GUILTY CO - 1 dead, 8 injured, shots fired at STEM School in Highlands Ranch, 7 May 2019

Are you saying that other school shootings were the top story on all sites at this point after the shooting?

Really only referring to this one statement by OP:

Yes, one can still search for info on the situation, but it has been thoroughly erased already as a top story.

It is not the top story on some sites. It could be cycling as a top story on some sites and remain top story on other sites.

Are you saying that other school shootings were the top story on all sites at this point after the shooting?

Not sure where that question is coming from?

No, only referring to one statement that someone made about this story.

Last edited:
The sources said Wednesday that they believe the parents of Devon Erickson, the 18-year-old suspect, bought the weapons legally. Denver7 cannot say whether the parents had the guns secured inside the home.

People under age 21 are not allowed to buy handguns in Colorado.

Sources: STEM School shooting guns stolen from parents

Investigators believe STEM School shooting suspects stole guns from one of their parents, sources say

Investigators believe STEM School shooting suspects stole guns from one of their parents, sources say – The Denver Post

Sources told Denver7 Tuesday that the motive of the alleged shooters went beyond bullying and involved revenge and anger towards others at the school and that at least one of the suspects was involved in legal and illegal drug use and had been in therapy. But Spurlock said Wednesday the incident was “too new” to establish a motive.

Sources: STEM School shooting guns stolen from parents

And another parent Steve Holley tweeted that he had been here before.
"This is the third time I've had to pick up my boys from school due to a lockdown," he wrote.

This is believed to be the 115th mass shooting in the US in 2019.

Teenager killed in US school shooting

What do you think the headspace of these student shooters is? Are they starting to think it is 'okay' to do? Does anyone know what the punishments have been for previous student shooters?

My opinion may be unpopular and this is in no way an attempt to argue politics, but what I see is a whole lot of blame going to everyone BUT the shooters...everyone is so busy fighting gun rights, parental responsibility, potential bullies responsibility, government responsibility, school responsibility but very very rarely shooter responsibility. Not to say that all or some of those factors don't play in but there is very little if any accountability on the part of the person who actually pulled the trigger.

Yep. Laurie Dann was the shooter. 30 years later and I still remember her name. Happened in Winnetka IL in 1988. It’s a very upscale “North Shore” Chicago suburb. Virtually zero crime rate. She wasn’t a student — rather an adult that wandered into a 2nd grade class (IIRC) and just started shooting. I grew up near there (in a not-so-ritzy suburb) and everyone was absolutely stunned.

Laurie Dann: Timeline of 1988 fires, Winnetka school shooting, standoff

Thank you. This may be the same case I was thinking of , but from what I remember about the other lone female mass shooter she was a teen, and not a student at the school that was targeted.

Iirc she had a rifle, and was shooting from across the street from the school, shooting children who were outside on the playground.

I may have the particulars mistaken though, but I thought that mass shooting happened in the 70s.

Thanks again for the link. I will read it when I have more time.

Jmo

This father was described as a bully. He might be the only parent who has gone to jail after one of these tragic events.

Jaylen Fryberg: From homecoming prince to school killer - CNN

Father of Marysville shooter sentenced to 2 years for illegal gun possession

Raymond Lee Fryberg Jr. was sentenced to two years in prison Monday for illegally purchasing and possessing six guns, including a pistol his son used to kill four classmates, wound a fifth and then kill himself at Marysville-Pilchuck High School in 2014.

Fryberg, 42, remained defiant in his belief that he did not know he was breaking the law, although U.S. District Judge James Robart said he didn’t believe it, and a jury had convicted him of six felonies.

But Fryberg also publicly apologized for the first time for the actions of his eldest son, 15-year-old Jaylen, and acknowledged the killings had broken him and divided the Tulalip Tribes, where prosecutors said many members — including some of Fryberg’s own kin — consider him an arrogant, violent bully.

Depressing to see photos of somewhat happy HS teens that don't look violent resort to school shootings. Our system is broken.

Ya'll might chew me up for this, but I think we should allow our kids to fight back instead of "walking away" and "using their words". Some good old fashion butt whooping's after school would put a stop to some of the bullies.

And the ones being bullied could take out some anger in the form of "showing the hands" instead of a steady build up of anger and hatred that causes (not sure if that is the word I'm looking for) the mentality of these mass shooters. MOO JMO

Well, it might help. There's gotta be a healthier way to deal with the inner rage teens are experiencing. I'm open to all kinds of solutions.

She was involved in murdering kids in school. Respecting her choice of what sex she identifies as is the last thing i’m worried about.

I hope she gets life.

I have no sympathy for these shooters and what they did was awful, but this is a terrible thing to say. By disrespecting one trans persons pronouns and identity, you do the same of ALL trans people, because you imply that someone else's pronouns are something dictated by you depending on whether or not you like that person. I don't like Caitlyn Jenner, but I respect her pronouns. The shooter is a terrible person, but don't bring down all trans people because of him.

I think this probably isn't staying in the news as much as one might expect because, thankfully, only one student has died. The media likes big stories with lots of tragedy. In the US, one person being murdered with a gun and several others being injured isn't huge news. RIP to the brave student who was killed trying to take down a gunman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back