Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #5 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must see his "role" here as an adviser and advocate. Advocates, have so much passion for their work. Unfortunately, they usually lack the education and knowledge to equal their passion.

Agreed. I think he's done some good things for the community, his anti-semitism notwithstanding, but he's not a lawyer and lacks the finesse, IMO, to be able to advocate for a person in that situation.

Unless she's not who he's ultimately truly advocating for.

That idiot RETURNED HOME in the middle of his so-called kidnapping/abduction misadventure???

Now I guess we know why the toddler son seemed fine and was conveniently with him when he "woke up" -- that kid was probably parked in front of the TV in that bleach-smelling apartment all day Saturday.

Now I really wonder about the 24-hour claim. Why did DV need to wait so long to show up at the hospital? Why not go/be dropped off there much earlier in the day? His story actually would not have seemed half as absurd in the media if he had not pretended to have been in and out of consciousness for such a ridiculous amount of time.

And stepped outside to have a smoke. That makes no sense at all. If I'd just done what he's accused of doing, I think I'd just smoke inside my apt at that point. I mean, seriously, let's follow the smoking rules... and take a chance on being seen. I keep wondering if she was home, when the child got hurt, and had hoped she'd be okay. Now she's just throwing him under the bus since M wasn't okay, and BB had left her there with him.

Possibly.
Imo the original video was edited regarding the cleaning/Clorox. I know what I heard & several other WSers heard the same but it isn’t there now.
I so hope mom is charged with neglect/endangerment. Set an example for women that cover for their men, at the risk of their child/ren. Moo
Come on Texas, show us what ya got!

I think she will be. She better get in front of this with LE though. Before DV throws HER under the bus.

No, and I haven't seen any indication that they have not been working diligently on this case from the beginning.
They did not believe this guys story from the start. They put out information on the car right away and located it quickly. They likely have valuable evidence from the car, the crime scene, and have probably interviewed dozens of people by now.
I don't know how many hours and people that have gone into searching, but it has to be a lot.
And that's just what I can think of that we know of so far. There is always so much more going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. Jmo

I should've read further before posting. Serious jinx.

We have driven through Texas many times over the years. It's how you get to point A to point B and back for us. Wild wild west all the way up the east coast for us. There's also prickly pear & a few mesquite trees in Texas. Everything out here in the west has long needles of some kind. But we do grow flowers too, some with needles on them.

When I was a kid in OH, I was stupidly playing hide and go seek with a sheet over my head. I didn't take it off and ran into our brick house head first. Then fell in to a rose bush. I was cut up a lot.

Until she's found, I just wanted to add to any possible locations nearby to find MD.

Ahh, stay away from swamps.....gators are all over.
Blackberry bushes are rude, for sure. Especially if one gets tangled in them. If hospital staff noticed his shirt, they might have seen greenish stain from bushes, perhaps? Or particles from bushes or thorns. Just guessing. Obviously idk how or where he was scratched.

I saw the scratches this thread or the last, but he looked like he'd run through a patch of blackberries, or an angry couple of felines had gotten hold of him. Ticked off kitty cats will scar you up! I truly doubt it was the latter though. My blackberries are not real big right now but mine are wild so they have left over brambles from last year. TX may be further along than ours. He may have deliberately run through some when he got himself conked in the head. Make it look like he was roughed up good and tossed onto the highway.

Ok im trying to play catch up but am a little confused. I see there is a great emphasis on what time BB left for the airport and if she was home when DV and MD arrived that morning when they were shown entering the building on camera. What does BB being there at that time potentially prove? If anything happened at that apartment it could have happened long after BB left to go out of town. What am i missing?

If neighbor saw DV on Saturday evening at the apartment, why didn't BB also see him?

We know BB was active on SM on Saturday posting about her missing family but do we know where BB was on Saturday afternoon to midnight?

Was BB the female that drove DV to the hospital Saturday night?

It is quite possible. :eek::confused:

Ok im trying to play catch up but am a little confused. I see there is a great emphasis on what time BB left for the airport and if she was home when DV and MD arrived that morning when they were shown entering the building on camera. What does BB being there at that time potentially prove? If anything happened at that apartment it could have happened long after BB left to go out of town. What am i missing?

Well, it isn't proof she was involved. But it does take away her ironclad alibi that she wasn't.

It doesn’t exactly *prove* anything but it would show a window of opportunity. If he brought MD home after she’s left for the airport then there is no opportunity.

Hypothetically, of course, because she’s a victim or something.

ETA: too slow :)

Monday, May 13th:
*Preliminary Assigned Court Appearance (@ 9am CT) – TX – Maleah Davis (4) (last seen 4/30/19, kidnapped (per suspect) on May 3, 2019, reported missing on May 4, 2019, Houston; not found) - *Derion Marquise Vence (26) stepfather arrested & charged (5/11/19) with evidence tampering/human corpse (felony 2). $1M bond.
Says Maleah was kidnapped by 3 men when he was driving to the airport to pick up M’s mother.
5/11/19: Probable cause hearing. Bond set at $1M. Next Preliminary hearing on 5/13.

Still trying to get caught up and absorb everything, this thread is moving so fast. I have not read all previous posts because I am so behind but I do agree with the poster a few pages back that mentioned that Grandma's initial interview seemed like a marketing tool. I agree. In that first interview, Maleah's mom appeared so detached but Maleah's grandmother stepped in and took over the interview and offered more info. Now, Maleah's Mom has obviously stepped forward with the support of Q-Guy. Q-Guy is creepy in my minds eye and clearly is in complete support of "mom" and is spinning things. Q-guys goal is to stay forefront in the news and bring attention to himself, nothing else.

I think the whole lot of them are absurd liars and enablers and "spinners". Truth is...at the end of the day a little vulnerable girl is missing and likely dead at the hands of a "step-father" and likely a mother that turned a blind eye...willingly. Mom is not off the hook, Q-guy is in his glory because of attention this case is giving him. Q-guy will say anything to continue receiving any attention on his every word. I do not think Q-guy really knows a thing about anything.

IMO, poi or/and mom are responsible for Maleah's demise. I do not think at all that Maleah is alive. Q-guy is diligently working on a spin story. All I hope for at this point is that Maleah is recovered and that all other "players" are exposed and pay for their part in the coverup/murder.

Last edited:
Woke up earlier to 21 new pages... not sure I'll be able to catch up but doesn't sound like I missed much after QX last night?

Thanks @Niner for keeping up with the court docket, I'm curious to see what happens today.

I've been looking for updates on the searches for Maleah and was pleased to see at least a few lines at the bottom of this link mentioning they're still out there looking for her.
Community honors Maleah Davis as search groups continue scouting areas for clues

Looks like the scratches I got chasing cows through the blackberry bushes. The worst were where I wasn’t covered, I still have a couple of scars. Still managed to snag me through my T-shirt in places. I’m in Houston area, not sure how tall the bushes are at this point in the year yet. May have to venture into the neighbors swamp area and see.

ETA: doesn’t look like the honey locust trees grow down here at least according to wiki. Mesquite trees grow like crazy though and have thorns, usually in pastures areas in my experience. Haven’t tried to climb though mesquite trees because they are usually spread out a bit and haven’t had any need to. The blackberries are awful but they may be smaller (shorter) unless he climbed into a last season dead patch. Not sure how knocked down those are. Did he have scratches on his back? If they are only where his hands can reach I’m thinking a half hearted attempt with a razor blade (I have the scars on me to prove what a determined attempt looks like). If they are on his back I’m inclined to think he went through brambles or thorns.

The scratches look hand-made. Had he been walking through brambles, the backs of his forearms would have been plastered as he tried to protect his face.

I still feel that he may have meet up with BB on Saturday, the day after she returned from the funeral. Apart from the time spent with BB2 filling in the missing persons report, there were hours when DV and BB could have been together. Remember how staunchly she was defending him? Remember how she said that she went to the police to fill out a missing persons form, but the police said she didn't?

Could she have assisted in the head bump and scratches charade and then drove him to the hospital that night? Why would she believe the story he concocted, unless she was involved in creating the story?

Looks like 8:53 to me.
I find it really interesting that the article states the neighbor saw him the same night Maleah was reported missing...sans knot on head. If she’s remembering correctly, then I guess the abductors took him back home first.
Neighbor's surveillance video shows stepfather alone same day of Maleah Davis' disappearance

Hmm, so more video of DV from Tuesday shows him going to his vehicle alone. Who was in the apartment and what was their status at this point?

In the video interview with the neighbor, she states she saw DV 7 p.m. Saturday smoking outside as she was leaving with her family. She said he didn't have any " bruise or anything at all" and pointed to her mid-forehead.

Report doesn't mention any surveillance video from Saturday.

The scratches look hand-made. Had he been walking through brambles, the backs of his forearms would have been plastered as he tried to protect his face.

I still feel that he may have meet up with BB on Saturday, the day after she returned from the funeral. Apart from the time spent with BB2 filling in the missing persons report, there were hours when DV and BB could have been together. Remember how staunchly she was defending him? Remember how she said that she went to the police to fill out a missing persons form, but the police said she didn't?

Could she have assisted in the head bump and scratches charade and then drove him to the hospital that night? Why would she believe the story he concocted, unless she was involved in creating the story?
So, is BB being investigated by LE? If she is "turning" on him, will he reciprocate? Seems the behavior by both parties is questionable, and with such an idiotic story he will break, i.e. confess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member