GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

doodles1211

Reaction score
5cd46b91c7202.image.jpg
5cd46bce5de94.image.jpg

The Morgan County Sheriff's Office is asking for assistance from the public in locating a missing teen from Berkeley Springs.

Riley Crossman, 15, was last seen in Berkeley Springs wearing a black hoodie and black leggings, the department's social media post said.

It is believed that she went missing sometime between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, according to the Missing in West Virginia Facebook page.

Crews with the Berkeley Springs Volunteer Fire Company have also been going door to door with fliers assisting the department with attempting to locate Crossman, according to its Facebook page.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts are contact asked to contact MCSD at 304-258-1067.

Crossman is described as being 5-foot-6, 120 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Police searching for missing teen in Morgan County

Riley’s father, Lance Crossman, told the Panhandle News Network she has a light scar that runs from her hairline to her mid forehead and between her eyes.

“If she is with someone at someone’s house, maybe they feel like this has gotten out of hand and so they’re just afraid to surface,” said Crossman. “No one is going to be upset…everyone is just very, very worried. So we just want her to come home and everything will be fine.”

Search continues for missing Morgan County girl - WV MetroNews

I am assuming that LE knows, from the boyfriend, her state of mind from the contact she had with him early Wednesday morning on FaceTime. He should be able to say whether she had already left her home and where and why she was leaving. It concerns me that they have gone on to search areas around Berkeley Springs.

I am hoping that the lack of a sense of foul play in MS updates is because LE knows that she is staying away based on her boyfriend's FaceTime account. Otherwise, there is a strange calmness to the whole situation. MOO MOO

This one hits close to home... That's where out second home is, and our neighbor is friends with Riley. Small town, this is huge for them. I hope the LE there had help, they are not equipped b to handle this.

www.journal-news.net/journal-news/morgan-county-teen-still-missing-authorities-continue-search/article_1c55122d-f226-5846-a51e-585a24be119b.html
This article says she contacted her boyfriend early Wednesday morning. This has been changed subsequently to "attempted to contact". If contact wasn't made how would he know she tried and the time of the attempt? I don't know how FaceTime works.
A failed or unanswered face time request shows up as a notification with a time stamp. I hope LE can get a phone location at that time.

Google Maps
It seems that where ever along Greenway Drive she lived, she would have been within walking distance of the high school. But, it is unlikely she was on her way to school at 5:20 in the morning when the attempted FaceTime occurred. Where could she have been at that time?
Why would she attempt to contact her boyfriend instead of her mother if she were in danger?

Right, or 911.
I’m wondering if he had been her last call and in the heat of something violent happening she just kind of pressed buttons to get any attention- maybe FaceTime would have shown him that something terrible was happening and where with no words needed.
My parents aren’t attached to their phone as my partner is...

Right, or 911.
I’m wondering if he had been her last call and in the heat of something violent happening she just kind of pressed buttons to get any attention- maybe FaceTime would have shown him that something terrible was happening and where with no words needed.
My parents aren’t attached to their phone as my partner is...
It may also be that she tried to use FaceTime to show him where she was because she didn't know where she was. It also seems strange that she would leave her home for some kind of a party late Tuesday night because it was a week night and a school night. I wonder why she would leave her home at night like that.

Riley Crossman is a reliable teenager, according to her mother Chantel Oakley. So when Chantel wasn’t feeling well last Tuesday and decided to nap before an evening shift at work, she knew she could count on Riley to wake her up when she got home from school.

“And when she got home, she woke me up. She said, ‘It’s 3:30, time to wake up,’ and I said ‘Thanks, babe,’” Chantel told Dateline. “Riley said, ‘No problem.’ She was acting normal. She went toward her room and I got ready for work.”

After Chantel went to work, 15-year-old Riley’s evening continued on as usual. Her maternal grandmother was at the house until around 7:00 p.m., Chantel said, and Riley stayed in their Berkeley Springs, West Virginia home all evening.

“I got home from work around 10:00 p.m. Her door was shut, so by all accounts she was in her room, but I didn’t actually see her,” Chantel told Dateline.

More at Family desperately searching for missing West Virginia teen Riley Crossman

Thank God one of the major media outlets picked this story up. It also looks like they have brought in many more resources. The type and scope of the agencies brought in make me nervous, but at least they are working to find her. The entire community in Berkeley Springs and beyond has mobilized, there isn't a pole or window that doesn't have her picture in it.

It may also be that she tried to use FaceTime to show him where she was because she didn't know where she was. It also seems strange that she would leave her home for some kind of a party late Tuesday night because it was a week night and a school night. I wonder why she would leave her home at night like that.
Whatever was on that facetime it didn't alarm him. He went to school and his field trip.

Thank God one of the major media outlets picked this story up. It also looks like they have brought in many more resources. The type and scope of the agencies brought in make me nervous, but at least they are working to find her. The entire community in Berkeley Springs and beyond has mobilized, there isn't a pole or window that doesn't have her picture in it.

That’s one good thing about WV: we usually try to put differences aside and come together as a community in an emergency. I know the entire state isn’t like this, but I still feel the majority is. Idk if it’ll help find RC, but it can’t hurt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back