Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what state the child was in while at the hospital. I would think he would show signs of trauma, or at least some type of behavior that would indicate he had just been through a horrible 24 hour ordeal. (Or had not) I wonder what the hospital staff observed and what they had to say to LE.
If he truly was “kidnapped” for 28 hours, I’d expect a raging diaper rash, tears and swollen eyes from crying, dehydration, possible vomit/snot on clothing from crying for so long, possible bruises from being unrestrained in the back of a moving pickup. I’d think he’d get iv fluids and bloodwork in the ED. From bloodwork and sugar levels, they could tell if he’d really not eaten in more than a day. Because of his age, he might have been kept overnight, but I haven’t heard anything about his condition or treatment at the hospital. I wonder when and with who the 2YO left the hospital?

Going to guess that the toddler brother had a basic 'wellness' chekup at the hospital and that he was fine.
Have LE spoken to DV's relatives at all ?
They might know something.

If she is permanently gone.... DV --or someone -- has had a long head start in concealing her. :(
MOO

maleah%20in%20hospital_1557097015724.jpg_7220979_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

AMBER ALERT: 4-year-old abducted in southwest Houston. Have you seen Maleah?

Going to guess that the toddler brother had a basic 'wellness' chekup at the hospital and that he was fine.

If she is permanently gone.... DV --or someone -- has had a long head start in concealing her. :(
MOO

I'm sure the police are working on finding out who helped him or already know. I'm sure they're putting as much pressure as they legally can on this person. DV must have driven her somewhere, ditched the car, and got a ride to the hospital. Did he leave his son with someone while he did whatever he did? Is that the person who gave him a ride? Or did they follow him to wherever he ditched the car?

According to police, Darion Vence showed up at Sugar Land Methodist Hospital on Saturday night, where an off-duty officer noticed fresh wounds on him.

They need to walk the possible routes between mall and hospital to look for concrete buildings, and utility poles (but my guess is concrete because of the scrapes involved) that have blood smears on them at head level. I am guessing they will locate it within two blocks of hospital. JMP

MOO
I agree. He honestly would have had enough time to easily drive to San Antonio or Dallas to hide her and drive back with no problem.

Thank you, that photo is new to me. Also, this one which is captioned, "Maleah Davis pictured with her biological father."
maleah%20and%20craig%202_1557096909411.jpg_7220978_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
I have been snooping on social media and he seems like a good father. Maybe a little childish, but a loving father for sure. Which confuses me because he was at the hospital with Maleah a bunch, but then doesn't go see her and his son when they are taken away by CPS? And then I felt bad for judging him and saying that he not seeing them was very telling, maybe he just couldn't see them. Both parents seem... normal, not abusive, loving and caring. I am sooooooo confused.

So the car was spotted on surveillance video at Sugar Land at 2:54 p.m. by the the Cheesecake Factory near First Colony Mall, which is approx an 8 minute walk to the hospital that DV eventually showed up at around 10pm later that night?

ya don't say . . .

I don't suppose there are any enclosed parking garages between the two?
I drove through that intersection today. The hospital and the First Colony Mall with the Cheesecake Factory literally back up to each other. They are so close!
There are parking garages around, but I figured they would check all of the cameras for the parking garages. So, I tried to look for the Altima in the more obscure areas.

According to police, Darion Vence showed up at Sugar Land Methodist Hospital on Saturday night, where an off-duty officer noticed fresh wounds on him.

They need to walk the possible routes between mall and hospital to look for concrete buildings, and utility poles (but my guess is concrete because of the scrapes involved) that have blood smears on them at head level. I am guessing they will locate it within two blocks of hospital. JMP
Oh! you are so spot on with this,I hope LE is as smart.

Last edited:
If he truly was “kidnapped” for 28 hours, I’d expect a raging diaper rash, tears and swollen eyes from crying, dehydration, possible vomit/snot on clothing from crying for so long, possible bruises from being unrestrained in the back of a moving pickup. I’d think he’d get iv fluids and bloodwork in the ED. From bloodwork and sugar levels, they could tell if he’d really not eaten in more than a day. Because of his age, he might have been kept overnight, but I haven’t heard anything about his condition or treatment at the hospital. I wonder when and with who the 2YO left the hospital?
Exactly what I was thinking!!!

I also think that if the stepdad had a head injury that caused loss of consciousness and possibly confusion, he too would have been kept overnight for observation. IMO.

I drove through that intersection today. The hospital and the First Colony Mall with the Cheesecake Factory literally back up to each other. They are so close!
There are parking garages around, but I figured they would check all of the cameras for the parking garages. So, I tried to look for the Altima in the more obscure areas.

I keep hearing the car will be difficult to find due to paper plates.

Boy, wouldn’t we love to see a video of him banging his head against a concrete pole!

Last edited:
Exactly what I was thinking!!!

I also think that if the stepdad had a head injury that caused loss of consciousness and possibly confusion, he too would have been kept overnight for observation. IMO.

Well........he was confused, he couldn’t remember which story to tell.
Wonder if they wanted to admit him for observation but he declined?
Tick......tock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member