Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm angry with her about that too but I don't think she's involved in Maleah's disappearance. MOO
I agree with you PommyMommy. If she were I think she’d still be backing him up and with him right now. She’s made huge mistakes, allegedly, but I don’t think this is her doing...I’m pissed at her for allowing someone she knew was capable, even in the vicinity of her children. Still hard to watch, all the same. MOO

There's an Avis Rental Car in this parking lot. Wonder if he rented a car?

Live KHOU said Aunt still had custody & visits were supposed to be supervised. I'm curious if she'll be charged with something for letting her stay with him against court order. Live also said May 22 was next custody hearing.

BREAKING: Mom, stepdad of Maleah Davis banned from contact with all their children, court rules

Channel 11 link

HOUSTON — A court order has been issued that bans Maleah Davis’s mother and stepfather from having any contact with their son or any of the mother's other children.

Police named Maleah’s stepfather, Derion Vence, “a person of interest” in her disappearance earlier this week, saying he’s changed his story multiple times.

Thankfully.

Wasn't she staunchly defending this man at first? If she wasn't the one to leave the kids in his care or at least agree to do so, why would she be so defensive about him under the circumstances without knowing more?

Staunchly? No. She said his story was weird since day one.

How did the mother come to be at the place the car was discovered? She heard about it and rushed over? Little unusual.

I am pretty sure that she is following the news like everyone else. She wasn't already there, she heard about it and went to the location. How is that unusual?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing that DV will not return Maleah's mother's calls, and he hasn't spoken to her since he first told her the 'story' of the abduction----that seals the deal for me. He was lying to her and she is not involved, in my opinion.

The pressure will be on him now, harder than ever.

She wasn't in town so it's unlikely she was involved. Except for allowing her boyfriend to care for her already injured, exceedingly vulnerable child.

And it appears I'm not the only one questioning her choices.

All her kids have been taken from her now:

HOUSTON — A court order has been issued that bans Maleah Davis’s mother and stepfather from having any contact with their son or any of the mother's other children.

The court order removing all children from Vence and Bowen’s custody is the outcome of the separate motions by grandma Brenda Bowens and the Department of Family and Protective Services. The court did not place the kids with Brenda, but are allowing her to attend sibling visits.

BREAKING: Mom, stepdad of Maleah Davis banned from contact with all their children, court rules

Only if he had both children with him. I think he left his son with his carseat with someone while he did whatever he did with Maleah.

I thought he said that he and the baby were left along that highway? Didn't he show up at the hospital with his son? Just trying to get this straight. IMO

Car belonging to Maleah Davis' family appears 'normal', yields no clues to her disappearance

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The vehicle belonging to the family of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis was found in Missouri City Thursday morning.

Investigators searched the Nissan Altima, but found no visible evidence inside of it. They said there was nothing suspicious inside of the car, and that it looked normal, meaning that there are no obvious signs of anything unusual.

Detective Ken Fregia said that the car was unlocked when officials arrived, and that it was clean.

The vehicle will be taken to the Houston Police Department for further processing.

Houston is so diverse and and has a very large Hispanic population. It didn’t even make me pause when he mentioned 3 Hispanic men. If I see a pick up truck, it’s probably a 50-50 chance that a Hispanic man will be driving. I actually called in a tip this morning when I saw a blue Chevy pick up truck and a Hispanic man got out.

Yes. However, DV is lying about the men. So I'm theorizing that he may have put Maleah somewhere that he thinks those men would live, frequent or otherwise be. That keeps his story line intact.

Channel 11 link

Police named Maleah’s stepfather, Derion Vence, “a person of interest” in her disappearance earlier this week, saying he’s changed his story multiple times.

I just came to post that.

I'm glad the authorities are concerned.

Channel 11 link

Also from the link (emphasis mine):

Maleah’s younger half brother is with his paternal grandmother. Maleah’s older brother is with his paternal aunt, and if Maleah is found alive, that’s where she’s supposed to go to.

The court order removing all children from Vence and Bowen’s custody is the outcome of the separate motions by grandma Brenda Bowens and the Department of Family and Protective Services. The court did not place the kids with Brenda, but are allowing her to attend sibling visits.

Last edited:
Car belonging to Maleah Davis' family appears 'normal', yields no clues to her disappearance

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The vehicle belonging to the family of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis was found in Missouri City Thursday morning.

Investigators searched the Nissan Altima, but found no visible evidence inside of it. They said there was nothing suspicious inside of the car, and that it looked normal, meaning that there are no obvious signs of anything unusual.

Detective Ken Fregia said that the car was unlocked when officials arrived, and that it was clean.

The vehicle will be taken to the Houston Police Department for further processing.

Keys in ignition? Or did he forget & remove them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88