Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #5 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOUSTON - Police dive teams are searching a Missouri City canal Sunday night after receiving reports of a missing person.

The search is near Independence Park, along a canal off Independence Boulevard.

"We're searching the Stafford canal area, and we want to make sure we cover this area as comprehensively as possible to again confirm whether this alleged missing person is accurate or not," said Stacie Walker, director of communication for Missouri City Police Department.
Dive teams search Missouri City canal after report of a missing person

Witness saw him, traffic cams, phone pings? Hope they have a specific reason to search this area.

Idk if it’s even related to MD. Anyone?

I think HPD has done quite an admirable job so far. Within a week, they have someone in jail, have a strong circumstantial case, and we don't know what else they have. 2 more items to achieve on my list and they will be heroes.....one of course finding baby girl. I will keep the other one to myself.

I agree their investigation has been productive. Fortunately, the various video surveillance has been extremely helpful. My only concern was that DV was a flight risk. LE said he wouldn't come in and talk to them, and they didn't know where he was. That made me nervous, but I'll assume that they had him under surveillance. But perps have been known to slip away. I think they had to make the move to arrest him due to QX's presser. This must be a heart wrenching case for HPD, and I feel for the investigators who are going to be affected by this case.

Last edited:
I fail to see how declaring someone as a suspect or person of interest right away actually affects the investigation whatsoever.

Other than our own satisfaction, of course.

Ditto. Of course everyone whether they belong to a forum or not can draw their own conclusion from the news.
If LE knows where their perp is, there’s no reason to talk about it, imo.
Why scare someone, potentially losing him?

I fail to see how declaring someone as a suspect or person of interest right away actually affects the investigation whatsoever.

Other than our own satisfaction, of course.
IMO, he's been a POI since the beginning. HPD made it clear that they don't name a POI or suspect until an arrest has been made. MOO

It's possible that BB drove DV to the hospital in the grey Nissan, is it not? She arrived home Friday, but DV didn't go to the hospital until late Saturday evening.
It’s very possible. Bush airport has cameras on every inch. I hope LE is one step ahead and has her on video from the moment she touches down till she hopped in a car at the terminal.

Neighbor's surveillance video shows stepfather alone same day of Maleah Davis' disappearance

Neighbor's surveillance video shows stepfather alone same day of Maleah Davis' disappearance

JS said she lives right across from where Maleah, her mother and Vence lived.

Her surveillance camera caught Vence briefly walking over to his car alone on the day Maleah’s mother had flown out of state. She said she remembers clearly not noticing the bruise on Vence's head the same night Maleah was reported missing.

“I looked at him and he went back into his apartment. And I looked at him, but he didn't have a big bruise or anything at all,”

This thread is moving fast, but I want to comment on the video, of lil Maleah walking very far behind DV as they returned to the apartment , early Tuesday morning.

I think he was purposely walking way ahead, possibly because he wanted to quickly look inside the apartment first, before he brought her inside. Maybe because BB was still there?

Last edited:
Still can't wrap my head around calling off a future wedding with your fiance, returning the ring, saying the relationship is completely over, yet still not only expecting that person to care for the children (especially if not all are even his) in your absence; out of state for several days. Plus pick you up and drop you off at the airport.

This is the part I can't get over.
And supposedly there were some distressing/worrisome texts exchanged....but mom still left for her trip or at least remained out of state vs returning early?!

And the mother of the year award goes to...... :rolleyes:
But yet it appears she was wearing the ring in her first interview......the one where she was sitting at a table.

Is there a link with LE stating they were disregarding the disappearance, potential murder of an already abused child?
No, and I haven't seen any indication that they have not been working diligently on this case from the beginning.
They did not believe this guys story from the start. They put out information on the car right away and located it quickly. They likely have valuable evidence from the car, the crime scene, and have probably interviewed dozens of people by now.
I don't know how many hours and people that have gone into searching, but it has to be a lot.
And that's just what I can think of that we know of so far. There is always so much more going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. Jmo

Yup. AJ Freund case too.
Dumb butt parents think their lame story will fool the world. Moo

Don't forget, he "didn't wake up for 24 hours" (I cracked my head on the road falling off my bike when I was around 10; I woke up the instant my parents started carrying me into the house.) I'd love to see statistics on how long people who get in fights where they are "punched in the head", are knocked out for as a general rule.

Plus, this joker wants us to believe these kidnappers and torturers said "*Maleah* looks very sweet"? If so, how would the abductor have gotten to Maleah's name? Is DV trying to say these guys seemed so cuddly and friendly, they asked and he answered politely with her name? Did the abductors call her "she" instead? Where are the shreds of realism in this, because "She looks sweet", sounds like something some slick Hollywood "gangsta" would be scripted as saying "menacingly". It's a little too... super convenient, IMO.

Wonder if anyone will speak up who SAW DV ; while he was supposed to 'be with the three kidnappers' ?
Was he actually just hanging out at home ?

More like "hiding out"; but probably. Regrettably, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member