Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big question that they are needing to answer is not "Where, How, When...but Who and Why"

Hmm...interesting concept, but with all due respect, Jdart14, in MOO I think that LE already *knows* the answers to these questions; in fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all were we to later learn that LE is simply waiting for either a. the POI either to " 'fess up", or b. strong (i. e., indisputable) evidence to surface.

While it *would* be fabulous for LE to get a confession... (here I must pause, making a deep, deep sigh...) ...I am afraid that the POI is *so* narcissistic and hardened after these 2 years and 3 months that he believes himself to be... invincible. Yes. It is simply my own opinion that the POI is ***very much*** out and about in full view of the public doing "people"-type work (whether paid, or as a well-known volunteer); this very thought itself makes me shiver, thinking that the trusting souls under his care have no.reason.to.question his character... Scary thought. All MOO and finely-tuned "spidey sense".

Hmm...interesting concept, but with all due respect, Jdart14, in MOO I think that LE already *knows* the answers to these questions; in fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all were we to later learn that LE is simply waiting for either a. the POI either to " 'fess up", or b. strong (i. e., indisputable) evidence to surface.

While it *would* be fabulous for LE to get a confession... (here I must pause, making a deep, deep sigh...) ...I am afraid that the POI is *so* narcissistic and hardened after these 2 years and 3 months that he believes himself to be... invincible. Yes. It is simply my own opinion that the POI is ***very much*** out and about in full view of the public doing "people"-type work (whether paid, or as a well-known volunteer); this very thought itself makes me shiver, thinking that the trusting souls under his care have no.reason.to.question his character... Scary thought. All MOO and finely-tuned "spidey sense".

What in the world gives you the impression that they have a POI much less a distinct POI?

Regarding the 'stuff of nightmares' reference that was referenced by source close to investigation. I fully believe that the full attack is captured on Libby's phone. The phone was left and not taken by the perp so either he didn't know it was recording, didn't care, or left it on purpose to taunt. I am leaning to he didn't know it was recording because it contained a full image and what we now know as video of him on the bridge. There's no way someone would leave a full image or video of themselves like that at a crime scene on purpose. Given that information I think the phone just continued to record everything that happened unbeknownst to BG.

*Edited for correction on where phrase originated.

Last edited:
o/t - I'm struggling here and need to ask for special help without going into detail except to say I'm trying to recover from total PC crash on May 5th.

back on topic - On Mon. May 6, 2019 (the end of the 2 wk period following the major LE presser where new BG sketch, etc. was released), did LE happen to hold another press conference? Or release a new statement? Or be interviewed by MSM?

If so, it would be a major help to me if someone is willing to search back and provide a link here. Thank you so much.

Regarding the 'stuff of nightmares' reference that LE were talking about. I fully believe that the full attack is captured on Libby's phone. The phone was left and not taken by the perp so either he didn't know it was recording, didn't care, or left it on purpose to taunt. I am leaning to he didn't know it was recording because it contained a full image and what we now know as video of him on the bridge. There's no way someone would leave a full image or video of themselves like that at a crime scene on purpose. Given that information I think the phone just continued to record everything that happened unbeknownst to BG.
A source close to the investigation coined that phrase, not LE specifically.

@zencompass, do you know who founded Delphi? I tried to find out. Statistically, Germans or Anglo-Saxons are the highest possibility, however, nearby Lafayette was originally ethnically French. Could the founders of Delphi be Northern French, or Flemish, or Dutch?

What I mean, redheads or certain looks might be more prevalent in their descendants. We think the perp looks unusual, and surely it would be, for my part of the US, where I believe there was more mixture with Native Americans, but maybe, not so much for Delphi?

Anything historical fascinates me. Here is some information I found:

Founders of Delphi
Carroll County Portal - County History

There were many German settlers that arrived after the founding fathers of Delphi.
History of Carroll County, Indiana

There would still have been some Native Americans/American Indians as some returned to Indiana but not that many.

"Among the major tribes that lived in what is now Indiana were the Delaware, Kickapoo, Miami, Mound Builders, Piankashaw, Potawatomi, Shawnee, and Wea. After 1794, treaties were made that opened up large areas of land for settlement. At the Battle of Tippecanoe in 1811, the Indians were defeated, and white settlements then proceeded at an increased rate. By the 1840s, most of the Indians had moved westward to other lands, either voluntarily or by force."

Indians of Indiana Genealogy - FamilySearch Wiki

Yeah, really. If they had a distinct POI they could arrest him on suspicion.
At the very least, they could obtain his DNA.

That’s why there’s almost no chance that this guy is a felon, if DNA evidence exists (not only convicted, but people arrested for felonies have their DNA collected in Indiana).

And I believe DNA evidence exists, because of the quality of the suspects that have been cleared so far.

Two really good ones.

But they don't want him to get out or flee. I would want to make sure I had everything against him so he wouldn't get out. If they arrest on suspicion and they lawyer up, don't they have to let them go?

Not quite. Police arrest on probable cause, but a judge will have final say as to whether the warrant can be executed. Lawyering up simply means that the person doesn't have to talk to LE. You don't automatically get to go home just because you have an attorney. It is then up to a judge to decide whether the person can go out on bail and what that bail is set at.

If they've been able to rule people out of being BG then it stands to reason that some kind of definitive evidence exists.

o/t - I'm struggling here and need to ask for special help without going into detail except to say I'm trying to recover from total PC crash on May 5th.

back on topic - On Mon. May 6, 2019 (the end of the 2 wk period following the major LE presser where new BG sketch, etc. was released), did LE happen to hold another press conference? Or release a new statement? Or be interviewed by MSM?

If so, it would be a major help to me if someone is willing to search back and provide a link here. Thank you so much.
Not a peep out of anyone. No statements. No interviews.

I completely agree....to me the first 3 are answered. And you are probably correct...they likely know the answer to the other as well just waiting for that final punch to put him or her away. I guess the main reason I stated it that way was that as much as we all can and want to speculate...I think they already know the truth behind most of these questions..

Not as far as I am aware. There was a clarification issued about the old sketch vs new sketch basically saying the old sketch is no longer valid and only the new sketch is to be used now. There is a new ISP flyer too that states the girls were murdered minutes after the BG video on the bridge. There is also a lot of talk about another recent murder which has it's own thread. If you need any links for these just ask and it will be given. I also suggest you check out the media thread (see page 1 in every thread) where Margarita has put links to all the threads from 98 back to number 1 - which will be very helpful to you I would think. There are also some other useful new posts in the media thread as well so that may help you to catch up rather than schlepp your way back thru the threads.

But they don't want him to get out or flee. I would want to make sure I had everything against him so he wouldn't get out. If they arrest on suspicion and they lawyer up, don't they have to let them go?

They'd be able to hold him for questioning for 24 hours, beyond that they'd have to establish probable cause. At *that* point, if they couldn't establish probable cause, they'd be required to release him. If they did establish probable cause, they'd have to file charges, which they'd have 72 hours or so to do in most jurisdictions. From that point, he'd have a bond hearing, where the prosecution would seek the maximum (including no-bond in some jurisdictions) on the count of the charges against him. His lawyer would argue against the maximum and go as low as possible. The judge would set bond (or not) and then he'd have to post it to be free.

Let's hope that a break in this case comes soon. I feel so sad for the parents and grandparents of these girls. They deserve answers.

Signing out for now. I hope all moms and grandmas of human babies and animal babies have had a nice Mother's Day. wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave