CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was interesting to me (and I think it was in court yesterday) was when the attorneys were discussing McGee possibly coming back & when, Maline basically told the Judge that it didn't really matter what McGee's doctor said & that it was up to McGee on whether he felt well enough to be there. So, I again get the feeling that the defense is trying to drag this out as long as possible. I think McGee's doctor has already told him he could return to work.

Or could be that McGee may attend the court against the doctor's advice.

If there's a mistrial it's more likely than not that Chase will be given the option of bonding out of jail. He could then delay the next trial for several more years.
And what exactly would he do in the interim as far as making a living? He has no means with which to support or financially provide for the children or CJ. More crimes will be forthcoming if he is released IMO.

If there's a mistrial it's more likely than not that Chase will be given the option of bonding out of jail. He could then delay the next trial for several more years.

They aren't going to let someone accused of murdering a family, including two babies out on bail. And if they did, the amount would be far beyond his reach.

And what exactly would he do in the interim as far as making a living? He has no means with which to support or financially provide for the children or CJ. More crimes will be forthcoming if he is released IMO.
I'd advise him to start a go-fund-me account. He could tell people he's a victim of the justice system and seek their good will, he seems to have many supporters out there. I also think he's now eligible for SS retirement benefits.

Bonding out on a death penalty case?
Depending upon the reason for the mistrial. A deadlocked jury I'd say he'd get the option for bail but like the comment above suggests the amount may be out of his reach unless some wealthy supporter steps forward.

I would also suggest that IF he is granted a mistrial and he may be old enough to garner Social Security that’s a moot point assuming CA residents would need to be in good with the IRS and the state for being in arrears with both the Federal and State

Sorry, but I don't know the point of your question "What does this prove?" I don't think the defense putting on a witness that says Dan can't be found because he's disappeared implying that he's fled town fares well for the state's case. If you think otherwise please, explain.

How does it hurt the state's case?

I doubt the jury will be surprised about that.

If I was being accused, in a court of law, by a team of attorneys, of being a brutal quadruple murderer, would I want to be dragged into the court and questioned by those accusers, who were trying to free their client. NO, I would not.

I would be laying low in a distant relatives's guest house, for sure.

I think the jury understands that. JMO

Exactly. Plus, anyone in that predicament, would be forced to incur the expense of their own attorney, to advise them, right? Just another reason NOT to want to get involved.

I would also suggest that IF he is granted a mistrial and he may be old enough to garner Social Security that’s a moot point assuming CA residents would need to be in good with the IRS and the state for being in arrears with both the Federal and State
In such cases the IRS is allowed to withhold no more then 15%.

I'd advise him to start a go-fund-me account. He could tell people he's a victim of the justice system and seek their good will, he seems to have many supporters out there. I also think he's now eligible for SS retirement benefits.
He
Please show me the many supporters he has and see my later reply. Even if not convicted, he has nothing going good with regards to his family or himself.
Time will tell regardless;CM is about to get what he deserves either way. IMO

How does it hurt the state's case?
I thought I explained that. Don't you think a juror may wonder why has Dan fled town? Could it be that he did do the things the defense is accusing of? If not why wouldn't he show up in tell us he didn't do it and where he was? Do you not agree with this analogy?

In such cases the IRS is allowed to withhold no more then 15%.
Fifteen per cent of nothing still equates to nothing. Perhaps this is why his prior bank accounts were closed out. There is no way around the IRS; they will shut it down regardless and I would like to see some proof of why his checking accounts were closed. I’m certain it wasn’t because his alternative accounting didn’t meet their standards. Imo

I thought I explained that. Don't you think a juror may wonder why has Dan fled town? Could it be that he did do the things the defense is accusing of? If not why wouldn't he show up in tell us he didn't do it and where he was? Do you not agree with this analogy?
DK is likely surfing between the mainlaind and Hawaii on a random course. I would hide too. He could be giving surf lessons for all we know!

No, I don't agree. If the detectives had already investigated me for the crime, and then charged someone else, and I was innocent---NO WAY would I want to be dragged into court and used as a decoy by a team of defense attorneys.

I'd stay as far away from that courthouse as I could. And that wouldn't mean I was guilty. Just smart.

Fifteen per cent of nothing still equates to nothing. Perhaps this is why his prior bank accounts were closed out. There is no way around the IRS; they will shut it down regardless and I would like to see some proof of why his checking accounts were closed. I’m certain it wasn’t because his alternative accounting didn’t meet their standards. Imo
They're allowed to garnish 15% of what his benefits calculate out to. The minimum being about $800 per month. <modsnip: Don't tell other members what to discuss.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member