Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can saw interesting. But I deleted my post as I misread. And I didn’t link! I think though we can provide a link....anyway, a link is at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks! Well alrighty then, you are correct. It is posted in the first post on this thread so I will link it again here. It is a member only thread, so if you have not joined, you will not be able to view it.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bigail-williams-scanner-thread.333467/page-21

JMO.

Thank you for the link. It is sad the article was written six months after the murders and police say they are getting close to identifying the killer. Obviously, that didn't happen.

I want to emphasize again the syntax and semantics of what the police actually said about the perp's DNA.

".... Indiana State Police says they not only have more audio of the killer’s voice, recovered from Libby’s cell phone, but also DNA evidence that they believe belongs to the killer." BBM

The key words here are "....that they believe...."

Anytime a person inserts "I believe" or "To the best of my knowledge," "I think" and similar phrases, those are called qualifiers. Qualifiers basically reduce the veracity of the statement to which they are attached. It can even be indicative of non-confidence in what is being said or, in the case of sociopaths, an actual lie.

Linguistic analysts and statement profilers know to look for these types of qualifiers.

Another phrase that is frequently used by people who are lying is "I know in my heart I didn't" [murder, rape, kill, rob] the victim. I know in my heart is not the same as I know I didn't do it.

Language is powerful. Language can be used to deny, deflect and disassemble, all while pretending to answer a question or give information.

Because of the language used, I am still not confident LE has the Delphi murderer's DNA. I know they want the perp to think they have it. I sincerely hope they do.

Last edited:
Hey everyone .. it's okay to link to the WS scanner thread but please do not link to all outside scanner threads or discuss info from them. This is for safety of both the investigation and LE.

Sure, other people can find the info out there, but WS doesn't need to make it easy for them, okay?

Thanks.

Thank you for the link. It is sad the article was written six months after the murders and police say they are getting close to identifying the killer. Obviously, that didn't happen.

I want to emphasize again the syntax and semantics of what the police actually said about the perp's DNA.

".... Indiana State Police says they not only have more audio of the killer’s voice, recovered from Libby’s cell phone, but also DNA evidence that they believe belongs to the killer." BBM

The key words here are "....that they believe...."

Anytime a person inserts "I believe" or "To the best of my knowledge," "I think" and similar phrases, those are called qualifiers. Qualifiers basically reduce the veracity of the statement to which they are attached. It can even be indicative of non-confidence in what is being said or in the case of sociopaths, an actual lie.

Linguistic analysts and statement profilers know to look for these types of qualifiers.

Another phrase that is frequently used by people who are lying is "I know in my heart I didn't" [murder, rape, kill, rob] the victim. I know in my heart is not the same as I know I didn't do it.

Language is powerful. Language can be used to deny, deflect and disassemble, all while pretending to answer a question or give information.

Because of the language used, I am still not confident LE has the Delphi murderer's DNA. I know they want the perp to think they have it. I sincerely hope they do.

MOO its a pretty direct statement though. Certainly better than "every crime scene has DNA" and other things the police have stated that indicated they had a high level of uncertainty about their DNA evidence.

Well, if this does end up not being about A & L it won't be the first time we've gotten our hopes up and ended up so disappointed but we can hope it is the last. Regardless, we will all be here for any new development or info hoping and praying again. We just want it solved!!!!

I agree he acted alone. Why do you associate overkill in commission of crime disorganized? Jack the Ripper was he ever caught? Or how about the New Orleans axe murderer? They both committed brutal, bloody crimes that required adequate stalking and planning to execute without anyone ever being brought to justice. The Zodiac is another example of planned attacks carried out on victims of coincidence and opportunity, brutal yet well thought out. And as of yet unapprehended. A terrorist attack is well planned months in advance and they're equally brutal yet no one classifies them as disorganized sociopaths. Disorganization lends itself more to the psychotic mental disorder whereas organized killers fall into the antisocial category.

I’m convinced he did this alone, as most of these crimes are solo affairs.

This just looks like a one man job anyways.

As to your second point, that’s why I’m so curious as to what the crime scene looked like.

The overkill, the cutting, that sort of thing is something that guys like Jack The Ripper, and the Yorkshire Ripper did.

Now we have no idea if anything like that happened here, but as I think this guy is towards that end of the spectrum (disorganized), I wouldn’t be surprised.

MOO its a pretty direct statement though. Certainly better than "every crime scene has DNA" and other things the police have stated that indicated they had a high level of uncertainty about their DNA evidence.

JMO.

But it is not a direct statement.

A direct statement would be .... "We have the killer's DNA." That is a direct statement. It is said in active voice, not passive voice and with no qualifiers.

JMO.

But it is not a direct statement.

A direct statement would be .... "We have the killer's DNA." That is a direct statement. It is said in active voice, not passive voice and with no qualifiers.
I agree it is a qualifier but doesn't mean they don't think it is his. I think it speaks more to where it was found and a presumed innocent till proven guilty and that need for more evidence. If it were under her fingernails it would be more definite. If they were able to tell that it was on her body after her death or that it was under her body somehow. But there are a lot of places it could be found that would allow a reasonable doubt.

I agree he acted alone. Why do you associate overkill in commission of crime disorganized? Jack the Ripper was he ever caught? Or how about the New Orleans axe murderer? They both committed brutal, bloody crimes that required adequate stalking and planning to execute without anyone ever being brought to justice. The Zodiac is another example of planned attacks carried out on victims of coincidence and opportunity, brutal yet well thought out. And as of yet unapprehended. A terrorist attack is well planned months in advance and they're equally brutal yet no one classifies them as disorganized sociopaths. Disorganization lends itself more to the psychotic mental disorder whereas organized killers fall into the antisocial category.
Getting away with murder, is not necessarily a sign of high intelligence or skill.

Likewise, disorganization doesn’t mean there is no planning.

There is a spectrum, and not two completely different types of killers.

I believe that this guy falls more towards disorganized, although there are absolutely elements of organization there.

One of the hallmarks of disorganized killers, is a level of overkill. They derive pleasure from desecrating and mutilating the bodies of their victims. This separates them from more organized killers.

They hunt close to home, tend to have lower self control, and are more prone to drug and alcohol problems.

The late FBI profiler Roy Hazelwood has an excellent book on the differences between the two.

According to his research, organized killers tend to have three separate crimes scenes:

Place of initial contact.

Place of murder.

Place where body is disposed.

BG likely had two.

Last edited:
Journal and Courier Newsroom has been spoken to, the situation being described and the previous link to the information about the search warrant 2 years ago, and they are going to look into it also. Folks who don't tweet still use their phones!
Yes, we do, but we do not do voice mail or text.......LOL !....moo....lowtechdumbphonesherlockholmescody22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member