GUILTY GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests* #2

I am very curious to know their Birth Dates Christopher and Cortney
because being from the same family and first cousin's,I am curious to know
how big is the birth date differences?
I know Cortney is 1 year older ( at the time of the arrests)
Since the parents are siblings,it is a subject a few other people who are discussing this case with me asked.
I said I would ask in this forum.
Thank you for your help .
In that last interview with Cortney she said she was 24. I don't know what her BD is though. That is the January 7, 2018 on page 16. I am not sure how old Chris is.

Cortney Bell Police Interview #3 Transcript January 7 2018.pdf

COVINGTON, Ga. — In an interview with police roughly two months after his daughter was found dead, Chris McNabb told police he’d heard of someone who might have killed her, and that she was murdered because someone had put a hit on him.

The investigator did not appear to put much stock in the theory.

In a long, sometimes rambling interview with investigator Jeff Alexander of the Newton County Sheriff’s Office in Dec. 2017, McNabb said he’d heard that his 15-day old child was killed by a man he knew.

Chris McNabb searched for exoneration in police interview two months after infant daughter's death

Since the parents are siblings,it is a subject a few other people who are discussing this case with me asked.
Siblings I thought they were cousins.

Siblings I thought they were cousins.
This article says they are actually cousins.

Verify: Are parents on trial for murdering two-week-old first cousins?

The original story continues below:

Pamela Hamby, Bell’s mother, testified in court on Wednesday that she is also the sister of Michael McNabb, Christopher McNabb’s father.

That sequence went as follows:

Prosecution: “Is Cortney Bell one of (your children)?”

Hamby: “Yes.”

Prosecution: “Are you related to Chris McNabb?”

Prosecution: “How are you related to him?”

Hamby: “I’m his aunt.”

Prosecution: “So is his father Michael McNabb your brother?”

Prosecution: “Did you raise Cortney?”

Hamby: “No.”

Prosecution: “Who raised her?”

Hamby: “Her grandparents and her dad.”

So, yes, by Hamby’s testimony, she is both the mother of Cortney Bell and aunt of Christopher McNabb – making them cousins.

The only info on the jail roster is that McNabb's birth year is 1990 and Bell's is 1993.
Inmate Information

COVINGTON, Ga. — In an interview with police roughly two months after his daughter was found dead, Chris McNabb told police he’d heard of someone who might have killed her, and that she was murdered because someone had put a hit on him.

The investigator did not appear to put much stock in the theory.

In a long, sometimes rambling interview with investigator Jeff Alexander of the Newton County Sheriff’s Office in Dec. 2017, McNabb said he’d heard that his 15-day old child was killed by a man he knew.

Chris McNabb searched for exoneration in police interview two months after infant daughter's death

Oh FFS. Not only did some unknown guy put a hit on him it was an important guy. SMH.

And talk about leakage. He says: “Whoever did it is a meth head.” He says:
"... I always go to the woods … that was the first place I’d go on foot if I felt like I was in trouble or something.”

True that.

Oh FFS. Not only did some unknown guy put a hit on him it was an important guy. SMH.

And talk about leakage. He says: “Whoever did it is a meth head.” He says:
"... I always go to the woods … that was the first place I’d go on foot if I felt like I was in trouble or something.”

True that.
I kept thinking listening to the interrogation tape today that he was talking about himself. I don't think McNabb was listening to what he was saying. IYKWIM lol

Chris, Cortney, Steve Hamby, Cortney's half brother by Pam, (his partner Lauren testified) he and Gerald Craig Weatherford, who testified and is Cortney's cousin by her dad, are all in jail together right now. Quite the crew!

Mother Pam last arrest: Newton County Jail Log: Dec. 25, 2018 "was arrested Dec. 24 and charged with theft by receiving stolen property and was arrested Dec. 25 and charged with surety bonds and real property bonds as security.

Newton County Police Blotter Previus arrest: " 44, possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute, possession of methamphetamine, maintaining a disorderly house"

This is a tragic mess. So at one point in Mcnabbs story he said he walked out on the porch to feed the baby a bottle. I wonder if that's when he killed the baby. I'm a little confused and catching up. What is the theory on what happened? just freaked out on Meth?

This is a tragic mess. So at one point in Mcnabbs story he said he walked out on the porch to feed the baby a bottle. I wonder if that's when he killed the baby. I'm a little confused and catching up. What is the theory on what happened? just freaked out on Meth?

IMO I am not sure who murdered the baby or if it was an accident. He hid her- for sure. Both know exactly what happened- for sure. BUT, with the lack of evidence of the murder itself, capital murder on Chris is going to be harder to prove. He was texting a girl that ended at 9:48. I have seen the texts on SM. Did she get mad and do something? Or did he do it? Totally unsure. I think it was an accident and I question her more than most folks. Total Rumor and hearsay is she got mad and threw something aimed at Chris and hit the baby. I look for one of them to snap and tell near the end. All of this just IMO.

IMO I am not sure who murdered the baby or if it was an accident. He hid her- for sure. Both know exactly what happened- for sure. BUT, with the lack of evidence of the murder itself, capital murder on Chris is going to be harder to prove. He was texting a girl that ended at 9:48. I have seen the texts on SM. Did she get mad and do something? Or did he do it? Totally unsure. I think it was an accident and I question her more than most folks. Total Rumor and hearsay is she got mad and threw something aimed at Chris and hit the baby. I look for one of them to snap and tell near the end. All of this just IMO.
Welcome Lea62!

IMO if Cortney threw something at Chris and it missed and hit Caliyah then it must have been the kitchen sink! After listening to the ME's testimony on the damage to Caliyah's poor head I can't think of anything that Cortney could lift that would cause those injuries.

@Niner

I believe all we saw yesterday was interrogation tapes.

Investigator Cpl Jeff Alexander with Bell after Caliyah was found.

Alexander with McNabb after Caliyah was found.

Alexander with McNabb in Dec 2018 when McNabb requested to speak to Alexander again.

The other attorneys cross examined Alexander.

Adjourned until Monday. Time probably 9:30 am which is what they have been starting.

One thing I don’t understand is why did they call 911 and Chris was in the woods still? Wouldn’t it have been wiser to call when he was back? I mean none of this makes sense but it’s something that just bothers me.

One thing I don’t understand is why did they call 911 and Chris was in the woods still? Wouldn’t it have been wiser to call when he was back? I mean none of this makes sense but it’s something that just bothers me.
Perhaps they called 911 as a coverup. They knew Caliyah wasn't kidnapped and they harmed her. I am like you why didn't they wait until Chris was back. I am not sure they were able to think things out due to the influence of the drugs. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back