Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston Police on Twitter
Replacing previous tweet with better link: Charges have been filed against the step-father of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis. Full details here: UPDATE: Suspect Arrested, Charged in Missing Child Investigation – City of Houston | Newsroom No additional information is available at this time nor are investigators available for interviews. #hounews
5:45 PM - 11 May 2019

CITY OF HOUSTON BULLETIN
UPDATE: Suspect Arrested, Charged in Missing Child Investigation – City of Houston | Newsroom
MAY 11, 2019
Charges have been filed against a suspect arrested in the disappearance of a child reportedly abducted about 9 p.m. on Saturday (May 4).

The suspect, Derion Vence (b/m, 26), is charged with tampering with evidence in the 180th State District Court. He is the step-father of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis. A photo of suspect Vence is not available at this time.

HPD Homicide Division Sergeant J. Horn, Detective K. McDonald and Officer J. Escobar reported:

Suspect Vence reported to police that on May 4, he was en route to George Bush Intercontinental Airport when he heard a sound that made him think his silver Nissan Altima had a flat tire. He pulled over on the Eastex Freeway (North U.S. Highway 59) near Greens Road. Vence told police Maleah was then taken by three Hispanic males in their 30s, driving a 2010 blue Chevrolet crew cab pickup truck. Due to injuries he said he suffered during the abduction, he reportedly lost consciousness for about 24 hours, regaining it on Sunday (May 5). He said he found himself on foot in Sugar Land and walked to Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital for treatment. He then reported Maleah missing.

Although Vence reported his silver Nissan Altima was taken in the abduction, surveillance video showed someone in that Nissan Altima dropped Vence off at the Methodist Sugar Land Hospital on May 5.

Also, blood evidence obtained from Vence’s apartment has been linked to Maleah. Vence was also observed carrying a full laundry basket from the apartment.

On Thursday, Vence’s silver Nissan Altima was recovered in Missouri City, Texas. The laundry basket was found in the trunk of the Nissan along with a gas can.

Today (Saturday, May 11), members of the Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Task Force arrested Vence without incident at a relative’s home in Sugar Land.

Anyone with information on this case, the whereabouts of Maleah Davis, or who knows who sold the gas can (pictured below) to Vence is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

Any/all updates on this story will be disseminated on our HPD Twitter page.

gascan1-225x300.jpg
gascan2-146x300.jpg
Hmm...someone dropped him off at the hospital on May 5th? When did her flight get in? Was it the night before on May 4th?

That is interesting. I wonder what her cell phone records show. Was Maleah alive when she left?

I was gone a few weeks ago, I called home several times, we Skyped, and this was to converse with a cat and 2 dogs.

How often did Maleah's Mother call to talk or Skype with her child? What about the "24 hours" when DV states he was "unconscious"? I know this much, if I couldn't have reached our pet sitter for EIGHT HOURS, I would have followed up with neighbors to check on our dogs. And this is DOGS! Not a CHILD!

We all have so many questions and not enough answers. I know one thing, the answers we’re getting don’t add up.
It’s disgusting!

I will be curious to find out why they haven't charged DV with murder. They have evidence of violence and an attempt to clean up. Plus the charge of evidence tampering. Maybe he wasn't the only one in that apartment. This could turn into a he said she said. More like he killed she killed.
I don't think he did this alone.

So BB returned on the Friday night close to midnight and Vence showed up to the hospital Saturday night right? What was the story about what BB was doing during that time again?

I’m guessing driver was his brother, just trying to think if BB could have potentially driven him or not.

S&BBM I just KNEW they would find video of him being dropped off. So clearly another individual is involved in this coverup. I wonder how long til he rolls on that individual.

Now I wonder who that was? Everyone kept saying he was with his brother this whole time. Sure hope it wasn't his family, that person is going to potentially also face charges.

So BB returned on the Friday night close to midnight and Vence showed up to the hospital Saturday night right? What was the story about what BB was doing during that time again?

I’m guessing driver was his brother, just trying to think if BB could have potentially driven him or not.

That is what I’m wondering. She reported them missing Saturday and covered for him until he stopped responding to her.

That is what I’m wondering. She reported them missing Saturday and covered for him until he stopped responding to her.

I’m trying to keep everything straight but it’s hard because BB and BB2s stories haven’t exactly matched with LE’s version.

BB and BB2 said that BB tried to file a missing person report and then when no one heard back from LE, BB2 went to police station and filled out more forms (sounds weird to me and I work in the field) but LE said no missing person report had actually been officially filed, is that right?

Houston police said the 26-year-old was taken into custody Saturday at a relative's home in Sugar Land by the Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Task Force.

While the charge states "tampering with evidence, namely a corpse," law enforcement officials have not yet confirmed whether the girl died. However, investigators do not think Maleah is still alive.

A law enforcement source also tells Eyewitness News that Maleah was last seen alive on surveillance video in her family's apartment complex on April 30, the same day her mother left town for a funeral. Cameras captured Vence bringing her back into their family apartment that morning.

Following that morning, investigators say he was never seen with her.

On May 3, cameras captured Vence leaving the apartment with his 1-year-old son, a laundry basket, and a black trash bag inside. Police stated there is blood evidence from the apartment linked to Maleah.

Ex-fiance of missing girl's mom in custody, charged with evidence tampering

I’m trying to keep everything straight but it’s hard because BB and BB2s stories haven’t exactly matched with LE’s version.

BB and BB2 said that BB tried to file a missing person report and then when no one heard back from LE, BB2 went to police station and filled out more forms (sounds weird to me and I work in the field) but LE said no missing person report had actually been officially filed, is that right?

Sounds like someone wanted to make sure Maleah had not been reported missing for as long as possible. But BB2, the Grandmother (?), was the one who wanted to make sure Maleah was reported missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23