Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back online. Saw car has been found . Can I have recap please?
Car located in strip mall parking lot -- not hidden.

It was reported to police by a local shopper.

Car was unlocked - no signs of Maleah.

Parking lot located 4.5 miles from hospital DV treated at.

TES suspending search due to weather

Judge orders BB and DV to have no contact the children.

I am pretty sure that she is following the news like everyone else. She wasn't already there, she heard about it and went to the location. How is that unusual?

As someone who works in the field, it strikes me as a tad unusual to have family members on scene at a *secondary* location when processing a scene or evidence, that’s all. But I also work in a country where the news is a bit less involved.

It seems like some people have gotten defensive on the mom’s behalf about me saying that I was surprised to see her there and there’s no really no need... I just said unusual, not suspicious.

But if the CPS documents are correct, then BB wasn't the person technically leaving the children anywhere -- she didn't even have physical custody. Maybe she reported DV missing first because she didn't know he had them and thought they were with their aunt (her sister?) the way CPS had designated. Maybe he was supposed to pick her up at the airport as reported but the children weren't supposed to be with him in the first place. Could the delay between the missing persons report be when she was calling family members or whoever to see if anyone knew why DV hadn't picked her up and in those conversations she learned that the children weren't where she expected them to be (with the aunt) and that's when she reported them missing also?
OR, several people in the family (BB, BB2, the aunt, and possibly DV) were all colluding to violate the CPS custody order and the children were illegally being cared for by the wrong people, at least last week.
Has anyone seen any information on the aunt?

bbm

Having a busy day today and I'm over 20 pages behind, but your post caught my eye. IMO (without having read many updates from today) that's a good theory. BB thinks kids are with aunt, but they aren't, because when aunt came to pick them up, Maleah was sick (per DV) and maybe he told them the other(s) were too and aunt for some reason believed him/tried to be compassionate/didn't want to wake sick kids/didn't want sick kids near her and left them with DV. Hmm.

All speculation/MOO

BB would have loved this man, I mean if god forbid this was my family I’d scream til I was blue in the face that my partner wouldn’t hurt anyone. I can see why she’s struggled to believe it. But I don’t think she had anything to do with this, she wasn’t off loving life while her kids were with this man she was at her father’s funeral and it’s not her fault he is a monster. She SHOULD have been able to trust him with maleah, they have a child together why shouldn’t she trust him why would she suspect he would harm her children? There’s been no proof of abuse or that Maleah’s mom was aware of any abuse. I see her as stark contrast to AJ’s ‘parents’ JC wasn’t screaming where is my baby! Neither was anyone connected to baby Amiah imo. In some cases the mother has involvement but why should a mother have to ask herself if everyone’s going to be alive when she gets back before she goes anywhere? That’s IF they are unaware of any abuse that may be happening, it’s possible he just got frustrated while mom wasn’t there but it’s not her fault for not being there she had every right to go to her fathers funeral assuming her kids were being cared for by her partner who is the father of one of said children! She is a victim right now imo.

CPS removed the kids from her care for a reason. Also, a family member tried to stop the child from returning to her care. That speaks volumes. MOO

This is crazy making, listening to KHOU talk about how she was supposed to be with her aunt and not DV except supervised.

They obviously didn't follow the CPS plan. We've seen this in other cases, if placed with family the "rules" get ignored. Especially if family doesn't feel the parents are guilty of anything. The poor Aunt, I'm sure she feels awful right about now.

NO, not true. Mom & DV, not bio dad!!!

I think it's definitely bio dad instead of stepdad.

From this article:

Why CPS says Maleah Davis was pulled from her home last year

"Court documents said Maleah and her older brother were physically abused and neglected by Bowens and Davis In another section of the court documents, a doctor couldn't confirm whether Maleah's injuries were caused by abuse and Bowens was in parenting classes"

Car located in strip mall parking lot -- not hidden.

It was reported to police by a local shopper.

Car was unlocked - no signs of Maleah.

Parking lot located 4.5 miles from hospital DV treated at.

TES suspending search due to weather

Judge orders BB and DV to have no contact the children.

RE BBM I want to know if keys were in it, wish they had specified.

This is what I've been confused about. CPS has custody of Maleah but they returned her to "a relative." So, did BB or the relative (aunt, it appears) leave Maleah with DV? MOO

Yes... this is so confusing. KHOU says the read 300 pages of CPS / court documents and had attorney review and determined that. I took it to mean the aunt was to be the caregiver. So if that is the case, was she allowed to let DV care for the kids? Who is this aunt? I didn’t know there was an aunt that even lived in Texas. I’m hoping KHOU has this wrong.

But if the CPS documents are correct, then BB wasn't the person technically leaving the children anywhere -- she didn't even have physical custody. Maybe she reported DV missing first because she didn't know he had them and thought they were with their aunt (her sister?) the way CPS had designated. Maybe he was supposed to pick her up at the airport as reported but the children weren't supposed to be with him in the first place. Could the delay between the missing persons report be when she was calling family members or whoever to see if anyone knew why DV hadn't picked her up and in those conversations she learned that the children weren't where she expected them to be (with the aunt) and that's when she reported them missing also?
OR, several people in the family (BB, BB2, the aunt, and possibly DV) were all colluding to violate the CPS custody order and the children were illegally being cared for by the wrong people, at least last week.
Has anyone seen any information on the aunt?

These are exactly my thoughts as well. I'm guessing a family member was supposed to have full-time custody, but several others were possibly all involved in circumventing that stipulation. I'm sure it happens all the time. It could have been that BB didn't have a say in where they were and who they were left with or not, not legally anyway.

As someone who works in the field, it strikes me as a tad unusual to have family members on scene at a *secondary* location when processing a scene or evidence, that’s all. But I also work in a country where the news is a bit less involved.

It seems like some people have gotten defensive on the mom’s behalf about me saying that I was surprised to see her there and there’s no really no need... I just said unusual, not suspicious.
I think I would rush too if I had a child missing. But I couldn't bear to stand there and see them looking for her little body inside the car.

I can walk two miles in thirty four minutes at the track, but I think it would take longer carry in a oddler. Someone had to given him a ride, or a place to hide. So who ever took the car changed the tire?

I hate that DV is being referred to as stepfather in the media. Truly he’s mom’s boyfriend/fiancé to Maleah and father to Maleah’s half-brother. DV was living in the home when Maleah was injured twice. The children remained in state custody and with any misstep, a parent could lose permanent custody. I so wish a responsible and loving caregiver was used for mom to go to the funeral. Parents have to make a decision being a living and recuperating child or a funeral of a deceased relative. My heart breaks for all who love Maleah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard