Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statistically, you’re going to be right, far more often than wrong, when you say you think he knew them in some way.

If that was the case though, I think there would have been a break in the case by now.

Stranger or not, not every killer kills again, or kills again right away.

Some go years between murders, especially following their first.

You’re right, but what I’m meaning is I have no statistics to base it on. I sound like a broken record, but I’m paying attention to what police aren’t saying. Their sole job is to protect their community, and nothing they’ve said makes me think they believe this person is our to strike again.

Reminds me of the local case here in TX of MB. They’ve got the killer on video, but yet 3 years later, no arrest.

Sure it’s terrifying and I’m sure for the residents of Delphi too, but IMO...they haven’t said anything that makes me believe the public is in danger or that they believe a serial killer killed these sweet girls. Of course, there’s always a risk they’ll strike again, but I don’t get that vibe in this case. I pray for him to be caught regardless of why he did it.

Again all my opinion only.

I remember early on in the Jayme Closs case, I thought it was possible that someone had targeted her because of some social media contact.

As the weeks and months went by, it became pretty clear that social media wasn’t related, and something else happened.

It turned out she was randomly targeted.

Likewise, as time goes by here, I discount any potential social media contact more and more.

I don’t like it anyways, simply based on the circumstances.
Sometimes SM is involved. Sometimes it’s not. Now a days SM is involved more and more though. In the Closs case I thought random home invasion/abduction. TBH I didn’t follow that case, but I know the basics and the outcome. Horrible and very scary.

This case....I just can’t shake the feeling that SM did play a role. I know LE said no at first, but if there was contact made via SC to either bg or someone bg knows or even someone within bgs earshot I don’t think it would be easy for LE to determine that. The messages literally disappear after you read them unless you save them. I hope SC isn’t involved.

Church on Sunday, killed on Monday.......hmmmmm. Something to think about. Do we know if the girls or one of the girls attended church or bible study church on Sunday?
Perhaps one of the girls let it slip (not knowing what was forthcoming) that she was out of school on Monday.

(this was at the tail end of thread 100, reposting so that more may see it, thanks)
I really doubt it; I think they had a sleepover with Abby? Meaning it was a long weekend. They probably had fun all Sunday.

If police knew who he was...they would not be showing a sketch, much less one based on what he looked like two years ago.
Jmo
I think the recent press conference and the "current" sketch, and the high-lighted details of the sketch (by LE) are very specific to a single person. And I have told friends who are not following this case "Remember this name, this is the guy" All my opinion of course.

Statistically, you’re going to be right, far more often than wrong, when you say you think he knew them in some way.

If that was the case though, I think there would have been a break in the case by now.

Stranger or not, not every killer kills again, or kills again right away.

Some go years between murders, especially following their first.

Delphi is less than 3000 people. If he was a local or even a semi-local, he'd "know" them, in a way. Of course.

But I don't think there was a "specific" connection.

In fact, I just thought, because the town is so small, and bridge, "a landmark", is just a piece of junk, there is a chance that not too many people went by that bridge on Feb 13th and he had to be content with two teenagers, sorry to say (for lack of a better term).

Delphi is less than 3000 people. If he was a local or even a semi-local, he'd "know" them, in a way. Of course.

But I don't think there was a "specific" connection.

In fact, I just thought, because the town is so small, and bridge, "a landmark", is just a piece of junk, there is a chance that not too many people went by that bridge on Feb 13th and he had to be content with two teenagers, sorry to say (for lack of a better term).
That’s exactly what I think; if he knew them, he knew them in a general sense. At best, he had seen them before.

And I also agree with their targeting; he was looking for a female, and found two teenage girls.

His lucky day, as he probably saw it.

You’re right, but what I’m meaning is I have no statistics to base it on. I sound like a broken record, but I’m paying attention to what police aren’t saying. Their sole job is to protect their community, and nothing they’ve said makes me think they believe this person is our to strike again.

Reminds me of the local case here in TX of MB. They’ve got the killer on video, but yet 3 years later, no arrest.

Sure it’s terrifying and I’m sure for the residents of Delphi too, but IMO...they haven’t said anything that makes me believe the public is in danger or that they believe a serial killer killed these sweet girls. Of course, there’s always a risk they’ll strike again, but I don’t get that vibe in this case. I pray for him to be caught regardless of why he did it.

Again all my opinion only.

Even if they think he will not, their job is to arrest him, if they know who it is. They are policemen, not politicians.

Random thought of the night is I think he’s into guns (again). I can’t remember if there were any gun shows around there that weekend, maybe Indianapolis? I do recall presenting the question. Making note.

Another question. I ask because it has to do with rope. How far would the closest place you could boat be, Lake Michigan, etc?

(Ps/eta: What will happen first? An arrest, or everyone including us, LE and that whole community descends into madness...)

Last edited:
Pure speculation: I am seeing the killer as "one-of-a-kind”.
<modsnip -speculation that has no basis in fact>
He might have done things in school which seem odd to other children. I suspect issues with mother being controlling but not necessarily being an abusive parent. She might not have been able to pick her battles with a child who wanted call all the shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
If police knew who he was...they would not be showing a sketch, much less one based on what he looked like two years ago.
Jmo

I've been quiet for awhile...thinking. IMO, it was very important for LE to release this new BG sketch because perhaps things started "fitting together" better. After all LE is investigating, not me, thank God. It's not uncommon for LE to change direction. They're allowed to. And with that change came the new sketch. But look at the new BG! There isn't a thing outstanding about him at all. The large chin, the smaller mouth, cockamamie eyes, I just attribute them to being hand drawn.
I think they want us to pay attention to the normalness of him. He flies under the radar. They know who he is, they just want Delphi to understand that he physically doesn't look like a monster. He won't have a tattooed face or a general look of evil. He's going to appear normal therefore acts normal as he hides in plain sight. And IMHO, that's what makes this case difficult for us, for them and for me.

MOO, MOO

I'm on a roll tonight, two posts in the same thread! I've been thinking about the sketch, and all the things people have been saying about it. It's true that there's nothing that really stands out about him, it's generic enough to look similar to thousands of men, it sat around for 2 years before anyone in LE seems to have thought it would be of any use, etc., etc.., etc. I've been thinking that the sketch wasn't really shown for the general public, but more to let BG know that there is a witness who can identify him (whether there really is or not.) The sketch doesn't have to look exactly like him for it to make it clear that the witness did get a good look at him.

The one thing that I really don't understand, though, is why so many people (not just here, but all over) believe that the sketch has to be wrong because it doesn't fit with their picture (in their minds) of BG. Even though there are some things that don't quite fit with what I saw in the stills/video, I'm guessing that anyone who saw him face to face probably has a better idea of what he looks like than I do. For that reason, I'm using the sketch as my "BG" with possibly minor changes which may have come about from being a drawing rather than a photograph. Since I seldom leave home, haven't even left town in months and haven't left the state in years, I doubt if I'll ever run into him anywhere, but you never know what life might have in store for you. MOO

I'm on a roll tonight, two posts in the same thread! I've been thinking about the sketch, and all the things people have been saying about it. It's true that there's nothing that really stands out about him, it's generic enough to look similar to thousands of men, it sat around for 2 years before anyone in LE seems to have thought it would be of any use, etc., etc.., etc. I've been thinking that the sketch wasn't really shown for the general public, but more to let BG know that there is a witness who can identify him (whether there really is or not.) The sketch doesn't have to look exactly like him for it to make it clear that the witness did get a good look at him.

The one thing that I really don't understand, though, is why so many people (not just here, but all over) believe that the sketch has to be wrong because it doesn't fit with their picture (in their minds) of BG. Even though there are some things that don't quite fit with what I saw in the stills/video, I'm guessing that anyone who saw him face to face probably has a better idea of what he looks like than I do. For that reason, I'm using the sketch as my "BG" with possibly minor changes which may have come about from being a drawing rather than a photograph. Since I seldom leave home, haven't even left town in months and haven't left the state in years, I doubt if I'll ever run into him anywhere, but you never know what life might have in store for you. MOO

Hi Confusion,

I’ll bite.

Your quote:
“The one thing that I really don't understand, though, is why so many people (not just here, but all over) believe that the sketch has to be wrong because it doesn't fit with their picture (in their minds) of BG.”

For me, personally, it comes down to my interpretation of the voice sample “acoustically”. His voice imo is not that of anyone under 40 (and if so maybe 30s tops but even that is stretching it imo); of course I could be wrong on that. It’s anyone’s guess I suppose.

I realize they said he could be within 40 and “look younger”, but the sketch looks nothing like a 40 year old looking possibly younger imo.

My conflict, to me, the sketch looks 20ish and the voice sounds 40ish.

18 to 40 is quite a range. No wonder all the differences here. Everyone interprets things differently.

Whatever the case I don’t think it matters bc if someone knows the individual whatever age he is, hopefully that person will recognize him. I would also think an additional hope for a sketch like this would be for a stranger to recognize the person as well, but maybe that’s not the case here.

Last edited:

I think the bigger problem with the sketch is that people are finding suspects all over the web, and whatever their target suspect looks like, they're going to make that sketch fit no matter what.

A lot of younger people use a vocal fry when talking. It makes their speech sound raspier and lower than you would expect. Speech pathologists call it a disorder, but it has been gaining popularity for a few decades as an affectation and is unrelated to smoking or vocal strain.

Vocal fry register - Wikipedia

That's what I hear a little bit when I listen to BG's audio.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I think this guy works a menial job, knows the area well, and is not some pillar of the community.

He’s not fooling everyone around him, as much as he’s isolated from everyone around him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have watched this case from afar and it is upsetting that they are so close. They have more evidence than most random (if that’s the word) murders, but it’s just lower quality than what could be had now. That audio is distorted (I don’t even know what is being said) and doesn’t say much. The video is patchy to the point I thought he had a tash at first. The sketch is just normal and not that distinctive. It is going to be hard but they are determined. Just hope it doesn’t take another attack for them to catch him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe