Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post! Let's start with why.

*Argument with GF, wife, mother so he went for a walk to blow off steam and he took his rage out on the girls.

*The girls left the trail to pee before the long trek across the bridge and saw him doing something nefarious. ie, he was taking a pee himself and they giggled when they saw him, hes smoking a joint or shooting up and he was afraid he would be reported, he was he was pruning a few pot plants he had on park or private land (he had a few things hidden in that jacket, IMO) poaching on park or private land (ginsing, morel mushrooms, magic mushrooms etc.)

*He was being indoctrinated/initiated into a gang or other fringe group and he had to have a kill under his belt to join.

*Revenge kill to send a message to someone.

*Thrill kill

Everyone feel free to add to this list. These are some thoughts that have been bouncing around in my head and all is MOO.
I disagree with all of this on all levels. In my opinion, he came prepared to do what he planned to do and that was to target someone, march them down the hill to the crime scene, kill them and get out. He is pure evil in the worst possible way.

I disagree with all of this on all levels. In my opinion, he came prepared to do what he planned to do and that was to target someone, march them down the hill to the crime scene, kill them and get out. He is pure evil in the worst possible way.
Except how would you know there would be one or more potential victims there that day and that you would have time to get away with this crime? If its a busy place, then you worry about getting caught. If its not too busy you need to come multiple times until the right circumstances present themselves.

I've had another thought about that, and the vehicle they've been asking about. I'll start by saying BG saw the girls being dropped off while he was sitting in the mystery vehicle. If RL had been looking for a ride to Lafayette that day, it's possible that he discussed it with BG or one of his friends (who did know RL at least enough to speak with him.) It's possible that the vehicle was parked there around noon, when the friend drove RL to Lafayette in his (RL's) own truck and BG waited with the other vehicle. Once the girls were dropped off and their ride was out of sight, he may have started stalking them. He was able to catch up to them, do anything else that may have been done, murder them, and be back to the vehicle before DG had arrived (or as he was heading for the trail/bridge). He could have left for a while and possibly returned when people started arriving to search, or he may have just stayed there waiting until people started arriving. He could have then contacted the friend and told him/her to bring RL back because he wanted to leave (possibly saying because something seemed to be going on and he didn't want to get involved in it). He may have even suggested meeting by RL's place to drop off his truck and then leave; he could have been parked in that building they were searching across the road where RL's truck was said to have been parked.

It's possible that one person may have seen the vehicle sitting there at noon or saw the friend transfer from it to RL's truck, and one of the friends or family members saw it leaving when they arrived around 5 to search. Otherwise, family and friends may have just reported that there was no vehicle parked there when they arrived, so they knew it was gone by 5:00. I think I'm on the verge of really rambling again, so I'll quit for now. I hope this makes some sense. MOO
MOO
I have had a thought that perhaps the person or persons involved in this actually "helped" with the search. Their way of getting close and not drawing attention to themselves. JMO

The last press conference was held on 4/22 and about a week later I posted that I thought it was possible BG was recently taken into custody on unrelated charges and LE was trying to get everything they can to charge him and proceed.

I don't know if this is the case or not, or perhaps it's wishful thinking that a killer isn't out on the loose, but after reading the NB thread I'm leaning more and more in this direction.
Things sure seem to be stacking up here. Coincidence???

GK same age group as BG
GK has ties to Delphi
GK has connections to RL and Mears property
GK currently in custody and charged in murder of NB (another female)
NB was found in a shack and shack was mentioned in latest presser
GK has similarities to sketch
GK arrested on 4/5 and latest presser with sketch #2 released on 4/22

Identified! - IN - Newton County, Fem, 30 Mar 2019 - Nicole Bowen

jmo
I hope you are right.

Looking at the current sketch again that guys neck kind of looks like the neck of someone that lifts weights. Its thick, but not like fat/double chin thick. Its more like a neck propped up by well worked trapezius muscles. Maybe this guy spent time in jail and beefed himself up and that's part of why people aren't recognizing him?

I like you point about the large neck sans double chin or fleshy cheeks and thus the possibility of an amateur sports athlete or weight lifter hobbyist perpetrator.

I disagree, however, about the possibility that body building might make him less recognizable. In the end, I think it would take Mr. Olympia level body building to have a significant impact on somebody's over all look.

Last edited:
Except how would you know there would be one or more potential victims there that day and that you would have time to get away with this crime? If its a busy place, then you worry about getting caught. If its not too busy you need to come multiple times until the right circumstances present themselves.
Quoted BBM.
I think he did.

I believe he visited that place many, many times prior to the crime taking place.

I think he had it all planned out in his sick mind.

I am convinced that he knew exactly what vantage point(s) gave him the best view of where someone could be walking on the trail to the bridge and who was in proximity.

I think he knew approximately how many people were in and around the trails that day and picked his targets when he saw the time was right.

I believe he had walked that bridge many times and knew exactly how long it would take him to get across.

One unknown variable would have been he wouldn't have known how long it would take for the girls to cross the bridge.

This is a big question mark for me.

JMO

Just a two pennies worth on a few posts I’ve read over the past few weeks. Following since day one.

Time again we see the discussion over why Libby felt the ‘need’ to record BG. It may be possible she thought something was off, but based on the actions of my own teen daughter and her friends, they Snap absolutely anything and everything, No matter how random !! Especially for ‘streaks’ & simple why not - especially if they already have their phone to hand. Something to consider.

I think there’s far to much reaching with BG’s voice. Just sounds like a man of 30+ to me? But to show Just how deceiving voices can be, check out British singer George Ezra - been around a few years over here and does really well but I remeber being shocked the first time I saw him.

The only thing I feel confident in saying regarding BG from the videos, maps, descriptions, drone footage I’ve seen & read - he’s extremely familiar with the trail. From childhood perhaps ? I also suspect he lurked in the run up to the murders, waiting for the ‘best’ opportunity. Yes it was extremely risky, but this more than likely added to the thrill for him.

Discussion as to why the girls weren’t heard screaming .. a few posters have mentioned now that upon being startled and fearful, no screams can actually come out and I believe so myself after being in a frightful situation. He may have simply said, scream and I’ll shoot.

I see a lot of talk about sexual assault, not enough time etc. I think the motive was sexual, but there doesn’t even need to be a physical assault for this motive. Some killers take sexual pleasure from the actual mechanism of the killing itself - erotophonophilia.

The last thing I think about a great deal, is that despite video, stills & audio (albeit not of great quality) the killer has not been recognised/arrested. This is shocking to me and I believe that if this had occurred in the UK, the would have been found not long after. The only reasons I can think of as to why he’s not been apprehended, is the sheer size & number of people in America. The population is far more transient than here in the U.K. I’m from a small town myself, there’s not much movement between other local towns. Last time I was in Orlando, we Ubered 3+ times a day and I think only 2 drivers we had were native to Orlando or even Florida. Don’t get me wrong, there’s more movement here than there used to be but from what I can gather, it’s common for people to flit between towns, even states for homes/jobs . All adding to the difficulty in finding BG.

Thinking of Libby & Abby everyday
Excellent post! I can totally relate to the first paragraph - mine does that too. Short videos or random pics for streaks.

Nice interesting thoughtful post, but you did make me hungry for some good old greasy fried chicken.......LOL !......moo

Lol. Usually Mother's Day is golf course brunch with a Mimosa but today was a sharing of pepperoni rolls, bratwurst bites, deep fried cod with fries and slaw and buffalo wings. Add in three stiff Southern Comfort Old Fashioneds... How is that for a combination?

When I stereotype the midwest or anywhere else, I freely admit when it applies to me as well :) :D In general, I hate generalizing but the first sketch compared to the second...

My point is that the first sketch truly resembles someone who was likely born and raised in the midwest in certain years/decades even but as others have stated since my post, even our small towns have changed in recent years as to who lives there.

Some good ol' fried chicken would have fit perfectly! Did you have some?

I alternate on this perp. I lean though towards he is someone known and who knew of the girls or one of them. I think as others have said there may be a separation of a degree or two and they might not have been as aware of him as he was of them...

Even in the JC case/JP case, JP had picked JC out long before his murders and taking of her (he had driven there before and aborted before per him). It was a stranger abduction in one way but he also was not after just "anyone" or any woman, girl, etc. or he could have acted on his thoughts or sick urge or whatever one wants to call it on someone else in the meantime but did not. He centered on her specifically and chose her ahead of time. He was a stranger to her and her family but to him, he had picked her out...

A bit unusual but could this be similar? This perp was centered on the girls or one of them but the girls had no clue of course... He waited and finally got his opportunity...? Rather than random and by chance?

I don't know. I have my theory that I lean towards the most but am not sharing it because I also am open to all of the other thoughts still...

Broasted chicken is pretty darned good too... It all depends on the quality of the bird though... :D

Quoted BBM.
I think he did.

I believe he visited that place many, many times prior to the crime taking place.

I am convinced that he knew exactly what vantage point(s) gave him the best view of where someone could be walking on the trail to the bridge and who was in proximity.

I think he knew approximately how many people were in and around the trails that day and picked his targets when he saw the time was right.

I believed he had walked that bridge many times and knew exactly how long it would take him to get across.

One unknown variable would have been he wouldn't have known how long it would take for the girls to cross the bridge.

JMO

IIRC it is supposed to take about 5 minutes to cross (about 865 feet?)

Quoted BBM.
I think he did.

I believed he had walked that bridge many times and knew exactly how long it would take him to get across.

JMO
I believe he knows that land like the back of his hand and knew the vantage points whether it be hunting, horseback riding, back ways to a friends house or just hanging out.

Quoted BBM.
I think he did.

JMO
Agree- he didn't just pull up there on a cross-country trip and murder someone and drive away. He had been coming there equipped to do something multiple times.

I believe he knows that land like the back of his hand and knew the vantage points whether it be hunting, horseback riding, back ways to a friends house or just hanging out.

I really agree. MOO its like he played hide and seek there and knew where sound would not carry and that the flat below the cemetery was invisible to the trail and bridge.

And I think he knew that. He probably did his own recon prior to the crime. He knew exactly who was there and where they were in relationship to where the girls were at the end of the bridge. I don’t think he went to kill two people but the fact that they were isolated (and young) from everyone made it much more appealing to his sick disgusting fantasy. All my opinion...

IIRC it is supposed to take about 5 minutes to cross (about 865 feet?)
I agree and I have heard the same.

Abby looks like she is walking so carefully in that photo...could 5 minutes have turned into 10?

He needed to make sure they crossed the bridge completely to isolate them.

My question is....how could he be sure they would do so before anyone else came in the vicinity?

And I think he knew that. He probably did his own recon prior to the crime. He knew exactly who was there and where they were in relationship to where the girls were at the end of the bridge. I don’t think he went to kill two people but the fact that they were isolated (and young) from everyone made it much more appealing to his sick disgusting fantasy. All my opinion...
Exactly what I think too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member