UNSOLVED NJ - Fair Lawn, Mysterious pile of sliced-up women’s clothes found in woods, Mar 2019

All of the posts above include excellent theories. I hope we get to know what happened some day. The pile of cut clothing and the stains certainly seem ominous, that is for sure.

Abandoning logic for a moment, I still can't shake the pondering if this was some sort of a prank. However, the clothing were found in a rather remote spot, correct? If that is the case, it would dismiss the notion of a prank, since discoverability of the clothes would be key to the prank.

Without being disrespectful, it just seems that someone with a seemingly petite pant size vs. the rather healthy bra size would be memorable, and more easily identified.

This is an odd one for sure.

All of the posts above include excellent theories. I hope we get to know what happened some day. The pile of cut clothing and the stains certainly seem ominous, that is for sure.

Abandoning logic for a moment, I still can't shake the pondering if this was some sort of a prank. However, the clothing were found in a rather remote spot, correct? If that is the case, it would dismiss the notion of a prank, since discoverability of the clothes would be key to the prank.

Without being disrespectful, it just seems that someone with a seemingly petite pant size vs. the rather healthy bra size would be memorable, and more easily identified.

This is an odd one for sure.

I have to be honest, I was the same size as this person in my teens and 20s. Not so much in my 30s though lol. Anyway, quite a few of my girlfriends are/were very similar to this size as well. On paper it might seem like it’d be memorable but I don’t think it’s too unusual.

Thanks for posting the pictures of the shirt again. There are a couple I hadn't seen. The black area kind of looks like it might have been used as a rag for working on a motor or maybe a bike, to remove some sort of cleaner or fluid that ate away at the cloth.

Maybe some mice were nesting in the shirt, and chewed those holes in it.

A thought I had...

What if the clothing was removed by someone at a funeral home? Bagged and put out to the dumpster? When my husband passed away he was sent straight to a funeral home. His clothing was never returned. Most people would go through the autopsy process, but not all do. If someone had cancer and passed away in a natural setting they may not. There could still be body fluids, including blood, that could have caused some of the stains seen here. I am sure there is other cases where an autopsy is not required, depending on the state. What is their training for removing clothes? Anyone know someone in this line of work?

I think I would definitely look at my backyard differently from that point on, if I was to find something like this out there. Creepy!

Where is Lanessa Roosa?

But one compelling lead came all the way from New Jersey, Jordan said.

A pile of clothing found in a woods near a New Jersey highway exactly match the outfit Roosa was wearing when she disappeared – right down to her bra size, green Polo T-shirt and the brand of jeans she liked, Jordan said.

The Highland County Sheriff’s Office is waiting to obtain the clothes from the New Jersey State Police, Jordan said, hoping to find traces of DNA. No shoes were found with the clothing.

Where is Lanessa Roosa? - Times Gazette
===

Lanessa's thread - OH - OH - Lanessa Roosa, 21, arrested, left hospital, fell from motel ceiling, Hillsboro, 1 Jan 2019

FB post about the cloth - Unidentified And Missing People

however these clothes got there.. it wasn't like it was right off of rt 80. Someone purposely turned off of rt 80 and drove for a little bit before discarding the clothes. I wonder if her body is somewhere near where her clothes were found.

Finally.. but I did notice thy said she was wearing blue leggings according to the beginning of her ws thread, the 1st article. Certainly worth the tests. Hopefully some resolution either way. The jeans didn't strike me as being similar in appearance to leggings but, if she started her monthly (& the panty liner in the thong found makes it possible she started wearing leggings & changing clothes a possibility) she may have changed into the jeans. According to her mom they were her favorite brand. Bless her heart she'd been through hell & she just couldnt seem to keep it together or stay safe. When she finally would there the law was again. Praying for her and the family.
"..Barrera said that after clearing the scene, the investigating officer spent about 30 minutes driving around the area and asking local residents if they had seen a girl wearing a green shirt and blue leggings, but no one reported seeing her..."

Just my gut feeling and wild speculation but I have a feeling that the presence of sliced up clothes in such a manner suggests to me that something very suspicious had been going on.....:(

I'm totally enthralled and personally think foul play was involved. The stains look an awful lot like dried blood to me.

But I have a (not very helpful) question. Who on earth wears panty liners in a thong??!! Every woman I know would change into cotton bikinis/briefs if they needed to wear a liner. Not much fabric to line on a thong. Kinda makes me think this was a teenager :(

I'm totally enthralled and personally think foul play was involved. The stains look an awful lot like dried blood to me.

But I have a (not very helpful) question. Who on earth wears panty liners in a thong??!! Every woman I know would change into cotton bikinis/briefs if they needed to wear a liner. Not much fabric to line on a thong. Kinda makes me think this was a teenager :(

Always brand makes panty liners that are thong shaped. I'm in my 30s and I know a lot of women who use them.

Wow, that's really bizarre.

It's almost ten hours to drive from Hillsboro OH to Fair Lawn NJ: Google Maps

I'm willing to bet her body is somewhere along that route.

Of coursse I've been wrong before.

That's something else. But considering the absence of shoes with the clothes . . . It sounds like a good match on paper.

Where did the thong idea come from? I can't see a thong. If that is a panty liner it stretches from an area of a triangular piece of fabric (front area if this is any type of underwear) to an area of scrunched-up fabric we can't see the width of, but it sure looks wider than a thong.
The piece also has one of those little metal round things I've only seen in bras and bikini tops, that helps hold straps together, sometimes help you to adjust length.
Skärmavbild 2019-05-13 kl. 18.37.46.png Skärmavbild 2019-05-13 kl. 18.38.50.png

Last edited:
I think it's because the dark blue fabric has been sliced or ripped away from the lighter blue edging material, which has also been cut in a couple of places, so it's not in the shape of underwear at all, just a tangle.

It could even be one of the style that has the double straps around the hips.

I think it's because the dark blue fabric has been sliced or ripped away from the lighter blue edging material, which has also been cut in a couple of places, so it's not in the shape of underwear at all, just a tangle.

It could even be one of the style that has the double straps around the hips.

Wish I hadn't brought it up now to be honest, some person decided to wear it at one point, and if other people believe it's a thong or not is not important. It was an issue on a FB post with people questioning her personal choice. It's not going to help anyone find the person the clothing belonged to.
Thank you very much for your input though, carbuff!

I do want to say though that if Lanessa really wore a top like that, I think it's a very unusual one.
I tried finding it online, etsy, ebay, outlets etc. Similar colours but not this exact one.
Her case is really strange. But so are these clothes in the woods.

Someone suggested the staining on the bra could have been rust from the underwire. I think it's a good suggestion, but I don't think it's the case.

IMO, the staining on the bra and shirt line up. The cut marks on the bra/shirt and pants/underwear line up too. It looks like the staining happened while someone was wearing the clothes and then they were all cut off a person at the same time, not cut up after they were removed.

Someone suggested the staining on the bra could have been rust from the underwire. I think it's a good suggestion, but I don't think it's the case.

IMO, the staining on the bra and shirt line up. The cut marks on the bra/shirt and pants/underwear line up too. It looks like the staining happened while someone was wearing the clothes and then they were all cut off a person at the same time, not cut up after they were removed.

As I remember local police believed the stains may have been from just nature doing it's thing, and initially said they wouldn't have the clothes tested as there was no proof of a crime.
I hope the clothes are in a lab right now.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back