Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. My best friend’s step dad was her father. From after her dad passed away when she was 2. He bathed her. This whole line of reasoning assumes that biological parents never abuse children. Many, many men (and women) abuse their biological children. That also suggests that adoptive parents shouldn’t bathe their children either.

In this case DV was not a parent, step parent or an adoptive parent. His status was merely a boyfriend.
Moo

Respectfully, if no man should be bathing a child who isn't his is true, then all these children CPS should be taking away are out a lot of homes. Many loving foster homes include two parents who bath either sex child if needed. Not arguing. Just pointing out that not all men sexualize bathing children. Many have been vetted, trained, and proven to be trusted caregivers. That's only my opinion. I respect everyone's thoughts posted.

Edit to add this opinion has zero to due with this case, as the man in question is a suspected criminal/murderer.

I agree with that. They have a more personal relationship with that child. but not mom's friend or boyfriend. I can understand Maleah having to have help in bathing after "her accident", but that's not his place to do.

Ultimately I believe the question of how/when to trust an unrelated male to bathe children is a big one, big enough for its own thread all on its own. At this point in terms of the case, this man bathing her was apparently just one of many mistakes by the Mother.

Agreed. Ideally it would be "someone you've known for longer than a hot minute", but then again, many women are apparently miserable judges of character despite our reputation for having extrasensory "women's intuition", and still wouldn't know a good man from bad if she'd known them for 2+ years.

Did Maleah scratch him?
I don’t think that’s going to be the cause; she was so small, and probably couldn’t have done that if she tried.

I don’t think he intended to kill her, not that it makes him any less vile. He probably inflicted fatal injuries during an act of abuse.

I think the scratches are related to where he disposed of her, or an altercation.

I think the cuts and scratches were self inflicted.
I don't, I think he and BB fought - which is why she mentioned a fight - those on his neck look like fingernail scratches. Plus, I don't recall his saying he had any other injuries aside from the fresh, bloody, superficial wound on his forehead. I also believe it was Maleah's mother that dropped him off at the hospital - who else would have?

Respectfully, if no man should be bathing a child who isn't his is true, then all these children CPS should be taking away are out a lot of homes. Many loving foster homes include two parents who bath either sex child if needed. Not arguing. Just pointing out that not all men sexualize bathing children. Many have been vetted, trained, and proven to be trusted caregivers. That's only my opinion. I respect everyone's thoughts posted.
Edit to add this opinion has zero to due with this case, as the man in question is a suspected criminal/murderer.

But the actual mother in this case had an issue with her fiancée bathing or wanting to bathe Maleah, according to her advocate.

You're right. Previously vetted and trained foster parents don't have anything to do with this case.

This case has to do with yet again, another mother allowing her boyfriend to "discipline" and provide intimate care to her child who he is unrelated to.

IMO parents need to protect their kids better than that. Not because all men sexualize children they bathe and not because all men are potential sexual predators or child abusers. Not even close. I think most men are normal.

But because statistics show the risk to young, dependent kids whose single mothers bring a new man home and quickly give him access to her vulnerable children.

We hear far too many of these cases. Far too many. And they're easily preventable.

To me, asking parents to think twice about involving their children in their romantic lives is as viable as asking them to put their kids in car seats.

What are the chances you will get in an accident driving to the store? Is it worth the risk anyhow?

They can't protect themselves. They rely on us.

I completely agree. My best friend’s step dad was her father. From after her dad passed away when she was 2. He bathed her. This whole line of reasoning assumes that biological parents never abuse children. Many, many men (and women) abuse their biological children. That also suggests that adoptive parents shouldn’t bathe their children either.

Not really. The stats are very, very clear. Kids are at vastly higher risk of abuse and homicide when they live with an unrelated, intimate partner of their mom, to whom she is not married.

I don’t think that’s going to be the cause; she was so small, and probably couldn’t have done that if she tried.

I don’t think he intended to kill her, not that it makes him any less vile. He probably inflicted fatal injuries during an act of abuse.

I think the scratches are related to where he disposed of her, or an altercation.
Accidents are usually reported to 911 - not followed up by carrying a child out of your home in s trash bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288