Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #5 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell the time on the video footage shown at the link. But it was on Tuesday, the day BB flew out. DV is alone walking to his car, so I assume he had already killed Maleah? Can anyone figure out how to read the time?

Looks like 8:53 to me.
I find it really interesting that the article states the neighbor saw him the same night Maleah was reported missing...sans knot on head. If she’s remembering correctly, then I guess the abductors took him back home first.

I have a theory, that women who were abused as children, accept abuse of their own children, as a "normalized" part of life. They are not horrified, because it seems "normal" to them. They tend to ignore it, because it brings up their own PTSD, so they compartmentalize it, and act like everything is fine. Or they may even participate in the abuse, as it is "normalized" as "okay".

Just a personal theory on why some people allow their children to be abused.
I was abused as a child and it never, ever became normal or OK. I did not ignore it. I did not participate. I was very aware of the people I brought into my son’s life when I was raising him. Sweet little Maleah was surrounded by monsters including the government agencies that released her back into her personal hell.

I have a theory, that women who were abused as children, accept abuse of their own children, as a "normalized" part of life. They are not horrified, because it seems "normal" to them. They tend to ignore it, because it brings up their own PTSD, so they compartmentalize it, and act like everything is fine. Or they may even participate in the abuse, as it is "normalized" as "okay".

Just a personal theory on why some people allow their children to be abused.

Well I was abused and I protect my littles so ferociously and would literally end up in prison. They are my most important job. I also worked through a lot of my trauma in therapy. Maybe your study is more related to untreated recovery. You can feel normal and live a healthy happy life. It’s not a good message to survivors that it’s a death sentence.

I find it really interesting that the article states the neighbor saw him the same night Maleah was reported missing...sans knot on head. If she’s remembering correctly, then I guess the abductors took him back home first.

I’ve confused myself now. When they say “on the same night Maleah was reported missing” do they mean the night he showed up at the hospital? As in Saturday at 7pm?

Oh I disagree. LE only knows what they know, when they know it. Until momma BB finally filed a report, LE had no idea a crime had occurred.
IMO, they’ve been all over this since day one & TX should be proud of them. Moo

When she asked LE to get her into her apt., isn't that when that LEO called their homicide team b/c he/she noted the blood in the hall? That's pretty fast. I might be wrong, but, that's how I'm remembering that they got involved. Someone point me in the right direction if I'm off. I've not had a chance to read the court docs yet.

Idk if they have them there but, yes, the trees with those thorns will tear you up. I think they are called Honey Locusts here and you won't be climbing one that's for sure. I call brambles, any thicket of stuff that has thorns, and wild roses are NOT worth their beauty, to fool with. I looked like I'd been fighting a wildcat after trying to dig it out of the fence-row.

I wonder if the ER doctor could offer an explanation for the scratches? I know they can determine fresh v old, but as to the cause?

Yep, she said she saw him standing on the porch smoking at 7pm. He saw her and went back into the apartment.

But the video of him walking to his car Tuesday morning is also interesting. Was there a timestamp on the video of him bringing Maleah back after dropping the boys off at preschool? Drop off would be around 7:30 or 8:00 am? Why would he leave alone without Maleah less than an hour later?

I wonder if the undercarriage of the car yielded any clues?
Of course he could not drive off the beaten path w/o getting stuck. Therefore, I think he either disposed of her on a seldom traveled road or he has friend/family with a few acres. I still think his scratches are a result of thorns, only because I stupidly get caught under trees or in greenery with thorns all of the time riding horse thru rural areas. I think she might be found under a massive green prickly plant. Idk what kind in TX, but I’m sure they have a variety of wild greenery.
Looks like the scratches I got chasing cows through the blackberry bushes. The worst were where I wasn’t covered, I still have a couple of scars. Still managed to snag me through my T-shirt in places. I’m in Houston area, not sure how tall the bushes are at this point in the year yet. May have to venture into the neighbors swamp area and see.

ETA: doesn’t look like the honey locust trees grow down here at least according to wiki. Mesquite trees grow like crazy though and have thorns, usually in pastures areas in my experience. Haven’t tried to climb though mesquite trees because they are usually spread out a bit and haven’t had any need to. The blackberries are awful but they may be smaller (shorter) unless he climbed into a last season dead patch. Not sure how knocked down those are. Did he have scratches on his back? If they are only where his hands can reach I’m thinking a half hearted attempt with a razor blade (I have the scars on me to prove what a determined attempt looks like). If they are on his back I’m inclined to think he went through brambles or thorns.

Last edited:
Yes, her account of seeing him smoking was Saturday night at 7 pm
That idiot RETURNED HOME in the middle of his so-called kidnapping/abduction misadventure???

Now I guess we know why the toddler son seemed fine and was conveniently with him when he "woke up" -- that kid was probably parked in front of the TV in that bleach-smelling apartment all day Saturday.

Now I really wonder about the 24-hour claim. Why did DV need to wait so long to show up at the hospital? Why not go/be dropped off there much earlier in the day? His story actually would not have seemed half as absurd in the media if he had not pretended to have been in and out of consciousness for such a ridiculous amount of time.

When she asked LE to get her into her apt., isn't that when that LEO called their homicide team b/c he/she noted the blood in the hall? That's pretty fast. I might be wrong, but, that's how I'm remembering that they got involved. Someone point me in the right direction if I'm off. I've not had a chance to read the court docs yet.

I don’t think HPD came into the apartment at that time, just an officer asked maintenance to let her in. But maybe I’m mistaken.

Yes, her account of seeing him smoking was Saturday night at 7 pm

So... BB and JG were on social media asking people to look out for him and the kids on Saturday morning... and he was at home on Saturday at 7pm!?

Looks like the scratches I got chasing cows through the blackberry bushes. The worst were where I wasn’t covered, I still have a couple of scars. Still managed to snag me through my T-shirt in places. I’m in Houston area, not sure how tall the bushes are at this point in the year yet. May have to venture into the neighbors swamp area and see.

Ahh, stay away from swamps.....gators are all over.
Blackberry bushes are rude, for sure. Especially if one gets tangled in them. If hospital staff noticed his shirt, they might have seen greenish stain from bushes, perhaps? Or particles from bushes or thorns. Just guessing. Obviously idk how or where he was scratched.

I was abused as a child and it never, ever became normal or OK. I did not ignore it. I did not participate. I was very aware of the people I brought into my son’s life when I was raising him. Sweet little Maleah was surrounded by monsters including the government agencies that released her back into her personal hell.
I fully agree that being abused as a child should never be an excuse for a parent to fail to protect his/her children, and in many cases I've seen it cause parents to be even more fierce in that protection.

But it's true that long-term trauma like that can really wreck a human being. Lots of personality disorders and other totally dysfunctional coping mechanisms start that way, and maybe that is part of this scenario. Again, NOT an excuse, especially with so much help available.

I wonder about the childhood abuse QX alleges BB experienced. He said she experienced both in her home and in foster care. This is speculation and wondering -- BB's mother and father were married at one time, because their last name is the same, so she probably lived with both of them together at some point. Was her father her first abuser, and that is all or part of why she was sent to foster care? If her parents lived together and her father abused her, did her mother also abuse her or fail to protect her? Otherwise, why didn't CPS leave her with her mother? She was close to her father at the time of his death, though, and wrote a lot about what a loved and wonderful person he was. Could this mean that she had forgiven him, or had normalized the situation in her head? Could all that history and abuse have contributed to why she failed Maleah so miserably?

AGAIN - all speculation, and if true, NOT AN EXCUSE.

I don’t think HPD came into the apartment at that time, just an officer asked maintenance to let her in. But maybe I’m mistaken.

So... BB and JG were on social media asking people to look out for him and the kids on Saturday morning... and he was at home on Saturday at 7pm!?

Which one actually leased the apartment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam