The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was deployed to Afghanistan (twice) actively engaged in fighting the Taliban in numerous combat missions :cool:

So while I also understand his past behaviour causing outrage & upsetting many, undoubtedly, knowing many, many Squadies personally (& the antics they get up to o_O)
He doesn't get the full respect he deserves.
I think it's all a bit unfair.
And it just kinda bugs me!! ;)
Agree!

I keep hearing Archie & Jughead comments, and I've never heard of them!
Are they well known here in the UK?

You'e never heard of Sabrina the Teen aged witch cartoon, or the song Sugar, Sugar ? Or the Groovy Ghoulies? Betty & Veronica? Reggie? You're missing out! I'm dating myself as a child born around that time, and not sure how well known the Archies were in the UK, but they were very popular here in the US and have been reinvented over the years.

You'e never heard of Sabrina the Teen aged witch cartoon, or the song Sugar, Sugar ? Or the Groovy Ghoulies? Betty & Veronica? Reggie? You're missing out! I'm dating myself as a child born around that time, and not sure how well known the Archies were in the UK, but they were very popular here in the US and have been reinvented over the years.

Apart from Sabrina which I've heard of, the rest are a mystery!!

For those interested Netflix has a 6 episode series called The Royal House of Windsor and how it came to be.

Starts off during WW1 and the anti German sentiment growing in the UK and the decision of George V to change the House name from the House of Saxe, Gotha and Coburg to the House of Windsor.
Later on in the series we learn how Prince Philip wanted his children have his surname, Mountbatten, but this did not sit well with some royals and was initially refused but the debate was revisited when QEII became pregnant for the 3rd time and just days before Prince Andrew was born a compromise was reached. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philips descendants, when needed, would use Mountbatten-Windsor as the family surname.

Nope o_O
I've only heard of Sabrina to be honest lol

IMO Harry really grew up during his stint in Afghanistan and his work in Africa. Between the two I believe this was when he really found himself. He has addressed the mental health issues which contributed to his wild days. I believe given his life experience his maturity is well beyond his years. He should be very proud of himself, for the work he has done and who he is today. These two come from very different backgrounds but I admire their passion for their work and each other. I really think they compliment one another.

Cartoon characters Jughead & Archie:

View attachment 183533

Yes, that's Archie with ginger hair....

I loved the Archie comic books when I was young.
I remember the Archie cartoons and spin offs like Josie and the Pussycats

0e9b04047e409d9341c166f2d552d1b5.jpg

CW network (in America) has a show called Riverdale. It has multiple seasons and am watching on demand. It a dramatized version of the Archie Comics. It is pretty dark. I really like it. Not sure if it can be watched overseas but worth a look. Also, sadly Luke Perry who recently passed was great in the role of Archie's father.

Seeing now that Riverdale has already been mentioned. Sorry, reading while I am working and I guess I am skimming too quickly.

Last edited:
Aww...

I wanted the name Albert for the royal baby after my beloved cat Albert.

Growing up, all my orange tabby cats were called Albert..can't explain why..each time we got a new orange male cat I would look at it and announce he's an Albert LOL
This had nothing to do with the royal family either, just a name that was stuck in my head as a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288