    90C69E12-5EA7-4E33-8F13-0551A519F4C0.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Why are they calling him the "step-father"? He is a boyfriend (fiance). Anyway, has it been said how long this guy was at Highway 6 when he woke up with his 1yr old son? I can't believe the 1yr old didn't wander off or get hurt. ( FYI, I'm not buying any of this IMO)
Some women, like my man,s ex for example, use the term very loosely. But that’s not a discussion for here

I don't think it's from an airbag. It looks like he gave himself two whacks on the forehead. It looks like there is a indentation between the two. And why no bruising?

Two grown men attacking you and don't fight back to save your son and girlfriends daughter? And they give you those two small injuries on your forehead? No I don't think so.

I took these pictures this morning. I’m not sure if they will be helpful, but I wanted to check out the area for myself. All of these pictures were taken from my car.

Area with tall grass directly next to the apartment complex. Apartments are on right side of picture:

Attachments

• 4BEBAB97-5F7A-4829-910E-695A82324582.jpeg
    4BEBAB97-5F7A-4829-910E-695A82324582.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 87

Several bayous such as the one in this picture are very close to the apartments. They did not appear deep enough to conceal a car but definitely deep enough to conceal a precious 4-year-old child.

Several large grassy areas for powerlines are also very close to the apartments.

Attachments

• 52977D84-9D2B-4B97-BE2D-3BDA609078F5.jpeg
    52977D84-9D2B-4B97-BE2D-3BDA609078F5.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 1E73EC47-01BB-4E53-89E9-D8E4AD83F060.jpeg
    1E73EC47-01BB-4E53-89E9-D8E4AD83F060.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 80
Water seems like it would be the easiest method to completely get rid of the car. However, I feel like this would be hard to do with a toddler with you?

Possibly left toddler at home napping? In a playpen? I mean, if one has done what we suspect one has been done, leaving a toddler in a playpen for a couple three hours would not be unheard of. Google "left toddler alone " and it's staggering.

WARNING: GRAPHIC PIC AT LINK

Picture of an airbag injury.. A Big Bag of Hot Air

derion-vence.jpg
Could this wound be from the airbag? Just a theory

It's possible but he'd have some of the powder on him unless he went home and took a shower and changed clothing. That looks like a hospital paper gown he has on there so... maybe? Might have also hit his head on the steering wheel.

DavidEwasukCTV on Twitter

Attachments

• steering wheel.jpg
    steering wheel.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly left toddler at home napping? In a playpen? I mean, if one has done what we suspect has been done, leaving a toddler in a playpen for a couple three hours would not be unheard of

Or strapped in a car seat set aside in a field while he did what he needed to do. I'm just speculating here. The possibilities here are endless and having a toddler with him would not have deterred him. We've seen them go to longer lengths to try to get away with things. There is so much time unaccounted for if you don't believe his story that he was on the side of a road knocked out and we can only speculate at this point.

***Speaking of which... I'm wondering if he mentioned if the baby was in a car seat while they were allegedly on the side of the road and he was unconsciousness. That could explain why baby didn't wonder off. SURELY someone would have seen it though.***

True, it can happen. When I was a kid I was standing on a chair during my birthday party to blow out candles and I fell and hit my face on the edge of the table. Busted my eyebrow open and needed stitches. The difference is though if CPS came in they wouldn't have taken me out of the house as it was a loving home where I was more than provided for and taken care of. The fact that CPS got involved and had reason to take the child out of the house tells me a lot of what I need to know.

My neighbor's son had a horrible fall when he was around 2 or 3 (he is 13 now). CPS immediately started an investigation as soon as the Children's Hospital he was taken to notified them of a significant fall injury. I was not their neighbor until her son was around 5, so I am just going off her telling me what happened. I was STUNNED but understanding after she told me what they all went through after he fell. I do not remember the details but they had to have home studies and more. It was pretty intensive. In the end, there was no finding of any evidence of abuse and/or neglect. She is an amazing mom. She now is fostering her baby niece. The system felt safe enough to trust her with that.

Pictures of apartment complex:

Thanks for being our boots on the ground.

Did you notice surveillance cameras on the apartment grounds?

I'm hoping such surveillance might answer the last time MD was seen leaving and/or returning to the apartment.

These last pictures are of a very concerning area within easy walking distance from the apartments. I could see from the road that it is a very large open natural space, and you can see from my aerial map how large it is. I don’t know what this space is. Possibly a reservoir? I have marked the apartments and this area that I am referring to.

Attachments

• 354B3FDA-A71A-4DCA-88D1-335C1E699039.jpeg
    354B3FDA-A71A-4DCA-88D1-335C1E699039.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 67
  • 03817A0E-1B34-459C-AFD8-AEA43CA36DAA.jpeg
    03817A0E-1B34-459C-AFD8-AEA43CA36DAA.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 64
  • B9515F3B-4BBE-4127-A8CB-553977D93C4F.jpeg
    B9515F3B-4BBE-4127-A8CB-553977D93C4F.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 15CCF8BD-E80A-49CA-A8D0-D83CF66C00F9.jpeg
    15CCF8BD-E80A-49CA-A8D0-D83CF66C00F9.jpeg