Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he didn’t live in Hull, he previously lived in york.
I was thinking maybe final years in 2017 - the years of his first charges. Given 5 charges in the weeks before Libby disappears I can't believe only 8 in the previous 2 years

I wonder will anything emerge from York? I'd hope police will liaise.

I'd imagine lots of people came forward once his face was in the press on similar charges ..possibly his defence will have a field day with this ..especially the latter charges ..possibly hence the poor sounding "mistaken identity" defence

I think the other interesting thing to emerge here is that one additional charge has provided LE with three extra weeks of pre-hearing preparation as the trial in Sheffield has now been rescheduled for 12th August. I wonder if other similar charges are in the same pipeline. Re the defence's plea of mistaken identity - was this necessary over and above his plea of not guilty? I ask because I've been wondering for a while whether the issue of unfair trial will be raised by the defence. I note that there is something set in June called a pre-hearing review. What might be covered by that? Is that an opportunity, among other things, for the defence to query allegations which may have been made subsequent to his pictures having been plastered across the papers from an early stage? Just wondered.

I think the other interesting thing to emerge here is that one additional charge has provided LE with three extra weeks of pre-hearing preparation as the trial in Sheffield has now been rescheduled for 12th August. I wonder if other similar charges are in the same pipeline. Re the defence's plea of mistaken identity - was this necessary over and above his plea of not guilty? I ask because I've been wondering for a while whether the issue of unfair trial will be raised by the defence. I note that there is something set in June called a pre-hearing review. What might be covered by that? Is that an opportunity, among other things, for the defence to query allegations which may have been made subsequent to his pictures having been plastered across the papers from an early stage? Just wondered.
That must happen quite often. I'd guess here that these crimes were reported at the time tho. In isolation they wouldn't be seen as serious.

Amongst other things it mentioned that the crown will be applying for a multi count indictment in June

90 witnesses for the charges to date? I think t hat t here is a possibilityn though that the defence and prosecution agree that some of those statements of those witnesses can be read out at trial - especially if they say roughly the same thing.

Well - now I don't know....

Fresh charge for Libby Squire abduction suspect Pawel Relowicz

per this article:

Relowicz, wearing grey joggers, a grey top and glasses at Friday's hearing, was remanded in custody on Friday and is due to stand trial on August 12 at Sheffield Crown Court.
[.....]
Judge Mark Bury told Mr Relowicz: “Your trial on this particular charge will take place at the same time as your other charges you deny and that is fixed for 12th August it will take place in Sheffield.

Did I miss something? TIA! :)

Well - now I don't know....

Fresh charge for Libby Squire abduction suspect Pawel Relowicz

per this article:

Relowicz, wearing grey joggers, a grey top and glasses at Friday's hearing, was remanded in custody on Friday and is due to stand trial on August 12 at Sheffield Crown Court.
[.....]
Judge Mark Bury told Mr Relowicz: “Your trial on this particular charge will take place at the same time as your other charges you deny and that is fixed for 12th August it will take place in Sheffield.

Did I miss something? TIA! :)
Nope we're all confused. Original trial date was in July in Sheffield. This new charge came out of the blue. Was he even due in court yesterday? Or was it to present the new charge?

I wonder if the new offence is listed for August, and the cps have to apply for it to be joined to be heard with the other offences in July - or postpone all of them to August. (Apply at pre trial review) There may be some legal reason to it!

I'd imagine lots of people came forward once his face was in the press on similar charges ..possibly his defence will have a field day with this ..especially the latter charges ..p hence the poor sounding "mistaken identity" defence
@JosieJoe PR sounds a real slippery eel.Making all those witnesses that have bravely come forward ( 90!) be put through the ordeal of appearing in court.Hats off to them all for stepping up.Brave souls who like everyone here want justice.
With so many witnesses surely it's not possible for PR to avoid jail time for some of the charges? Even if remand time is taken into account?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member