Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the men scratch him? Why even keep him if a little girl was their goal?
Ha! Exactly.

That was one of probably a dozen problems that people had with his little fairytale.

Just your standard child abduction committed by three men, who also kidnap the father.

Because that has so much precedent...

It is not unusual, but I am confused. Do the three children belong to three different men? If so, why would the father of the eldest (a boy, I believe) want to visit with Maleah? I've seen it mentioned that Maleah's aunt ask about her and was told she had the flu, but now I have seen it mentioned twice that the father of the oldest little boy ask to visit Maleah. ???
Maleah and the 5 yo boy have the same father, CD. The baby (either 1 or 2) is DV’s child.

Accidents are usually reported to 911 - not followed up by carrying a child out of your home in s trash bag.
True, but if he beat her or did other unspeakable things to her that resulted in her death, my guess is he would not call 911.
We know he is deceitful. He invented a ridiculous story for fear of getting caught. If he did burn the body, I wonder if he did so for a particular reason. If he buried her or placed her body in a dumpster an autopsy can reveal signs of sexual abuse and analyse every wound to determine cause of death and the extent of the injuries.
But burning a body helps cover up evidence like that.
I do think she died from injuries as a result of abuse, maybe partly from complications from the serious head injury. She wasn't wearing her helmet. ( Another reason caseworker should have been checking in on a regular basis)
But I also think she suffered a brutal and violent death, whether he intended to kill her or not. Imo

It is not unusual, but I am confused. Do the three children belong to three different men? If so, why would the father of the eldest (a boy, I believe) want to visit with Maleah? I've seen it mentioned that Maleah's aunt ask about her and was told she had the flu, but now I have seen it mentioned twice that the father of the oldest little boy ask to visit Maleah. ???

Yes I thought it was an Aunt who picked up the oldest child on Friday also. Turns out is was Dad-Craig Davis, glad that has been corrected.

The oldest child and Maleah both belong to CD. The toddler is DV's child.

Last edited:
Ha! Exactly.

That was one of probably a dozen problems that people had with his little fairytale.

Just your standard child abduction committed by three men, who also kidnap the father.

Because that has so much precedent...

Right, and to left a witness to identify them. Who knows if he had been "grooming" Maleah before, but this would of been his best opportunity to have her for more than a bath. There was no other reason to keep her with him, especially if mom had dumped him before she left.

Hello, all!! Long time lurker, registered user, but first time commenting. I must admit, the rules are a bit intimidating, so much so I read every post about Lucas Hernandez (over 6 months) but was afraid I’d break a rule. Lol.

I’m a Texan and this case has weighed heavily on my heart from day 1. I’m also a pediatric speech therapist, who knows a little about the brain. Someone above mentioned MH not wearing her helmet and that’s been a HUGE deal for me. I’ve looked for her helmet in every single pic I’ve seen, outside of the ones taken at the hospital, I’ve not seen ONE! In the CPS docs it states she should wear it 12-24 months, yet not one bit of evidence it was worn outside of the hospital. That, in itself, constitutes neglect of medical services and had I encountered her not wearing it, I would’ve lit the keyboard up filing a complaint with CPS.

As for those of you struggling with the lack of basic parenting by apparently every adult in her life, you will NEVER understand it. You all are good parents and incapable of understanding the life some children have to live. I spent the first 2-3 years of my career, as a therapist, in shock and disgust. I think in most cases, it a generational cycle that probably goes back longer than I care to know. Please don’t take this as an excuse or justification of anyone’s actions against MH. I’m just sharing insight from my personal experience. MH deserved everything in the world and a safe encouraging family safety net, but she got a few as&ho$es instead..which breaks my heart!

#EnoughIsEnough and we ALL have to do our part to make that message clear.

**for those of you discussing what the gas cab could’ve been used for....something that burns quick, unlike human remains. The rain in that area has been pretty constantly falling for at least a week. Obviously there have been breaks in rainfall, but about the time the ground starts to dry up, it rains more. MOO I think he probably burned evidence of the cleanup etc. I’m not sure why he didn’t torch that laundry basket, but his level of intelligence has been questioned from the onset.

Great first post! Welcome to WS!

I completely agree. My best friend’s step dad was her father. From after her dad passed away when she was 2. He bathed her. This whole line of reasoning assumes that biological parents never abuse children. Many, many men (and women) abuse their biological children. That also suggests that adoptive parents shouldn’t bathe their children either.
I'm very troubled with this whole line of thinking that only a bio father should bathe a daughter. I honestly do not think here in the UK we would generally agree with that at all. It implies all step dads could be perverts. In this case, we're talking about one individual who has *probably* abused a little girl considering the facts we do know, altho the only person to outwardly claim this SO FAR is BB.

I'm very troubled with this whole line of thinking that only a bio father should bathe a daughter. I honestly do not think here in the UK we would generally agree with that at all. It implies all step dads could be perverts. In this case, we're talking about one individual who has *probably* abused a little girl considering the facts we do know, altho the only person to outwardly claim this SO FAR is BB.
I agree with this completely. When was it made common knowledge that a biologically unrelated male *obviously* is going to molest a female child if left alone/diapers/bathing etc. I think it’s really sad and I think this way of thinking and reacting to such actually makes more space for this kind of predation..

I am an ER nurse and see abused women all the time. Let me say this. We have a problem in American on issues concerning women. There are many barriers to leaving. It is a fallicy that women can just get up and leave. The barriers are often financial and availability of housing. There are so very few shelters that accept women with shelter and have therapeutic services. In my city, it is impossible for women to just get up and leave. Numerous times, I have paid for hotel rooms for women in the middle of the night.
On a side note, I just don't think women should leave their children home with men who are not their fathers. Especially, when there is a history of aggression towards the children that are not their own.
I don't believe in spanking. However, culturally spanking is acceptable.
I come from a family of CPS workers. It is interesting that the CPS complaint was "unfounded" and determined to be due to a fall.
My biggest question is did BB have a job or was Derion the primary bread winner in the home.
Recently, we had a case like this in my city. The mother left the children with her boyfriend. He had a history of violence. He killed all 4 children in the middle of the night.
In my clinical practice, I report whenever there is a hint of question. Let CPS figure it out. However, my colleagues who are not so diligent.
I just think we as a society need to report any concerns. We have to do more to protect the most vulnerable in society, elders and chidren.
The sad thing is I am no longer surprised when this stuff happens. I spend my focus on forensically searching the dynamics of the family and how they got to this point.

The oldest and Maleah are full brother and sister.

I agree with this completely. When was it made common knowledge that an unrelated male *obviously* is going to molest a female child if left alone/diapers/bathing etc. I think it’s really sad and I think this way of thinking and reacting to such actually makes more space for this kind of predation..
Thank you, glad it's not just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member