Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone read/see (in MSM) if dogs hit on the car? I'm so angry with the mother. Took a nap today and was dreaming of little Maleah. How horrid for that tiny little one to be left alone with him. Imagine her fear.

And the judge? We may never know these details, I used to think that a judge would look to CPS's recommendations. I personally would like to know if the judge went against or upheld CPS 'safety plan'.
They usually look at CPS's suggestions, and especially, a doctor's statement very seriously. There was a professional opinion that Maleah's injury could not have occurred the way the mother described. The doctor found evidence of previous physical abuse. The grandmother asked that the judge not place the child back in the home.
The judge allowed the children back in the home before any parenting classes or counseling could be completed.
Maleah was in the custody of CPS when she went missing.
There is a huge amount of negligence involved in this case. Imo

Stefania Okolie on Twitter
SCRATCHES: These are the injuries Maleah Davis’s stepdad showed up to the hospital with claiming he was knocked out for 24 hrs due to an assault. SCRATCHES, AND A FEW CUTS. We now have questionable images of him from BEFORE the attack. #Abc13 CLICK LINK https://abc13.com/5294616/
D6PDglzW0AEnpwJ.jpg
D6PDgl1XkAItt0h.jpg
D6PDglzWAAMJQtn.jpg
D6PDglyWAAA8-aR.jpg

4:16 PM - 10 May 2019

And none bled through that white shirt. And two hispanic men sure fight like girls when beating up a grown man.

not sure. I am not even sure if it is confirmed that he took her to the airport. DId she fly out on Monday or Tuesday? If so were the children at daycare? He is seen returning to the apartment with Maleah but no mention of him being with he and BB's toddler son. So did he go get her early from daycare on the 30th or keep her home but take son to daycare that day?

Is Maleah's little brother one or two? I have seen him reported as both. Wondering if he is at all verbal. Where did he think his sissy was for all those days he and daddy were alone if she was killed on the 30th? So many questions.

Okay so Day care says she was last there on the 26th of April. So she clearly wasn't at daycare when mom flew out to MA on Tuesday the 30th. Video shows Dv with Maleah returning to the apartment sometime Tuesday morning (3oth). Where was little brother? Was he in that video but just not mentioned? Or somewhere else? So confused. So many things I wish we had a clearer timeline.

Maleah's little brother turns 2 next week.

It is sounding to me like Derion returned to the apartment with Maleah AFTER taking the baby to daycare. I suspect that's what will ultimately come out.

I think that's likely what was being referred to by QX, by Derion returning with Maleah instead of taking her to daycare.

It may be that he went to the daycare and dropped off one child, but not two. Not that he actually took her OUT of daycare early.

So I guess he wasn’t hiding after all. I wonder if he has an attorney. He had time to search for one. I still can’t believe no one was worried about MD till Saturday. And the older boy was still home, I’m sure he saw something....I believe he has been with DV family all week...Brainwashed..MOO

The oldest boy was not home and is not with DV's family. He and Maleah are full siblings.

The oldest boy was with his father and I believe is with his father's family now. But he's definitely not with DV's family. The baby boy, is with DV's family. Both are with the paternal side.

Last night there was a rumor going around about the basket and gas can. Searchers have been instructed to look for signs of recent fire. He may have destroyed evidence by burning.

Which would be royally stupid.... I mean just drive to a dumpster. Fire attracts attention and with the rain it wouldn't have been easy. Though I guess not dangerous either.

Or maybe he had the gas can so he could drive and dispose of her body far away without having to stop for gas. Imo

One 2 gallon gas can isn't going to help much there. Should have gotten a bigger one if that was the purpose.

Yes it was not $1. DG & FD prob do not hand write tags, they are a national chain, I think. Bet he bought it at a gas station, prob had to fill the car up too.

I have purchased a 2 gallon gas can at a gas station that had a hand written tag. I'm betting that's where it came from.

HPD: Blood evidence linked to Maleah Davis found in stepfather's apartment
Blood evidence obtained from the apartment of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis' estranged stepfather has been linked to the girl, according to Houston police detectives.

[...]

HPD detectives say in addition to blood evidence linked to Maleah being found at the apartment, Vence was also seen carrying a laundry basket from the apartment.

Vence's silver Nissan Altima was recovered in Missouri City on Thursday.

The laundry basket was found in the trunk of the Nissan along with a gas can, according to HPD.

[...]

Mariha Smith. :(

That’s a typo. I think they meant to type “666” there ;)

JK

I thought the same thing... if they are going to enter random numbers.... but I think it's auto filled.

I've read a few things about an "intervention" filed by the grandmother. I apologize for being our of the loop. I jump on whenever I can but I miss things from time to time. Can someone tell me about this, or where to look for it? TIA

The emergency hearing that took place on Wednesday seems to have been precipitated at least in part by BB2 filing a motion. That hearing is when the court decided that 1. Big Brother would stay with paternal aunt, 2. Little Brother would remain with paternal grandmother, 3. If found alive, Maleah would be placed with paternal aunt also, and 4. BB2 and DV were not to have any contact with any of the children.

Cheryl Mercedes at KHOU (maybe other sources also by now) have also reported that at the time in February when the kids were returned to BB's household, BB2 filed a motion to prevent this from happening (and was denied).

I also remember seeing in the last 12 hours that BB2 has been attempting to get custody of both brothers, but I am not sure if that's different than the motion from Wednesday, or if she's still trying to make that happen.

@haven71

You had a lot of good questions. I have another one, when I had small children, if I had to leave town, they came with me. I guess I don't understand why BB didn't take her children with her, especially since she was going to see family.

And, why would anyone leave their children with a man who had previously abused them, as she stated after Maleah was missing? If someone touched my children, they would be gone. I can't even wrap my head around that.

Probably unrelated but someone intentionally set fire to beehives in Alvin, TX on May 2:
More than 500,000 bees killed in Texas arson attack

Alvin is not far from Sugar Land/Houston.
Have there been any searches in that area? I know it's before the laundry basket video but perhaps Vence scouted out a place to dump her body first and saw the bees. Perhaps he wanted to get rid of the beehives to make it easier to access an area. All those scratches on him look like he went through a bunch of thick brush and got cut up. That could happen while running from bees after knocking over a hive. MOO.

In the warrant, which KHOU 11 has not yet obtained, Houston police investigators outlined how Vence was seen on a neighbor's security camera the day before Maleah was reported missing carrying a blue laundry basket and a large trash bag out of their apartment. They said he was also seen carrying cleaning supplies, including bleach.

The day after she was reported missing, detectives went into the apartment and saw drops of blood on the carpet near the bathroom, detectives said in the warrant.

When the car Vence was reportedly driving at the time he claimed he was attacked was found on Friday, a laundry basket was found inside. Police K-9 dogs at the scene reacted to the trunk of the car, indicating that the dogs were responding to the scent of human decomposition.

A court-appointed attorney requested Vence's bond be set at $5,000, however the judge said that due to the nature of the case and a "significant concern that Mr. Vence will not appear in court," she set his bond at $1 million.
Judge sets $1 million bond for stepfather charged in Maleah Davis disappearance

@haven71

You had a lot of good questions. I have another one, when I had small children, if I had to leave town, they came with me. I guess I don't understand why BB didn't take her children with her, especially since she was going to see family.

And, why would anyone leave their children with a man who had previously abused them, as she stated after Maleah was missing? If someone touched my children, they would be gone. I can't even wrap my head around that.

Exactly. Your questions fall into my “If only she would’ve...” taken the children with her. Or left them with someone responsible. Or broke up with the guy in the first place...

So many things she should’ve done but didn’t. :(

When the car Vence was reportedly driving at the time he claimed he was attacked was found on Friday, a laundry basket was found inside. Police K-9 dogs at the scene reacted to the trunk of the car, indicating that the dogs were responding to the scent of human decomposition.

Judge sets $1 million bond for stepfather charged in Maleah Davis disappearance

Bet either this or the sight of the gas can is what made BB open the police car door she was sitting in and vomit.

I hope she never knows another day in her life without at least that level of pain and guilt.

I’m done. Knowing the outcome does not soften the blow. Maleah. Maleah. Maleah!!!! No one fought for her!!! Until now. So much love to all of US at WS. Always sleuthing, always fighting through the pain.....Rest easy baby....we will find you and bring you home! MOO

He did say he was attacked by three Hispanic cats...
...these look like they were done by actual cats!

We see all the scratches done by a briar or a cat, but where is the head wound that made him go unconscious for so long, and made him unable to approach anybody for four or five hours to get someone to call 911?

Besides BB anybody else confirm they filed out a police report. BB first posted it on SM (prob CYA) before LE... then later on, she was asking her peeps on her page to call the HPD to see why an amber alert hasn't been issued.

Maybe she didn't want to call 911 because it is recorded.
MOO

I still find it very odd that she and family members took to social media to demand an amber alert (typically used in an abduction) BEFORE fiancé showed up with bogus abduction story from a police department that says they never even had a police report.

Someone earlier mentioned that it was possibly two different jurisdictions but you’re right, family members were encouraging others to call HPD even before DV showed up at hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu