FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, schizophrenia symptoms start abruptly from what I understand. I've watched about 30 documentaries on schizophrenia, some medical, others firsthand accounts and many schizophrenics describe it as if a light switch was turned on. One minute you're normal, the next, you're hearing voices; but symptoms can vary depending on type/spectrum

Actually, schizophrenia symptoms start abruptly from what I understand. I've watched about 30 documentaries on schizophrenia, some medical, others firsthand accounts and many schizophrenics describe it as if a light switch was turned on. One minute you're normal, the next, you're hearing voices; but symptoms can vary depending on type/spectrum

:wagon:

Thank you. I agree with so much of what you say. Mental illness does not just "show up", there will be a long history of signals. Many people do not recognize them clearly, unfortunately but eventually we stop functioning in a normal manner. I have had differing views within myself about his videos, I would have to watch them again but have been a little busy.

That may be true, I believe they call those prodromal symptoms. I have heard accounts of sporadic, strange things (hallucinations) happening to schizophrenics before the acute psychosis takes hold, but yes, the more advanced the illness, the less the person realizes they're sick. Their delusions usually cement what the voices tell them (e.g. they might justify hearing voices by the delusion that the government implanted a microchip in their brain and are transmitting signals thru it). It's all very sad. I'm really curious to see what the official diagnosis for Austin will be...

From wildebeest's link:

The lawsuit, though, alleges Harrouff consumed a “shroom concoction” before the fatal attacks.

He went to his mother’s home, drank a concoction of cooking oil and Parmesan cheese, according to witnesses, then went back to the Duffy’s to sit with his family until he abruptly left again.

The lawsuit alleges the drink actually contained the hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Fetterman said they’ve believe it was “shrooms,” after reviewing text messages and phone calls from the day of the incident. Mishcon’s family said Harrouff was not tested for mushrooms at the time.

From wildebeest's link:

That is interesting. In my youth - I loved tripping on them !! None of us ever saw anything that was not there.

You laugh and laugh and laugh

but that certainly might help understand cause def people have had bad trips -- makes sense with the drink at moms

It would be interesting to know how he is doing now -- is he showing severe mental illness

but we still have a very long time of behavior that is indicative of a psychotic delusional young man.

The turtle that day ............

His video and music -- does kinda indicate long mental health history

A June 17 trial date was set for 22-year-old Austin Harrouff.

Harrouff faces two counts of first-degree murder.

Martin County prosecutors say Harrouff attacked John and Michelle Stevens outside their home north of Palm Beach in August 2016, stabbing and beating them to death. When deputies arrived, they say they found Harrouff chewing on John Stevens' face.

Trial date set for Austin Harrouff, man accused of killing Tequesta couple in 2016

A June 17 trial date was set for 22-year-old Austin Harrouff.

Harrouff faces two counts of first-degree murder.

Martin County prosecutors say Harrouff attacked John and Michelle Stevens outside their home north of Palm Beach in August 2016, stabbing and beating them to death. When deputies arrived, they say they found Harrouff chewing on John Stevens' face.

Trial date set for Austin Harrouff, man accused of killing Tequesta couple in 2016

Big change in his appearance, didn’t look like the same person. Hoping for justice for the victim’s families.

Interesting article with a lot of details!
Harrouff thought he was 'half-dog, half-man' in vicious attack

A forensic psychologist concludes the Jupiter man suffered from ‘severe mental disease’ when he killed John Stevens and Michelle Mishcon, biting one of them in the face in 2016 in Martin County.
[...]
Resnick said in his opinion, Harrouff suffered from “severe mental disease,” in particular bipolar disorder and acute manic episodes with psychotic features. On Aug. 15, 2016, the day of the attacks, he said Harrouff suffered from “clinical lycanthropy delusions.”

Clinical lycanthropy is the rare occurrence where an individual believes they are an animal other than a human, more often than not a werewolf. Those who have studied cases of the delusion say it is often connected to existing mental disorders such as schizophrenia. In his report, Resnick said Harrouff “had the delusion that he could run ‘super fast’ because he was ‘half-man, half dog.’ He believed that other dogs’ hair was attaching to his face.”
[...]
Due to the length of Harrouff’s manic episode and the absence of drugs in his system, Resnick wrote in his report that it was unlikely that it was a “drug induced psychosis” that led to the attacks, as Martin County Sheriff William Snyder told the public at the time and as attorneys representing Mischon’s family have alleged in a wrongful-death lawsuit.
[...]
“This evaluation confirms Austin could not form the requisite intent to commit these crimes due to his severe mental illness. Austin was undergoing a psychotic event at the time of the incident and did not know that his conduct was wrong,” she wrote in a statement.

According to Resnick’s findings, after interviews with Harrouff, family and friends, as well as a review of records surrounding the case, Resnick said that in addition to the lycanthropy delusions, Harrouff also believed there was an evil force or a demon attempting to kill him.

In the days leading up to the attack, family members reported Harrouff acting strangely: saying he was invincible, that he had superpowers, that he believed he was getting more powerful and that he was feeling like Jesus.

During his interview with Harrouff, Resnick said that in the hours before the attack, Harrouff, then 19, felt he had “special powers” like an animal who could run fast and jump high. Harrouff told Resnick he thought it was “really cool” to be half-man, half-dog and felt connections to dogs around him. After family and friends noticed he was acting strangely, he said his father attempted to give him Xanax to calm him down, but that he refused to take it.
[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member