Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Missing Savannah Facebook post on Saturday morning is quoted below. It is unbelievably sad that so many ADULTS, who apparently never matured enough mentally to conduct themselves with humility and kindness, continue to bully others. Not just online either, but in person! How stressful this must be for her family and friends who are struggling as it is. Good golly!

“I want to talk briefly about noise and speculation. I personally stay out of any of the Savannah speculation groups because of the emotional toll those discussions can take (the reason comments are hidden on this page). These groups have definitely been a tool that has helped keep Savannah's story going in social media. Tips from them are often sent to police to line up with the facts they are finding.

On the flip side, innocent people have been hurt and harassed because of speculation and rumor. As family, we understand that we will be discussed and our tactics to fight for Savannah will be judged. We keep our eyes on God, and do not give negativity any energy. What we do not condone is the harassment of potentially involved people and especially people that have no involvement whatsoever. I know of an innocent person being physically beaten up bc of speculation, and a person with no involvement in Savannah's story at all receiving harassment like crazy. I'm sure there is more that I do not know about.

If you are someone who is encouraging this type of harassment, I ask you to unfollow this page. If you are a supporter who is in these groups, I encourage you to be careful of the mental toll reading all that negativity can take.

We remain #SavannahStrong in a fight fought with integrity, legality, and positivity.”

Missing Savannah

Latest post from the Missing Savannah Facebook page quoted below. You can just hear the pain in these words.

"4 Months. 4 Months of pain and heartache for family and friends and her children. 4 Months of searching without answers. 4 Months hoping to see this smile again. #FindSavannah #SavannahStrong #JusticeforSav

$10,000 Reward expires in 11 days. We believe someone out there has the answer."

Update from the Missing Savannah Facebook page.

Missing Savannah

“We have added a concise description of the night Savannah went missing in addition to where the case currently stands publicly. This is an important write-up that contains some new information. It should help clarify some of the details initially confused (like her purses). As always, you may ask questions. In terms of the case side, I can only answer what has been spoken publicly. Also as always, I do not personally want to be involved in any speculation groups or discussions. #SavannahStrong”

Contents of the note below. There are comments under it on the FB page.

Savannah’s Story

YESTERDAY · PUBLIC

This is the story of Savannah Spurlock, a 23yr old mother missing from Lexington, KY area since January 4, 2019. This is information as of May 7, 2019 that has been released to the public from family and police regarding her case. Savannah went missing at the age of 22, five weeks after giving birth to twins. Her four sons are age 4, 2, and 5 months. At the time she went missing, Savannah lived with her mother Ellen and her younger sister. Savannah attended EKU and intended to study health administration. She was currently taking a break from school due to her pregnancy. Shortly before she went missing, she spoke with her grandmother about her hopes to secure a job and get her own apartment for her and her children. She had been going through a rough time before her disappearance.

The evening of January 4, 2019, Savannah had a female friend over to her home in Richmond, KY. She borrowed her mother’s car around 9pm, and she and her friend traveled to Lexington, KY to meet up with a male friend. It was not uncommon for Savannah to go to Lexington, which is a larger city. Savannah left her mother’s car at the male friend’s home. The three of them traveled in his car to The Other Bar in Lexington by 10:30pm. Savannah left a larger purse in his car that contained keys to her mother’s car, along with other personal items. She carried a small cross body satchel purse into the bar with her. The three friends met new people at the bar that night. Savannah’s male friend needed to be up early the next day, so he decided to leave early. Savannah and her female friend continued to hang out with the new people they had met. At some point later in the evening, Savannah and her female friend got into an argument. Her friend decided to leave The Other Bar, and Savannah decided to stay. Both her male and female friend have been cleared by police.

Around 2:30am Savannah was seen on surveillance leaving The Other Bar with 3 men. Her mother woke up around 3am and realized that Savannah was not yet home. She called Savannah, and Savannah hung up the phone on her. Savannah FaceTimed back a couple minutes later from a moving vehicle and told her mother she was fine. She told Ellen she would be home within the next several hours. Ellen thought that Savannah was in the front seat with 2 people in the back seat hollering at her. Police later determined that Savannah was traveling in the front passenger seat of an SUV, with one male driving and another male, who was in the rear passenger seat. The third male got into a black, Chevy S-10 pickup truck. Savannah did not seem to be in distress at the time of the FaceTime call, although Ellen could tell she was intoxicated.

Police confirmed that Savannah was taken about 40 minutes away from Lexington to a rural house in Garrard County, KY with the three men she had met at the bar. One of the men last seen with Savannah said that she left the home later that morning, but he didn’t specify how. Police have said they cannot confirm his account. Lt. Col Rodney Richardson has said, ”We do know her last location was at a residence in Garrard County," Richardson said. "We were told that she left that location. That's just something we can't confirm right now.” Savannah’s phone last pinged around 8:30am and has not been turned on since. Police are unsure how the phone was turned off.

At this point, Richmond, KY police are leading this investigation as a missing persons case, with the help of KSP and the FBI. The three men’s names have not been released at this time. They were initially questioned and released, but they have also not been cleared in this case. Police have conducted numerous search warrants, including 2 homes in Garrard County. They towed a car from one of those locations. Police have not released any further details to the public since February 7, 2019. Outside of the media attention, police have worked steadily under the radar. This case remains active and detectives are passionate about figuring out the truth. They are protecting details so as not to jeopardize the case.

As family, we feel strongly that the last people seen with her know the full story. And there may be people close to them who also know the full story. We pray that someone will come forward and tell the full truth, so that her children, family, friends, and supporters of her case can properly grieve in her passing or rejoice in her safe return. A $10,000 reward is in place through May 15, 2019. The clock is ticking for someone to be rewarded for doing the right thing.

Contents of the note below. There are comments under it on the FB page.

Savannah’s Story

YESTERDAY · PUBLIC

This is the story of Savannah Spurlock, a 23yr old mother missing from Lexington, KY area since January 4, 2019. This is information as of May 7, 2019 that has been released to the public from family and police regarding her case. Savannah went missing at the age of 22, five weeks after giving birth to twins. Her four sons are age 4, 2, and 5 months. At the time she went missing, Savannah lived with her mother Ellen and her younger sister. Savannah attended EKU and intended to study health administration. She was currently taking a break from school due to her pregnancy. Shortly before she went missing, she spoke with her grandmother about her hopes to secure a job and get her own apartment for her and her children. She had been going through a rough time before her disappearance.

The evening of January 4, 2019, Savannah had a female friend over to her home in Richmond, KY. She borrowed her mother’s car around 9pm, and she and her friend traveled to Lexington, KY to meet up with a male friend. It was not uncommon for Savannah to go to Lexington, which is a larger city. Savannah left her mother’s car at the male friend’s home. The three of them traveled in his car to The Other Bar in Lexington by 10:30pm. Savannah left a larger purse in his car that contained keys to her mother’s car, along with other personal items. She carried a small cross body satchel purse into the bar with her. The three friends met new people at the bar that night. Savannah’s male friend needed to be up early the next day, so he decided to leave early. Savannah and her female friend continued to hang out with the new people they had met. At some point later in the evening, Savannah and her female friend got into an argument. Her friend decided to leave The Other Bar, and Savannah decided to stay. Both her male and female friend have been cleared by police.

Around 2:30am Savannah was seen on surveillance leaving The Other Bar with 3 men. Her mother woke up around 3am and realized that Savannah was not yet home. She called Savannah, and Savannah hung up the phone on her. Savannah FaceTimed back a couple minutes later from a moving vehicle and told her mother she was fine. She told Ellen she would be home within the next several hours. Ellen thought that Savannah was in the front seat with 2 people in the back seat hollering at her. Police later determined that Savannah was traveling in the front passenger seat of an SUV, with one male driving and another male, who was in the rear passenger seat. The third male got into a black, Chevy S-10 pickup truck. Savannah did not seem to be in distress at the time of the FaceTime call, although Ellen could tell she was intoxicated.

Police confirmed that Savannah was taken about 40 minutes away from Lexington to a rural house in Garrard County, KY with the three men she had met at the bar. One of the men last seen with Savannah said that she left the home later that morning, but he didn’t specify how. Police have said they cannot confirm his account. Lt. Col Rodney Richardson has said, ”We do know her last location was at a residence in Garrard County," Richardson said. "We were told that she left that location. That's just something we can't confirm right now.” Savannah’s phone last pinged around 8:30am and has not been turned on since. Police are unsure how the phone was turned off.

At this point, Richmond, KY police are leading this investigation as a missing persons case, with the help of KSP and the FBI. The three men’s names have not been released at this time. They were initially questioned and released, but they have also not been cleared in this case. Police have conducted numerous search warrants, including 2 homes in Garrard County. They towed a car from one of those locations. Police have not released any further details to the public since February 7, 2019. Outside of the media attention, police have worked steadily under the radar. This case remains active and detectives are passionate about figuring out the truth. They are protecting details so as not to jeopardize the case.

As family, we feel strongly that the last people seen with her know the full story. And there may be people close to them who also know the full story. We pray that someone will come forward and tell the full truth, so that her children, family, friends, and supporters of her case can properly grieve in her passing or rejoice in her safe return. A $10,000 reward is in place through May 15, 2019. The clock is ticking for someone to be rewarded for doing the right thing.

It's a wonderful and clear statement that I hope helps people to see Savannah in a less judgmental light while not whitewashing any of the uncomfortable details, as well as really illustrating how unlikely it is that she would have left on her own (at least to me).

It's a wonderful and clear statement that I hope helps people to see Savannah in a less judgmental light while not whitewashing any of the uncomfortable details, as well as really illustrating how unlikely it is that she would have left on her own (at least to me).
It was not so wonderful & clear to me. It was previously reported that SS & her friends ride came to pick them up & SS didn't want to leave. The posted narrative only states they argued & split up. Why not accurately report?

To me it’s clear that Savannah was having a great night... when I was her age i used to get in arguments and tell my friends to get lost if they were trying to get me to go home and I felt it was too early, or if my current company (new friends) were really compelling. I have a feeling that she developed a superficial sort of crush on one of these men and it helped her to bring her walls down and think it was an exciting idea to continue partying to see where this new friendship could go.
I have had countless experiences like this in my early 20s and I just thank the universe nothing ever happened to me... it’s so sad how people take advantage once a slight bond of trust can be felt.

It was not so wonderful & clear to me. It was previously reported that SS & her friends ride came to pick them up & SS didn't want to leave. The posted narrative only states they argued & split up. Why not accurately report?
To me, the difference here is the words used to report, meaning initially, it came from someone other than the original source, such as a reporter or journalist. The wording was their interpretation of what they heard or were told.

The current wording on the Facebook note came from the actual source, the private investigator, who is making a statement of his findings.

I don't believe there is a lot off difference in the two “versions” of events, nor was their intent to deceive or be inaccurate. Just my opinion as always.

Welcome to Websleuths! You can find all main stream media (MSM) links for cases on page 1 of each thread. This current thread is #5 and on page 1 is a synopsis. Happy reading!

Thank you! I have followed this case and know it very well... because I am Savannah’s aunt Lisa. I wrote that statement above and run her missing page. I was asking the other member to link where it was reported that the ride came to pick them up. I believe that has always been opinion vs msm. The statement listed above is not from a private investigator. The Missing Savannah Facebook page is run by family (me) and LostNMissing, Inc. I do not follow any sleuth groups except for this one bc of the respect you have all shown Savannah. So thank u all for that. I have followed from the beginning here but have never gotten involved bc of the incredible emotional toll of such things. Being 4 months out, emotions are raw but not as fried as those first couple weeks.

Thank you! I have followed this case and know it very well... because I am Savannah’s aunt Lisa. I wrote that statement above and run her missing page. I was asking the other member to link where it was reported that the ride came to pick them up. I believe that has always been opinion vs msm. The statement listed above is not from a private investigator. The Missing Savannah Facebook page is run by family (me) and LostNMissing, Inc. I do not follow any sleuth groups except for this one bc of the respect you have all shown Savannah. So thank u all for that. I have followed from the beginning here but have never gotten involved bc of the incredible emotional toll of such things. Being 4 months out, emotions are raw but not as fried as those first couple weeks.
Hi and again, welcome. I hope we can all be of help to you and your family. We would all love to see Savannah home, the sooner the better. I would recommend you click the blue Report link on your post and ask a moderator to set you up as a Verified Insider. That way you can provide information without always needing a social media link. If there is anything any of us can do to assist you, please let us know.

Edit: I was thinking of another case with a PI. My apologies!!

Last edited:
Best friend of missing Savannah Spurlock reveals the mom was left alone after arguing with a friend | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member