Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an ER nurse and see abused women all the time. Let me say this. We have a problem in American on issues concerning women. There are many barriers to leaving. It is a fallicy that women can just get up and leave. The barriers are often financial and availability of housing. There are so very few shelters that accept women with shelter and have therapeutic services. In my city, it is impossible for women to just get up and leave. Numerous times, I have paid for hotel rooms for women in the middle of the night.
On a side note, I just don't think women should leave their children home with men who are not their fathers. Especially, when there is a history of aggression towards the children that are not their own.
I don't believe in spanking. However, culturally spanking is acceptable.
I come from a family of CPS workers. It is interesting that the CPS complaint was "unfounded" and determined to be due to a fall.
My biggest question is did BB have a job or was Derion the primary bread winner in the home.
Recently, we had a case like this in my city. The mother left the children with her boyfriend. He had a history of violence. He killed all 4 children in the middle of the night.
In my clinical practice, I report whenever there is a hint of question. Let CPS figure it out. However, my colleagues who are not so diligent.
I just think we as a society need to report any concerns. We have to do more to protect the most vulnerable in society, elders and chidren.
The sad thing is I am no longer surprised when this stuff happens. I spend my focus on forensically searching the dynamics of the family and how they got to this point.
I agree, many domestic violence victims can’t just up and leave. It’s not that easy. But what is easy is to avoid bringing your children into relationships, especially new relationships. As a parent, your kids come before your romantic life. If there’s not a responsible babysitter, gparents, aunts, uncles, their other parent, you sit your happy little behind home. It’s possible to date without bringing your kids into it so quickly. That way, you really get to know someone, their intentions, their character, the way they handle stresses. If you don’t move in together so quickly, it’s much easier to end a violent relationship.

We assume BB and DV have been together for several years. But when did she become concerned about his inappropriate bathing and spanking? It’s hard for me to believe he was a great guy up until now. And once again, the kids pay the price. Maleah especially, but her brothers have been majorly victimized too. Imo

I agree with this completely. When was it made common knowledge that a biologically unrelated male *obviously* is going to molest a female child if left alone/diapers/bathing etc. I think it’s really sad and I think this way of thinking and reacting to such actually makes more space for this kind of predation..

Ugh I agree, but I guess it completely depends on what kind of people you chose to allow around your children!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam