Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
TxDMV issues a 30-Day Permit for the temporary movement of a vehicle subject toTexas registration laws. A 30-Day Permit is valid for a period of 30 days from the effective date reflected on the permit. No more than three 30-Day Permits will be issued per vehicle.
I think you’re onto something...good eye!!
MOO

Im a long time lurker, just wanted to share some insight into the Texas temp plate. In Texas you can still go to the court house and extend your temp tag 3 times. They recently had to overhaul their online system due to a bunch of fraud where people were able to purchase unlimited temp tags on the internet without proper documents. A lot of people with flooded vehicles/stolen vehicles/criminals were using this loophole. Texas DMV Halts Parts of Online Paper License Plate System

Edit: I tried to share a link up there to the story but idk if it worked, >_<

View attachment 183472

Ok, I tried to blow this pic up. I think the paper plate say June 01 2019 is when it expires, which means the car was purchased May 1st. Maleah was reported missing on the 3rd or maybe before. The timing is really freaking me out. Maybe the evidence is in the old car. MOO

So BB left town on the 30th and he immediately buys a new car? The next day?

I’m thinking something happened much earlier than I was before...

Edit: nevermind, I see it can be extended.

View attachment 183472

Ok, I tried to blow this pic up. I think the paper plate say June 01 2019 is when it expires, which means the car was purchased May 1st. Maleah was reported missing on the 3rd or maybe before. The timing is really freaking me out. Maybe the evidence is in the old car. MOO

Yikes, what an awful possibility. I don't remember seeing any photos of the back of the car that are clearer or closer up to see if it really says June 1.
If the car was purchased on May 1 though, that would have been the day after BB flew to New England ... I was under the impression that LE knows the car belongs to BB, but maybe that was never true and some of the reports saying "stepdad's car" are correct after all.
Edit: saw the post about extending the tags; still would sure like to know when the car was purchased and by whom.

So BB left town on the 30th and he immediately buys a new car? The next day?

I’m thinking something happened much earlier than I was before...

Edit: nevermind, I see it can be extended.
It’s still possible it hasn’t been extended. If no evidence of Maleah is found inside that car, then I’d really like to know the date the car was purchased. MOO

Yikes, what an awful possibility. I don't remember seeing any photos of the back of the car that are clearer or closer up to see if it really says June 1.
If the car was purchased on May 1 though, that would have been the day after BB flew to New England ... I was under the impression that LE knows the car belongs to BB, but maybe that was never true and some of the reports saying "stepdad's car" are correct after all.
Yes, but it could of been purchased on 4/30 as well if it was in the evening at the dealership. Didn't DV have the Flu on 2nd.
4/26 last day MD at daycare
4/30- 5/1 new car purchase
Mom leaves out of town
May 1 (?), 2019 - DV sent home from work

May 2, 2019 - DV "officially" home with the flu

May 3, 2019 @ 9pm - DV & children abducted

Last edited:
Edit: saw the post about extending the tags; still would sure like to know when the car was purchased and by whom.
- It could still be BB's car and they issued the tag date for the next day. MOO

Last edited:
Im a long time lurker, just wanted to share some insight into the Texas temp plate. In Texas you can still go to the court house and extend your temp tag 3 times. They recently had to overhaul their online system due to a bunch of fraud where people were able to purchase unlimited temp tags on the internet without proper documents. A lot of people with flooded vehicles/stolen vehicles/criminals were using this loophole. Texas DMV Halts Parts of Online Paper License Plate System

Edit: I tried to share a link up there to the story but idk if it worked, >_<

Welcome wulphie and thank you for this information!

Initial reports were that the vehicle was owned by BB. I really don't think ownership is confirmed.

Adding to my post re. ownership of Altima

The silver Nissan Altima that was being driven by Derion Vence remains missing. According to police, the car is owned by Brittany Bowens and was recently purchased by her. It was seen on a traffic light camera in Sugar Land, Texas, about 2:54 p.m. on Saturday, May 5.

Maleah Davis Amber Alert: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Are we sure the law is 30 days still? They recently changed it in some states to 60 days. Totally freaked me out the first few times I saw paper plates that were more than 30 days out from expiration.

TxDMV issues a 30-Day Permit for the temporary movement of a vehicle subject to Texas registration laws. A 30-Day Permit is valid for a period of 30 days from the effective date reflected on the permit.

No more than three 30-Day Permits will be issued per vehicle. bbm

TxDMV.GOV - Temporary Permits

Adding to my post re. ownership of Altima

The silver Nissan Altima that was being driven by Derion Vence remains missing. According to police, the car is owned by Brittany Bowens and was recently purchased by her. It was seen on a traffic light camera in Sugar Land, Texas, about 2:54 p.m. on Saturday, May 5.

Maleah Davis Amber Alert: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
I wonder what time her flight was on the 30th. Maybe they purchased it on the 30th in the am. MOO

Hey all. Long time lurker. As a long time resident of the south/southwest Houston suburbs, I’ve been following this case from the beginning, and my heart is just aching for little Maleah.
I’ve seen a couple people mention looking in water and parks, and I could be wrong, but I don’t think it’s been mentioned yet about our alligator population - especially in the south/southwest suburbs of Houston. I know a couple of parks with lakes/ponds around Sugar Land and Missouri City known to have alligators. Heck, even my own neighborhood has had alligators removed from its “lakes” with permanent warning signs about them.
I hope this ends up having nothing at all to do with Maleah’s case, but just wanted to throw it out there for any non locals who might not be aware.

Yea... I brought it up on the last thread. There were HUGE gators being caught in Clear Lake after the big rains you guys had. And those are just the ones making their way into people's yards. Can't imagine what is lurking in the desolate spots where someone would ideally conceal their crimes.

As there can be up to 3 temp permits -- very much possible the vehicle was purchased up to 90 days ago.

I don't know if anyone has screenshots of mom's 'Autumn Vence' FB, before it was shut down...but I am pretty sure there are pictures of her silver Nissan taken earlier than May 1st. I think they must have replaced the tags a time or two. JMO

Maybe I'm counting wrong so please double check me. But if a 30 Day tag is for exactly 30 days, a car bought on 5/1 would expire 5/31 right? (IF it had not been extended.)

Was just reading posts about CPS returning kids to the same people that abused or neglected to them and it made me think. Many know I work with rescue animals. So in that line of thinking, if an animal is adopted from the rescues I work with, the rescues have the right to remove the animal for abuse/neglect. Anyone that has an animal removed from them is blacklisted from EVER adopting from that rescue. AND their name is sent to all other area rescues to alert them of the situation. Sometimes there are criminal charges and fines, but the vast majority of the time, our local LE won't do anything. At any rate, those adopters aren't given a second chance by the rescues. Sure they could acquire another animal by facebook, craigslist, etc, and sometimes the rescue hears about it, and secretly monitors the situation. BUT, the point being, for an ANIMAL there isnt' a second chance, yet for a HUMAN CHILD there is numerous chances! It's not right!

This entire event just sickens me. Many of us have been on WS for years, and it's not difficult to figure this out. We could be surprised, I suppose, but once it is determined there are no additional prints in the vehicle, reality will set in with DV. Next step - where is she? Please, God, not alligators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni