Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just buried a friend who fell and hit her head from a crouched position, getting out of a chair. She suffered a massive subdural hematoma and the first words out of the neurosurgeon's mouth were "we'll do a craniotomy". She lived 14 days after the fall.

So, yes. Very serious head injuries can occur even if you just fall out of a chair.

This baby girl had a severely compromised skull and there are untold neglectful ways this child could have died, considering her condition. The first one would be not having her helmet on.

Where is her helmet? Going for a car ride, seems you would put on the helmet. Oh never mind.

All we really need to hear is that the toddler stayed in the arms of the unconscious father to know this story is manure.

Much discussion about this earlier.

BB may keep vehicle and house keys together, and many people don't travel with their keys for fear of losing them -- myself included.

BB also thought DV could be circling the airport with her vehicle.

No explanation given of why no cell phone contact.[/QUOTE

The keys make total sense... But let think like a mom... DV was a no show at the airport, no cell phone contact (because he was kidnapped by 3 men) and car and children are not home with MD recovering from major surgery. I guess everything was ok in her mind.

Last edited:
Whoa, you're not kidding. Are we allowed to reference comments that Cheryl Mercedes is making in the comments section? Since she is a reporter?
No, not on the open thread.

The family are considered victims, and cannot be sluethed here.

It's fair to say that KHOU'S Cheryl Mercedes ran public background reports, and also naming CPS decision makers on her FB page, but the info on victims may not be discussed on the open thread.

Well, I just buried a friend who fell and hit her head from a crouched position, getting out of a chair. She suffered a massive subdural hematoma and the first words out of the neurosurgeon's mouth were "we'll do a craniotomy". She lived 14 days after the fall.

So, yes. Very serious head injuries can occur even if you just fall out of a chair.

This baby girl had a severely compromised skull and there are untold neglectful ways this child could have died, considering her condition. The first one would be not having her helmet on.

Where is her helmet? Going for a car ride, seems you would put on the helmet. Oh never mind.

All we really need to hear is that the toddler stayed in the arms of the unconscious father to know this story is manure.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Tea Time. (hugs)

No, not on the open thread.

The family are considered victims, and cannot be sluethed here.

It's fair to say that KHOU'S Cheryl Mercedes ran public background reports, and also naming CPS decision makers on her FB page, but the info on victims may not be discussed on the open thread.

Definitely can point people to the comments by Cheryl though. They are very much worth reading.

Media posted it yesterday. Let me try to find.

Thank you for the link. Cheryl Mercedes with KHOU, her editor and a family law attorney have read all 300 pages of the court document. There was an allegation made against Craig Davis, but nothing was proven. The same charge levied against BB, resulted in a "reason to believe" there was "neglectful supervison". Furthermore it appears he had little to no involvement in her life. Maybe this will be clarified as the case moves forward.

My point is that whatever happened to Maleah on July 10 and July 28 of 2018, had nothing to do with her biodad.

According to records, three weeks earlier, on July 10, Bowens took Maleah to the ER after she was throwing up blood. Doctors reported Maleah was "extremely lethargic." Maleah was treated and sent home.

The following week, on July 28, Maleah was back in the hospital for a cut to her forehead. Later, medical professionals reported she had blood just outside her brain, which could be life threatening.

Bowens said Maleah was hurt after falling from a chair, but that “would not have caused the serious internal injuries, which required half of Maleah’s skull to be removed,” medical professionals said in court documents.
Why did missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis need brain surgery?

Search for Maleah Davis called off 'until further notice' because of weather
[...]

The search halt comes as a Harris County judge approved a gag order on a civil suit involving the Maleah’s parents, a source with knowledge of the case said Wednesday. The order was approved to prohibit the lawyers representing Maleah’s biological parents, BB and CD, from talking about a case that began in May 2016 as a child support dispute, court records show.

The case was concluded that summer but records also show the suit resumed in August 2018 after Maleah suffered a head injury in August 2018 that was reported to Child Protective Services as “possible physical abuse.” The report prompted caseworkers to obtain custody of the girl and her two siblings, a then 5-year-old and 1-year-old boy, and place them in the care of a family member, a CPS spokeswoman recently said.

[...]

The involvement of CPS prompted attorney JW to be appointed as Maleah’s guardian ad litem, according to records. JW and two other lawyers involved in the case, GC and WC, could not be reached for comment.

The next court date is May 22.

[...]

(Names changed to initials by me)

Last edited:
Thank you for the link. Cheryl Mercedes with KHOU, her editor and a family law attorney have read all 300 pages of the court document. There was an allegation made against Craig Davis, but nothing was proven. The same charge levied against BB, resulted in a "reason to believe" there was "neglectful supervison". Furthermore it appears he had little to no involvement in her life. Maybe this will be clarified as the case moves forward.

My point is that whatever happened to Maleah on July 10 and July 28 of 2018, had nothing to do with her biodad.

Good, advance reporting by KHOU as the Judge issued a gag order today!

I totally Agree! I wouldn't be able to contain myself if I was him. If true, they need to update the MSM.

:mad:Gee I wonder if this is the same judge who ordered the kids returned?

Search for Maleah Davis called off 'until further notice' because of weather
[...]

The search halt comes as a Harris County judge approved a gag order on a civil suit involving the Maleah’s parents, a source with knowledge of the case said Wednesday. The order was approved to prohibit the lawyers representing Maleah’s biological parents, BB and CD, from talking about a case that began in May 2016 as a child support dispute, court records show.

The case was concluded that summer but records also show the suit resumed in August 2018 after Maleah suffered a head injury in August 2018 that was reported to Child Protective Services as “possible physical abuse.” The report prompted caseworkers to obtain custody of the girl and her two siblings, a then 5-year-old and 1-year-old boy, and place them in the care of a family member, a CPS spokeswoman recently said.

[...]

The involvement of CPS prompted attorney JW to be appointed as Maleah’s guardian ad litem, according to records. Woodfill and two other lawyers involved in the case, GC and WC, could not be reached for comment.

The next court date is May 22.

[...]

(Names changed to initials by me)

So . . . I'm just catching up but seems as though no one has asked about what a toddler had to eat from Friday night to Saturday night . . . and whether he might have needed a diaper change? Just sayin'

So . . . I'm just catching up but seems as though no one has asked about what a toddler had to eat from Friday night to Saturday night . . . and whether he might have needed a diaper change? Just sayin'
Oh, it's been discussed, but what is there to say, really? Either the three mystery men fed and changed him, he went hungry with a full diaper for a day, or there were no mystery men at all. I'll take door #3. MOO

Agreed. Seems like he wasn't even involved much in Maleah's life, let alone responsible for abuse. I wonder if her brain surgery is was brought him back into the picture. One of those "ah ha" moments in life.

He may have stepped aside to avoid being blamed for BB’s abuse. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member