GUILTY CO - 1 dead, 8 injured, shots fired at STEM School in Highlands Ranch, 7 May 2019

Josh Dutton, 18, told The Associated Press that he was close friends with Devon Erickson in middle school but hadn't seen him for four years as he went to a different high school. On Sunday, he spotted Erickson at a local light rail station and said he was shocked at how much his friend had changed.

Erickson wore all black, a hat and sunglasses, was significantly skinnier and didn't seem interested in talking. "He said he'd just turned 18 and he owned rifles," Dutton said.

Students kill classmate, injure 8 at school near Columbine

Erickson himself posted one senior picture on his social media, and commented that he WAS graduating, even though he didn't go to STEM anymore.

However, on Instagram, Devon wrote in 2018, “I’m only posting one of my senior pictures so people don’t think I dropped out since I don’t take classes at stem anymore.” On Facebook, under education, he wrote, “OM NOM NOM. Banana, Congo. The Gallifreyan Academy for Timelords.” Under “work,” he wrote, “Nothing Doer.”

Devon Erickson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

A parent told Denver7 that his son told him a shooter walked into a classroom with a gun. He said a shooter removed a gun from a guitar case (authorities have not confirmed that detail.)

STEM School Shooting in Colorado: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

Fox31 reported that “nine days ago, someone added chilling notations to the Wikipedia page of the STEM School Highlands Ranch.” It’s not clear whether it was related to the shooting. However, the comments were added next to an article on the page that read, “Anti suicide programs are implemented to help lower chances of suicide and school shootings.” On April 29, this was added to the page: “Do they work? We shall see.”

Devon Erickson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Again in the age of 'run, hide, fight,' student heroes thwart a school shooter - CNN

The youngsters did exactly what they were supposed to do, according to experts. Where people were once advised to flee or shelter in place, the new mantra for surviving an active shooter situation is "run, hide, fight."

The guidance, sometimes referred to as Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events, began to emerge in 2002 upon the realization that the law enforcement response at Columbine High School, which happened 20 years ago about 7 miles away from Tuesday's shooting, was ineffective.
The shooters at Columbine -- just like Virginia Tech, Fort Hood, Sandy Hook and far too many others -- weren't common criminals, experts realized. They weren't after wallets or purses. They wanted body counts, blood and headlines.
CRASE trainers devised a strategy called "avoid, deny, defend," but the premise is the same as "run, hide, fight." If you can't protect yourself, take out the gunman.
"Avoid" means not only to run but to be vigilant. Know where the exits are and visualize how to get out of a room before something goes away. "Deny" includes hiding, but it also means taking other precautions, such as barricading doors, turning off lights and silencing phones. If hiding is the only option, do it behind something that will stop a bullet.
And when "avoid" and "deny" fail, there's "defend," which means fight -- and not fairly. Do whatever it takes to stop the shooter.

I think it's fair to say everyone gets bullied in school at one time or another, kids are cruel, but it's not an excuse to shoot up an entire school.

Ya'll might chew me up for this, but I think we should allow our kids to fight back instead of "walking away" and "using their words". Some good old fashion butt whooping's after school would put a stop to some of the bullies.

And the ones being bullied could take out some anger in the form of "showing the hands" instead of a steady build up of anger and hatred that causes (not sure if that is the word I'm looking for) the mentality of these mass shooters. MOO JMO

Colorado STEM school shooting: What we know about the suspects, victims and heroes

The female suspect is a "small young person," who investigators thought was a juvenile male "by appearance," the sheriff said.

"The identity wasn’t obvious to us when they were taken into custody," he said Wednesday.

The girl and Erickson knew each other and would sometimes carpool to school together, Spurlock told NBC News.

Erickson was due in court Wednesday afternoon. Spurlock said both Erickson and the female suspect had cooperated with police.

Colorado school shooting: Student says suspect would "hint" about committing act

Student Michael Schwartz said Erickson did in the past talk about causing a lot of harm and sadness.

"I always thought he was just messing around and stuff, but sometimes he did hint at it here and there," Schwartz said.

Colorado shooting at STEM school Highlands Ranch: Student says suspect Devon Erickson talked about committing this kind of act - CBS News

Again, it seems lots of people knew DE had worrisome behaviors (screen name devonkillz for years, as an example). What EXACTLY was done to monitor this kid and try to treat him?

I am so sick of hearing that "oh yes, this kid had so many warning signs" AFTER a troubled kid shoots up a school. Nikolas Cruz was the most egregious of those examples-- literally a decade or more of highly antisocial behavior that was excused, forgiven, denied, coddled.

And while we're at it, how exactly did the "hint" that was added as a revision on the STEM Highlands webpage not trigger any kind of alert? How and why was this missed?

Ominous note on STEM Wikipedia page a possible warning of school shooting

What we know about STEM School Highlands Ranch

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/stem-school-shooting-wikipedia/

STEM School Highlands Ranch: Ominous note on Wikipedia

I also think we will discover that the transitioning teen is Hispanic.

The likelihood is this juvenile is probably 17, and a senior, or maybe a junior. I'm leaning toward 17 about to turn 18, and a senior. IMO, this juvenile will be charged and certified as an adult.

But that will take a few weeks I suppose, with lots of pushback from defense attorney/s.

What are you talking about? Where are you getting the story has disappeared? It seems you have some kind of agenda here?

Colorado school shooting: 'Mommy, there's a gun ... shot at my school' near Columbine - CNN
They're talking about the story on CNN right now as I write.

1 student dead, 8 injured in Colorado school shooting, authorities say

Colorado shooting at STEM school Highlands Ranch: Student says suspect Devon Erickson talked about committing this kind of act - CBS News

Colorado STEM school shooting: What we know about the suspects, victims and heroes

This has to be a new record for the corporate/ mainstream media. In less than 24 hours from a major school shooting, the story has been “disappeared” from EVERY corporate/ mainstream media online platform.

Yes, one can still search for info on the situation, but it has been thoroughly erased already as a top story.

And we all know exactly WHY that is, even though we are not supposed to think or speak about it.

The perpetrators in this heinous shooting don’t fit the preferred socio/ political profile for being villainized. Like Snochia Moseley (remember her-- the transgender Rite Aid rampage shooter), and Jen and Sarah Hart (gay white women who adopted, abused, and killed 6 black children), we cannot *openly* discuss the personal situations and motive of the STEM Highland shooters, because they self identify as “protected” victims because of their sexual identity. And their expressed political views on social media don't fit the category that media prefers to vilify.

The more charitable news agencies would rationalize that we cannot give oxygen and notoriety to the shooters (or the story) for fear of motivating copycat crimes. So they rationalize that it’s best minimized and suppressed, out of “respect” for the victims, and "safety" from copycats.

But really what they are really doing is “respecting” the perpetrators, IMO, because in giving them “privacy” they are disrespecting the truth of exactly who the perpetrators are, and the truth of the actual dead, bleeding, hospitalized victims. In being “charitable” toward the privacy of the perpetrators, media gets to insinuate the perpetrators as victims who “snapped” because they were “bullied” over their sexual identity. And now the bleeding victims are painted as the perpetrators.

In this case, the 2 perpetrators are both students (the most common school shooters), and both are unhurt and still alive. So they get lots and lots of “privacy” from the media.

Who are the victims? Who are the perpetrators? It seems the best course of action for the media is to suppress and muddy that picture as much as possible, unless the preferred perpetrator is wearing a red hat and can be politically vilified and shredded wall to wall on the 24 hour news cycle.

We can’t really have the truth either way. Heads I win, tails you lose. So the story disappears. But the truth doesn’t. This school shooting will be completely forgotten in mere days, except for the people affected in Colorado.

And the media becomes less and less trustworthy every minute. There is no truth in journalism any more-- only spin, if there is any reporting at all.

So this happened because, you think, because this boy was transitioning female to male? If that's the case, he identified as male, so I will refer to him as male. So if testosterone was the cause, should we medicate all high school boys to decrease their testosterone?

Exogenously administered testosterone is well documented to enhance and promote aggressive and antisocial behavior, in addition to stimulating masculine physical changes.

The "juvenile" teen who was initially identified as a male, is now revealed to be a female "transitioning" to male presentation.

Anyone with half a brain should honestly question whether or not this girl had begun taking testosterone.

K-Z is pointing out that this is no longer a top story on some sites. It is still a big story just not a top story. The royal baby is one story that has taken its place as top story on some sites.

Some sites cycle through the top stories so that there may be a different top story depending on how often you go to that site.

Last edited:
This has to be a new record for the corporate/ mainstream media. In less than 24 hours from a major school shooting, the story has been “disappeared” from EVERY corporate/ mainstream media online platform.
It's at the top of every news location I visit, including my local news which is nowhere near that school. Also all the major mainstream outlets.

OP stated story had disappeared from msm in less than 24 hours. That's false. You are restating what they said incorrectly.
I addressed what OP said. I've had CNN on this morning and this story has been referenced far more than the baby story.

K-Z is pointing out that this is no longer a top story on many sites. It is still a big story just not a top story. The royal baby is one story that has taken its place as top story on some sites.

So this happened because, you think, because this boy was transitioning female to male? If that's the case, he identified as male, so I will refer to him as male. So if testosterone was the cause, should we medicate all high school boys to decrease their testosterone?

She was involved in murdering kids in school. Respecting her choice of what sex she identifies as is the last thing i’m worried about.

I hope she gets life.

Your first link is CBS, a msm site. The story is from 7:00am this morning. You disproved your original contention.

Again, it seems lots of people knew DE had worrisome behaviors (screen name devonkillz for years, as an example). What EXACTLY was done to monitor this kid and try to treat him?

I am so sick of hearing that "oh yes, this kid had so many warning signs" AFTER a troubled kid shoots up a school. Nikolas Cruz was the most egregious of those examples-- literally a decade or more of highly antisocial behavior that was excused, forgiven, denied, coddled.

And while we're at it, how exactly did the "hint" that was added as a revision on the STEM Highlands webpage not trigger any kind of alert? How and why was this missed?

Ominous note on STEM Wikipedia page a possible warning of school shooting

What we know about STEM School Highlands Ranch

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/stem-school-shooting-wikipedia/

STEM School Highlands Ranch: Ominous note on Wikipedia

OP stated story had disappeared from msm in less than 24 hours. That's false. You are restating what they said incorrectly.
I addressed what OP said. I've had CNN on this morning and this story has been referenced far more than the baby story.

Really only referring to this one statement by OP:

Yes, one can still search for info on the situation, but it has been thoroughly erased already as a top story.

It is not the top story on some sites. It could be cycling as a top story on some sites and remain top story on other sites.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back