CA CA- Ermelinda Alvarado, 33, Stockton, April 2019 *Mother of 8*

In previous post it stated that she was not in her right mind, according to family/friend. Maybe, she took the rental car as far as she could without gas money?
Hubby says she called and stated she was in AZ to see him, but he told her to go to the Fresno airport to pick him up. Could that have set her off even more?
Did anyone see her after the husband was dropped off at the airport?
Her purse was left in the car, so not a robbery. I'm afraid of the mental health aspect of it. She's only early 30's, 8 kids, husband leaves for a business trip and she may have had a meltdown. Praying for this family. Merced Police need help searching for missing mother

The youngest is 6? Who was taking care of the kids? She must have told whoever it was that she wouldn’t be home - or else they would have called dad?

He didn’t think it was weird she was driving to see him? And he didn’t think to call and check she made it back home safely afterwards?

She rented a car to drive to Austin?
Too many questions....

The youngest is 6? Who was taking care of the kids? She must have told whoever it was that she wouldn’t be home - or else they would have called dad?

He didn’t think it was weird she was driving to see him? And he didn’t think to call and check she made it back home safely afterwards?

She rented a car to drive to Austin?
Too many questions....
I agree. It's confusing. First he says the last time she was seen was dropping him off at the airport, but then realized she was missing when she didn't show up to pick him up? Did the children not notice her absence?

And why would he ask people to call him directly, instead of calling the police?

She is missing from Merced. Is there any way to change that on the thread’s title?

New article. Not much new information, except where her husband states he received an emotional call from her before his flight. What stands out to me is that she tells him she’s in Arizona, and he seemingly casually tells her to turn around and go to the airport in Fresno, where she’s supposed to be picking him up from after his flight in from Texas. Blythe, where her car was found, is at the Arizon/California border, and is roughly 6 hours from Fresno. It may be the way all the articles on this case have been worded, but there hasn’t appeared to be any panic or urgency on his part on this point. His wife was nowhere near Fresno, and turning around to go back to Fresno wasn’t going to be a small feat. His flight from Texas should have been roughly 3 hours long — much shorter than her drive to Fresno from Arizona.
Family pleads for Merced mom missing for a month to come home

I’ve located a help find group for Ermelinda on FB: Help Find Missing - Ermelinda Alvarado

The pinned post from April 22nd ells details not heard before. I’m unable to copy/paste it, as I’m not on the FB app. To paraphrase, Ermelinda visited her sister and grandmother the morning of her disappearance. She also told her brother in Florida she was going to Florida. If someone can copy/paste the content of that post to here, it may better help sleuth her disappearance on here.

I’ve located a help find group for Ermelinda on FB: Help Find Missing - Ermelinda Alvarado

The pinned post from April 22nd ells details not heard before. I’m unable to copy/paste it, as I’m not on the FB app. To paraphrase, Ermelinda visited her sister and grandmother the morning of her disappearance. She also told her brother in Florida she was going to Florida. If someone can copy/paste the content of that post to here, it may better help sleuth her disappearance on here.
Please do not c/p the content but do provide a link to this page and post. Otherwise this will get removed.

Please do not c/p the content but do provide a link to this page and post. Otherwise this will get removed.

Not OP and I've not read it yet, but googling brings me the FB Missing/Help Find group that OP referenced, and this is the pinned April 22nd post.

I'm assuming that's what OP is referencing.

Help Find Missing - Ermelinda Alvarado

Noted. I’ve seen it done before so I was under the impression it was allowed, as it's from the official help find page.

I’m wondering if she found out her husband was cheating on her. Given the cryptic fb posts about deceit etc. what if she was so upset by the idea of him seeing women on his work trips that she just said screw it and started driving to “catch him” in the act. Once he finds out what she’s doing, he urges her to drive back home. Could they have reunited and a fight ensued and got out of hand? And he had to try to cover it up?
Just a theory...

I’m wondering if she found out her husband was cheating on her. Given the cryptic fb posts about deceit etc. what if she was so upset by the idea of him seeing women on his work trips that she just said screw it and started driving to “catch him” in the act. Once he finds out what she’s doing, he urges her to drive back home. Could they have reunited and a fight ensued and got out of hand? And he had to try to cover it up?
Just a theory...

I’d not seen that FB post. Can you guide me to it?

Thank you cindizzle and TravelingBug for the latest link with new info. This is really confusing. At that Help Find Missing - Ermelinda Alvarado page. It states:
MISSING: Ermelinda Alvarado is a 33-year-old Hispanic/Latina who was last known to be in Merced, California on April 11, 2019.
(bolded by me)

Yet, from what we’ve read from other reports, the day before, April 10 she spoke to her husband on the phone and told him she was in AZ. So, if the car was left abandoned way down close to the CA-AZ border she didn’t drive that car back to Merced. How did she get back?

So, did the sister and grandmother see her on the 11th, and all was normal? Was she even the one driving the rental car? The facts we know don’t align.

I recall early on the family believing she was still in the Merced-Ceres area, and I didn’t understand why they thought that, but if the sister and grandmother are sure they saw her on 4/11 then I guess that is why? o_O

Why do they say Ceres-Merced that's such a big area... Plus she's from Stockton? On the freeway it goes Stockton, French Camp, Manteca, Lathrop, Salida, Modesto, Ceres, Keyes, Turlock, Hilmar, Delhi, Livingston, Winton, Atwater, then Merced. Stockton to Salida is San Joaquin County, Modesto to Hilmar is Stanislaus County, Delhi on is Merced County.

Thank you cindizzle and TravelingBug for the latest link with new info. This is really confusing. At that Help Find Missing - Ermelinda Alvarado page. It states:
(bolded by me)

Yet, from what we’ve read from other reports, the day before, April 10 she spoke to her husband on the phone and told him she was in AZ. So, if the car was left abandoned way down close to the CA-AZ border she didn’t drive that car back to Merced. How did she get back?

So, did the sister and grandmother see her on the 11th, and all was normal? Was she even the one driving the rental car? The facts we know don’t align.

I recall early on the family believing she was still in the Merced-Ceres area, and I didn’t understand why they thought that, but if the sister and grandmother are sure they saw her on 4/11 then I guess that is why? o_O
It, also, says that she told her hubby that she was coming to see him and that hubby was in Texas on business. Apparently, she called her brother in Florida and said she was coming to see him, as well. Hmmmm... This is a bunch of confusing/conflicting information that is being given out. Purposeful??

We already have the link to the FB page, "Help Find Missing Ermelinda Alvarado," thanks to @TravelingBug. This page appears to be run by relatives of Ermelinda :

There is also a FB page, which appears to be by her husband. It may be significant, or totally insignificant, that her husband has a separate "find" page. He also spells "Ermelinda's" name as "Ermalinda" or "Erma."

Missing Erma Alvarado

On May 26, 2019, he posts google earth views of where the last pings of Ermelinda's phone were:

Missing Erma Alvarado (ETA this link brings you directly to the map photos)

We already have the link to the FB page, "Help Find Missing Ermelinda Alvarado," thanks to @TravelingBug. This page appears to be run by relatives of Ermelinda :

There is also a FB page, which appears to be by her husband. It may be significant, or totally insignificant, that her husband has a separate "find" page. He also spells "Ermelinda's" name as "Ermalinda" or "Erma."

Missing Erma Alvarado

On May 26, 2019, he posts google earth views of where the last pings of Ermelinda's phone were:

Missing Erma Alvarado (ETA this link brings you directly to the map photos)
Thanks @TatianaBarbie ... that makes it look like her last pings were coming from the bottom of a gully or something. Or am I wrong in how I am seeing this? And, he only knows of one search being done? Has the family not been searching?

Thanks @TatianaBarbie ... that makes it look like her last pings were coming from the bottom of a gully or something. Or am I wrong in how I am seeing this? And, he only knows of one search being done? Has the family not been searching?
I'll answer the easy question first. What "Missing Erma Alvarado" says about the searches:

"The area has been searched before by Police & Search Team Air & Ground. Helicopter & ground searched. Cadaver dog was used on 1 search attempt that we know of. No drones have been used that we are aware of to date."

So I think he was saying that on one of the search attempts, the cadaver dog was used. That would IMO imply that there was more than one search, but a cadaver dog was only used on one of the searches.

Question two--where was her last cell phone ping--in a gully? It appears to be in a dry creek bed, about 2000 feet off of an unnamed road. Her vehicle was found on Red Cloud Mine Rd., Desert Center, CA, very close to the exit off of Interstate 10. Desert Center is the town that google maps assigned to that location, but officially it would be Blythe, CA. Her last ping was about a mile away from where her car was found, as the crow flies. I've unofficially marked the locations that the "Missing" page gave on a google map (i.e. I didn't have the exact coordinates):

Google Maps

Once I got the information on a regular map, I realized how close to Joshua Tree NP this was. I have read quite a bit of information, from other JTNP missing cases, about cell phone pings in that area. I know that in JTNP, the pings are not exact, but within a radius of a given location. I am not an authority on cell phone ping radii, so I don't know if perhaps a radii would be more accurate in Ermelinda's situation, or if it really is exact.

Just a theory...
This was kind of in my mind, too.

As for some other posts, we don’t know that he didn’t think it was weird that she was in AZ or that he *casually* told her to go to the airport.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back