Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently there was an upcoming court date to determine whether or not she would be given permanent custody of the kids.
I think at this time CPS, or the state, still retains custody.
At least that's what it sounds like to me.
The kids being returned to the parents was a trial period, but CPS still had primary custody. Imo
Have you seen some of the court documents? It would be great if you could explain them because the whole custody issue is very confusing.

Link me and I would be happy to take a look.

Well that clarifies her defense of him and does temper my earlier thoughts about that somewhat. But what I can't get past is she knew her child suffered traumatic head injury that the authorities believed was from abuse. So unless she was present and saw it, or caused it, new daddy is the likely culprit. So denial or no, a mother would be negligent to leave her kid alone with the same man under those circumstances, IMO.

I don't believe in coincidences. A small child went missing while under the care of step-daddy to be. Earlier she suffered catastrophic injury that was investigated as abuse.

1+1 = 2 to me.

Mom either was involved in what happened previously or was neglectful in allowing her kid to be in the care of the man who otherwise likely did it. IMO.

BBM-I think it was determined that it was not mom and step-dad that had Maleah when she got injured, but rather mom and bio dad and that they were at BB2's house, but she was not home. This thread is moving so fast that I am not sure how far back that was, but it was stated in the court papers in the CPS case.

I do still agree with you that leaving a vulnerable child with someone who is not related is a good idea. Especially since he mentioned her having in a hair bow instead of her personal protective equipment.

To play off your train of thought. Where would three Hispanic men go in that area? I feel weird saying that, but I'm staying with his story line. Locals do you have any thoughts?
Houston is so diverse and and has a very large Hispanic population. It didn’t even make me pause when he mentioned 3 Hispanic men. If I see a pick up truck, it’s probably a 50-50 chance that a Hispanic man will be driving. I actually called in a tip this morning when I saw a blue Chevy pick up truck and a Hispanic man got out.

Why is that unusual? You see her with Tim Miller, even on her knees with Tim Miller talking to her.

She has been very active trying to find her daughter. Positive she is right beside them daily helping search. So no, not unusual.

I agree with you. Tim Miller had time to get there from EquuSearch, plenty of reporters and cameras there to record her on the ground, but she wasn't supposed to be there or only got there the exact same time as these other people because she helped in some way plant the car there?

I know we see some strange things with parents on Websleuths, but I feel some are reaching a little far with the mom on this one.

*Negligent? More than likely.
*Child abuse? Possibly.
*Indirect role in her child missing? Probably if she was the one who left the kids with DV - although for some reason he was not a part of the CPS case. It would seem the child would be put at just as much risk if left with bio dad since he was involved in the CPS case.
*Directly involved in her child missing? I seriously doubt it.

The employee who noticed and reported the car being a taxi company driver seems like it could be a minor coincidence -- is there any chance the same taxi company was hired by DV to transport him and toddler from the parked location of the Altima to the hospital? And now the driver is feeling guilty for her involvement or just realized what was going on? Or heard relevant information from a co-worker?If so I'm sure they already know based on the reports of the footage of him being dropped off there.

BBM-I think it was determined that it was not mom and step-dad that had Maleah when she got injured, but rather mom and bio dad and that they were at BB2's house, but she was not home. This thread is moving so fast that I am not sure how far back that was, but it was stated in the court papers in the CPS case.

I do still agree with you that leaving a vulnerable child with someone who is not related is a good idea. Especially since he mentioned her having in a hair bow instead of her personal protective equipment.

NO, not true. Mom & DV, not bio dad!!!

BREAKING: Mom, stepdad of Maleah Davis banned from contact with all their children, court rules

Channel 11 link

HOUSTON — A court order has been issued that bans Maleah Davis’s mother and stepfather from having any contact with their son or any of the mother's other children.

Police named Maleah’s stepfather, Derion Vence, “a person of interest” in her disappearance earlier this week, saying he’s changed his story multiple times.

To play off your train of thought. Where would three Hispanic men go in that area? I feel weird saying that, but I'm staying with his story line. Locals do you have any thoughts?

West Texas, here. I'm certain they would just go somewhere to blend in, which made me wonder why all of Texas didn't have that Amber Alert on their phones. I never received one from this case and I found that odd.

BREAKING: Mom, stepdad of Maleah Davis banned from contact with all their children, court rules

Channel 11 link

HOUSTON — A court order has been issued that bans Maleah Davis’s mother and stepfather from having any contact with their son or any of the mother's other children.

Police named Maleah’s stepfather, Derion Vence, “a person of interest” in her disappearance earlier this week, saying he’s changed his story multiple times.

Good call, kind of late on the horn considering the circumstances prior to the missing report, but good call nonetheless.

Nor do I & the abuse M suffered was to the nth degree.
If mom was so concerned about her children. Why didn't she report them missing when he never picked her up from the airport. Mom goes an entire day without hearing from her kids and soon to be husband. AND the funeral was April 11? When did the M go missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam