Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty confident LE will solve this one and charge the person(s) responsible. Hate to point out the obvious but they have the right people working the case.

Houston Police, towed the Nissan Altima to an HPD lot and continue to look for clues, according to Houston PD Homicide Detective Ken Fregia.
Car belonging to Maleah Davis' family appears 'normal', yields no clues to her disappearance
I am also confident they will solve this fairly quickly. With such a specific story I feel there will be lots of evidence to at least disprove the story. Especially now that the car has been found. Now if they can just find poor little Maleah. :(

100%! And to admit he is responsible is to admit the worst possible scenario for her child. I don’t find it suspicious at all for her to be in denial—at least at first.
My heart breaks for the mom while she may not be mother of the year she didn’t do this.. she went to her fathers funeral she didn’t expect this to happen. The le really need to bring DV in .

I know we've addressed the weather situation but I would like to put in a little perspective into how bad the weather is down there right now. Texas is a deregulation state when it comes to its utilities, so I'm working on getting that together for my household. The company that I wanted to talk to is out of Sugarland and their customer service center is closed due to the flooding. So it HAS to be bad out there right now judging by that response.

Poor girl. I hope they find her and soon. Someone needs to talk and talk now.

Well, if they can’t find him, they can’t serve it.
Idk why his bro does not tell him to “load up, we’re goin’ for a ride” and haul him to the PD. The officer yesterday stated he’d like to speak with him, iirc.
Funny how criminals think they can avoid arrest by hunkering down, lol.
I wish we knew who dropped him off at the ER. It is more likely that it is someone he knew than a stranger. JMO

I wish we knew who dropped him off at the ER. It is more likely that it is someone he knew than a stranger. JMO

I think LE must know by now, surely the hospital has cams all over. Even if someone dropped him way put in the visitor parking lot, I think cams must have captured him.
No stranger stepped forward claiming to drive them.

Regardless of what we think we know about the past, I have empathy for her coming to terms with this. Could be new information down the road changes that.

I agree with you completely. We are not all cut from the same cloth. We do not know what she has been through in life, I am not making excuses for her behavior or actions as a mother but I am saying we all process things differently. I do not think she is directly involved with Maleah's disappearance however I do believe this could have been prevented but I am not here to judge this woman.

As a mother my heart cannot begin to understand what she is going through, on top of that the one person she loved is behind all of this and she gave him the benefit of the doubt by trying to believe his story (even though it's insane).

Whole story is sad!!

I know we've addressed the weather situation but I would like to put in a little perspective into how bad the weather is down there right now. Texas is a deregulation state when it comes to its utilities, so I'm working on getting that together for my household. The company that I wanted to talk to is out of Sugarland and their customer service center is closed due to the flooding. So it HAS to be bad out there right now judging by that response.

It has been very bad. We even had larger than golf ball sized hail last night. All of the schools in the area are closed today. The heavy rain and storms will continue through the weekend with the Brazos River expected to crest on Sunday. Perhaps when the water recedes, clues to Maleah’s location will be revealed.

Oh, Houston is expecting 3more inches of rain over the next few days. Not good.

One would think she would be relieved to find her brand new car and see that it wasn't damaged. Surely she didn't think that her daughter would be sitting, waiting for her in the car. I can't pretend to know why she reacted with what seemed like intense grief.

My only thought at seeing her reaction, was that she was privy to something that we didn't know. Did DV agree to watch Maleah for a couple of days, but BB had been told "if she ticks me off she's getting fed to the 'gators"? Did BB know for sure when she saw the car, that DV had murdered her daughter?

Did the police take her to the car so that she would finally stop buying into the Mexican abduction theory and start talking?

BBM
The first word that came to my mind was histrionics.

Is there any confirmation that DV is in hiding (his brother specifically hiding him)?? I cannot specify what I heard or where due to lack of MSM links and rules here but I am trying to verify.

BB told Nick (CNN) DV was staying with his brother. To find link you will need to go to page 1, I think.

Here @PrincessYoder Brittany Bowens, Maleah’s mother, told HLN’s Nick Valencia that Vence is staying with his brother. Bowens told the reporter, “His story doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t. But in my gut, I believe him. … His story, it don’t sound right…Honestly, I haven’t really talked to him much because I’ve been focused on finding Maleah. I called his family…and he’s devastated. … I’m getting to a place where it’s getting hard for me to cry and I feel guilty about that. It’s getting to a place where I’m starting to feel numb.”

It has to be a friend or family member. Why else would he make up the story about walking unless he didn't want LE questioning the person who dropped him off? That person may be able to provide important information. Imo

This would be the most logical. No need to bring a sick child into a daycare to spread germs further.

There absolutely were suggestions the death was faked or lied about. That only lessened when the obituary was posted multiple times.

The service was 21 days after the death, so the details aren't in the obituary. They were trying to come up with money for a service. Travel arrangements had to be made for out of state people.

It's even possible that two weeks notice was needed for some to get time off work. Maybe I've just had a lot more death in my life but I just see nothing weird about this scenario. We've delayed funerals for a month for all those reasons.

The sister lives in MA and Brittany lives in Texas. So if the picture is faked and Brittany didn't leave, did the sister fly to Texas to fake the picture? How did they both get the shirts?

If these people were smart enough to pull off a fake trip to a funeral, they would have "driven" so flight records couldn't prove them liars. Also they would have stolen actual plates for the car off of an identical car and/or dumped the car in a lake.

I guess I just don't understand the speculation on this point. It seems to be a huge stretch when there is only one named POI and it's not Mom.

Obviously, it's not up to me. I just think there are likely other things we could focus on. Search locations and such, like in Lucas' case.

I think we can agree to disagree. I find it very odd that with a fragile child, so fragile she wasn't well enough to go to daycare the entire week of the service, that perhaps 1)the services could have been postponed further until Maleah was healthier. Or 2)Perhaps something happened to Maleah before her mother left town and the timing of the service happened to tie in nicely to come up with a scenario to take any blame off those caring for Maleah before she went missing.

There is no way I would leave my fragile child to care for the dead. Care for the living first, then pay my respects to the deceased sometime in the future when my child is well.

We haven't determined a time when Maleah was alive and well after the 26th, when she was last seen at dc.

BBM
The first word that came to my mind was histrionics.

It was uncomfortable watching that video, honestly my read was she was playing it up for the camera. I'm not being snarky and I do have a level of compassion for her, but a lot of what I've seen doesn't seem genuine. But then again, what is a person in her shoes "supposed" to act like? I'm Flip-Floppping along in this case.

I hope this is ok to post. In watching the video in this link, I saw that MD was with her CD July 4th through 8th. In the documents they show on the video it's in there that there was a video on the iPad that they had in the hospital. The video was of Maleah and her cousins fighting. I wonder if the rough housing had actually causes the vomitting of blood and even an initial head injury. Maybe an older cousin was too rough? This might explain why BB and CD couldn't explain the injury.

There's other interesting stuff in the documents they show. I paused it and read through them.

Mom, stepdad of Maleah Davis banned from contact with all their children, court rules

But then again, what is a person in her shoes "supposed" to act like? I'm Flip-Floppping along in this case.
SBM for focus. I feel you. I have not had much to say about that end of things, keeping my focus on DV, because frankly, there isn't much I can say at this point. Maybe later, if info comes out that prompts me to land somewhere. Til then I'm just over here keeping my peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44