Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can narrow it down to morning. SPECULATION: I think maybe he took BB to the airport and picked up Maleah on the way home. I don't know, we'll have to see what shakes out.

Ex-fiance of missing girl's mom in custody, charged with evidence tampering: Source
A law enforcement source also tells Eyewitness News that Maleah was last seen alive on surveillance video in her family's apartment complex on April 30, the same day her mother left for a funeral. Cameras captured Vence bringing her back into their family apartment that morning.

Following that morning, investigators say he was never seen with her.
Daycare confirmed the last day she was in attendance was 4/26/19.

not sure. I am not even sure if it is confirmed that he took her to the airport. DId she fly out on Monday or Tuesday? If so were the children at daycare? He is seen returning to the apartment with Maleah but no mention of him being with he and BB's toddler son. So did he go get her early from daycare on the 30th or keep her home but take son to daycare that day?
SBM.

BB flew out on Tuesday, 4/30. Maleah was last at daycare on April 26.

‘The center’s records show Maleah was last there on April 26.” 'I miss Maleah' | Preschool friends are asking about missing 4-year-old

Houston Police on Twitter
Replacing previous tweet with better link: Charges have been filed against the step-father of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis. Full details here: UPDATE: Suspect Arrested, Charged in Missing Child Investigation – City of Houston | Newsroom No additional information is available at this time nor are investigators available for interviews. #hounews
5:45 PM - 11 May 2019

CITY OF HOUSTON BULLETIN
UPDATE: Suspect Arrested, Charged in Missing Child Investigation – City of Houston | Newsroom
MAY 11, 2019
Charges have been filed against a suspect arrested in the disappearance of a child reportedly abducted about 9 p.m. on Saturday (May 4).

The suspect, Derion Vence (b/m, 26), is charged with tampering with evidence in the 180th State District Court. He is the step-father of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis. A photo of suspect Vence is not available at this time.

HPD Homicide Division Sergeant J. Horn, Detective K. McDonald and Officer J. Escobar reported:

Suspect Vence reported to police that on May 4, he was en route to George Bush Intercontinental Airport when he heard a sound that made him think his silver Nissan Altima had a flat tire. He pulled over on the Eastex Freeway (North U.S. Highway 59) near Greens Road. Vence told police Maleah was then taken by three Hispanic males in their 30s, driving a 2010 blue Chevrolet crew cab pickup truck. Due to injuries he said he suffered during the abduction, he reportedly lost consciousness for about 24 hours, regaining it on Sunday (May 5). He said he found himself on foot in Sugar Land and walked to Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital for treatment. He then reported Maleah missing.

Although Vence reported his silver Nissan Altima was taken in the abduction, surveillance video showed someone in that Nissan Altima dropped Vence off at the Methodist Sugar Land Hospital on May 5.

Also, blood evidence obtained from Vence’s apartment has been linked to Maleah. Vence was also observed carrying a full laundry basket from the apartment.

On Thursday, Vence’s silver Nissan Altima was recovered in Missouri City, Texas. The laundry basket was found in the trunk of the Nissan along with a gas can.

Today (Saturday, May 11), members of the Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Task Force arrested Vence without incident at a relative’s home in Sugar Land.

Anyone with information on this case, the whereabouts of Maleah Davis, or who knows who sold the gas can (pictured below) to Vence is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

Any/all updates on this story will be disseminated on our HPD Twitter page.

gascan1-225x300.jpg
gascan2-146x300.jpg

Last edited:
I think to burn a body though it would take days to do if he was doing it with gasoline, people have been put in houses that were burned down and their bodies were charred, but still in tact. I don’t think you can burn bones either. This is not the outcome we wanted, but we need a body now. With no bond, I’m wondering what all else they know.

I doubt DV is aware (or was) about burning bodies. If that’s what he tried.

BB had her family posting pics of him yesterday saying he was missing and very dangerous. Now, I know why: to back up her claims from her puppet show. MOO

I don't buy for a second that she was "afraid" of him !
From the look of it she could 'whoop' his *advertiser censored**.
She had one job... to protect her children from him. She couldn't even do that.

Interesting, so she would have been covered under an IFSP, eligible for Special Education Services for children under age 6. Which, if I am not mistaken, will be an additional enhancement to the charges, when and if DV is charged with more charges in relation to Maleah.

Abusing a child under age 6, and abusing a child with a disability.

Texas....don't mess with Texas!
Hi, something I've missed but is it definite the poor girl was abused? I've seen lots of posts referring to it. Just wondered how this is known.

I think they need to be thinking body of water for the body or wooded area secluded. The gas can may not be involved or gas may have been used to burn evidence but not the body. I am heartbroken hoping that little brother didn't witness stuff that will haunt later in life :(
Maybe the gas can was to keep handy in case he needed a ' ran out of gas' excuse before he came up with the brilliant tale he spun.

BB had her family posting pics of him yesterday saying he was missing and very dangerous. Now, I know why: to back up her claims from her puppet show. MOO
Iirc she’s the one that told media he was staying with his brother. How that equates to missing is beyond me.
Killing a child under age 10, is Capital Murder. LWOP. or DP.

Perfect. He’ll have lotsa time to write rap.

Hi, something I've missed but is it definite the poor girl was abused? I've seen lots of posts referring to it. Just wondered how this is known.

He has not yet been charged, but we can conclude at this point, that Maleah is more than likely not alive. I wrote "abused", but if we conclude that she is indeed "dead", that would be a charge of Capital Murder, killing a child under age 6.

He isn't going to get bail. He isn't going anywhere.

I think they need to be thinking body of water for the body or wooded area secluded. The gas can may not be involved or gas may have been used to burn evidence but not the body. I am heartbroken hoping that little brother didn't witness stuff that will haunt later in life :(
Or maybe he had the gas can so he could drive and dispose of her body far away without having to stop for gas. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member