Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wonder about Maleah's mother. Wouldn't a normal person, especially with a missing child, begin to question their partner? What is she thinking? If LE considers DV a person of interest, wouldn't she? Is she asking him hard questions? Would she turn him in, or would she not? I am not certain if she is real or if her actions are a performance.

Maybe I'm counting wrong so please double check me. But if a 30 Day tag is for exactly 30 days, a car bought on 5/1 would expire 5/31 right? (IF it had not been extended.)

The DMV site states: A 30-Day Permit is valid for a period of 30 days from the effective date reflected on the permit.

If May 1 is the effective date - I believe you are correct with May 31.

Admin note:
The last thread had many off topic posts that needed to be cleaned up. The thread is about Maleah and only Maleah. Do not bring personal stories or anecdotes into the discussion or post about other cases/missing children.
More likely that they will start with today and work backwards.
Update: Stepdad of missing girl Maleah Davis hasn’t showed up to work at PharMEDium in a week, his coworker tells me. Darion Vence was sent home because he was vomiting last week. He was officially “home with the flu” by Friday. This week he isn’t answering calls about absence.
Twitter

I think I missed where the car was found. In a paking lot somewhere?

I think I missed where the car was found. In a paking lot somewhere?
Yes - vehicle located Thursday morning in Missouri City about 4.5 miles from the hospital where DV was treated.

Shelley Childers‏Verified account @shelleyabc13
JUST IN: we’ve learned it was a customer shopping at Dollar Tree who first spotted the missing car belonging to Maleah’s family. @abc13houston #FINDMALEAH #MaleahDavis

D6I3OSgWAAAPFxx.jpg

D6I3OSdXsAAAKnu.jpg

9:25 AM - 9 May 2019 pst

Mom, stepdad of Maleah Davis banned from contact with all their children, court rules

Updated: 7:08 PM CDT May 9, 2019

HOUSTON — A court order has been issued that bans Maleah Davis’s mother and stepfather from having any contact with their son or any of the mother's other children, KHOU 11 Investigates has learned.

During an emergency hearing Wednesday morning, the court ordered Maleah’s younger half-brother to stay with his paternal grandmother. Maleah’s older brother in now in the custody of his paternal aunt, and if Maleah is found alive, that’s where she would go.

"Mother & Father Vence to have no contact with the children," the court minutes read.
The fact that BB is not allowed contact with any of her children speaks volumes to me. Obviously there is much more going on behind the scenes than we are privy to, but for CPS services to remove the children and allow no contact by BB seems pretty significant IMO.

i apologize if this has been asked. trying to keep up with all the posts, but it seems to move quickly after i go to bed each night.

why on earth would law enforcement allow mom to be on the scene when they found the car? i don't think i've heard of that ever happening before. usually they would shield the parent(s) from any sort of recovery process. right? were they hoping to observe a reaction from her? Moo.

Maleah Davis missing: Car reported stolen in case of missing Texas girl found

also, do we know the condition of the tires on the car found?

Last edited:
July 10, 2018 - Bowens took Maleah to the ER after she was throwing up blood. Doctors reported Maleah was "extremely lethargic." Maleah was treated and sent home.

July 28, 2018 Maleah was back in the hospital for a cut to her forehead.

August 1, 2018 medical professionals reported she had blood just outside her brain, which could be life threatening. She was brought in after having a seizure.

August 5 (?) 2018 - CPS removes children from home and places with relative (aunt?)

February (?) 2019 - Judge orders children temporarily back with BB & DV with monthly CPS visits until a permanency hearing May 22, 2019

March 19 (?) 2019 - Maleah has brain surgery to fix flap.

April 11, 2019 - BB's father passes away

April 26, 2019 - Last day Maleah was reported at daycare

April 29, 2019 - BB2 states she either talked to or saw Maleah (interview is confusing)

April 30, 2019 - BB flies to MA for father's funeral

May 1 (?), 2019 - DV sent home from work

May 2, 2019 - DV "officially" home with the flu

May 3, 2019 @ 9pm - DV & children abducted

May 4, 2019 @ 12am - BB returns from MA to Bush Airport - BB2 picks her up from the airport. BB stays the night at BB2's home because she did not have apartment keys.

May 4, 2019 Morning - BB & BB2 say they filed police report

May 4, 2019 @ 2:54pm - Nissan seen on Traffic Cam by Cheesecake Factory

May 4, 2019 @ 6pm - DV "wakes" on the side of the road with son and Maleah missing

May 4, 2019 @ 9-10pm - DV and son arrive at Methodist Hospital

May 5, 2019 @ 8:27am - Amber Alert Issued

May 6, 2019 @ 6:30pm - BB & BB2 interviewed by KHOU

May 7, 2019 - DV listed as POI

May 9, 2019 @ 10am - Nissan Found in Missouri City

May 9, 2019 @ 5/6pm - BB & DV banned contact with children via court order.

Map I made: Maleah Map - Google My Maps
Awesome and super helpful, thx!

i apologize if this has been asked. trying to keep up with all the posts, but it seems to move quickly after i go to bed each night.

why on earth would law enforcement allow mom to be on the scene when they found the car? i don't think i've heard of that ever happening before. usually they would shield the parent(s) from any sort of recovery process. right? were they hoping to observe a reaction from her? Moo.

also, do we know the condition of the tires on the car found?
IIRC there was news video of an LEO on scene & he said he didn’t know whether the tires had been changed recently. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. MOO

Watching the recovery live on Thursday, I noted that crime tape was erected before BB arrived at the Missouri City parking lot, and she did not cross the line-- fortunately.

As to why BB was present, she was observed earlier near the TES command center, and I believe she likely followed Tim Miller to the reported location of the vehicle.

IMO, BB had to know that MD was not located with the car when she traveled there.

At this point, after Wed emergency meeting to bar BB/DV contact with the children, I'm sure LE is observing BB and others.

I'm hoping the HPD crime lab was able to process the vehicle Thursday as the weather in Houston is expected to be brutal for the next couple of days.

MOO

I also wonder about Maleah's mother. Wouldn't a normal person, especially with a missing child, begin to question their partner? What is she thinking? If LE considers DV a person of interest, wouldn't she? Is she asking him hard questions? Would she turn him in, or would she not? I am not certain if she is real or if her actions are a performance.

One would think she would be relieved to find her brand new car and see that it wasn't damaged. Surely she didn't think that her daughter would be sitting, waiting for her in the car. I can't pretend to know why she reacted with what seemed like intense grief.

My only thought at seeing her reaction, was that she was privy to something that we didn't know. Did DV agree to watch Maleah for a couple of days, but BB had been told "if she ticks me off she's getting fed to the 'gators"? Did BB know for sure when she saw the car, that DV had murdered her daughter?

Did the police take her to the car so that she would finally stop buying into the Mexican abduction theory and start talking?

The fact that BB is not allowed contact with any of her children speaks volumes to me. Obviously there is much more going on behind the scenes than we are privy to, but for CPS services to remove the children and allow no contact by BB seems pretty significant IMO.

Perhaps the 5 yr old is a witness.

One would think she would be relieved to find her brand new car and see that it wasn't damaged. Surely she didn't think that her daughter would be sitting, waiting for her in the car. I can't pretend to know why she reacted with what seemed like intense grief.

My only thought at seeing her reaction, was that she was privy to something that we didn't know. Did DV agree to watch Maleah for a couple of days, but BB had been told "if she ticks me off she's getting fed to the 'gators"? Did BB know for sure when she saw the car, that DV had murdered her daughter?

Did the police take her to the car so that she would finally stop buying into the Mexican abduction theory and start talking?

BBM for emphasis - If she is innocent and has no knowledge regarding MD's disappearance, she could of placed all of her hope in finding the car. Tim, media, the police all had been focused on finding the car as a huge piece to the puzzle. If she was trying to focus on that hope and using it to hold herself together, then I think it is possible a tidal wave of emotions hit her upon finding the car without any obvious clues as to where MD is.

Last edited:
View attachment 183472

Ok, I tried to blow this pic up. I think the paper plate say June 01 2019 is when it expires, which means the car was purchased May 1st. Maleah was reported missing on the 3rd or maybe before. The timing is really freaking me out. Maybe the evidence is in the old car. MOO
Nosey me went over there yesterday morning since I had an errand to run nearby. You are correct that the paper plate says June 1, 2019 as an expiration date.

I think it is significant, and, of course what we would expect or at least hope for them to do.
I also think that had they had the chance to attend the court hearing, she would not have been given custody since apparently neither parent completed parenting classes as they were instructed to.
If only that court date had come sooner.
I am also still confused about exactly who had physical custody at the time of Maleah's disappearance, since originally we heard she was staying with the parent and boyfriend on a trial basis, while another, more recent article stated that she was residing with an aunt.
I'm not sure if that was an error or whether that was ever cleared up.
So did a relative have temporary physical custody and allow her to visit with her mom for several days, or was she already living with BB and boyfriend?
I really wish we had more information about the court order.
Either way, since CPS had legal custody, its a bit too late to give them credit for deciding not to allow contact with the parents.
They had a professional opinion from a doctor that the child's injuries could not have been caused by the fall that the mother described, as well as a professional opinion that previous injuries were likely caused as a result of physical abuse.
In my opinion, the child should never have been placed in the home so soon, especially while still recovering from the surgery.

We have MSM verification that DV had his son (1yo) while BB was gone. He picked him up from daycare on Friday. He showed up at the hospital with him.

Do we know where the 5yo was during this entire time that BB was gone? Was he even with DV? Or could he have been with his aunt?

I'm sure she didn't care about the condition of her car, she cared about her daughter.
I think she wanted to believe her boyfriend's story, but was already doubting it since he would not return her calls.
I think finding the car confirmed it. She knew he did something to Maleah, that she wasn't kidnapped, and is likely not alive. That would explain her intense grief. It's natural to hold out on hope until there is a reason to believe otherwise. Imo

Was just reading posts about CPS returning kids to the same people that abused or neglected to them and it made me think. Many know I work with rescue animals. So in that line of thinking, if an animal is adopted from the rescues I work with, the rescues have the right to remove the animal for abuse/neglect. Anyone that has an animal removed from them is blacklisted from EVER adopting from that rescue. AND their name is sent to all other area rescues to alert them of the situation. Sometimes there are criminal charges and fines, but the vast majority of the time, our local LE won't do anything. At any rate, those adopters aren't given a second chance by the rescues. Sure they could acquire another animal by facebook, craigslist, etc, and sometimes the rescue hears about it, and secretly monitors the situation. BUT, the point being, for an ANIMAL there isnt' a second chance, yet for a HUMAN CHILD there is numerous chances! It's not right!

And I’ve said many times we all know what happens to a dog that savagely attacks someone. He gets no more chances. Why? Because the risk is too great he will attack again.

This entire event just sickens me. Many of us have been on WS for years, and it's not difficult to figure this out. We could be surprised, I suppose, but once it is determined there are no additional prints in the vehicle, reality will set in with DV. Next step - where is she? Please, God, not alligators.

I don’t think someone needs to be on a forum to figure this out. IMO a terse snippet on HLN is all one needs to hear.
What a ridiculous story he concocted, evidently realizing it was so preposterous he needed to alter it several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni