GUILTY IN - Newton County, Fem, 30 Mar 2019 - Nicole Bowen

Here is a crime report about GK from the KokomoTribune Oct 2 2017.

Sunday, 4:35 p.m., officers arrested Garett Kirts, 19, Brookston, Indiana, in the 2200 block of West Jefferson Street, on a Boone County warrant for petition to revoke a suspended sentence, a Tippecanoe County warrant for resisting law enforcement and a White County warrant.

Police Reports, Oct. 2, 2017

The PA has stated that dna testing could take “months” and result in further charges, so CM could yet be charged with murder. MOO.

It sounds like the crime scenes had mixed/partial dna that requires some time to sort out, even if clean samples have been taken from the suspects. MOO.

The PA has stated that dna testing could take “months” and result in further charges, so CM could yet be charged with murder. MOO.

It sounds like the crime scenes had mixed/partial dna that requires some time to sort out, even if clean samples have been taken from the suspects. MOO.

Yes. Proper DNA would take some time. A quick hit is possible, yes, but thorough analysis takes a while. Plus, rushing to charge someone is detrimental to the case.

Well I'll be darned if it isn't too coincidental that we have more than one psycho killer doing his thing in Delphi.

Thank you, Tippy, for pointing this out to me. It is a simple point for sure, but also a very compelling one.

Canadian here so just wondering how normal is it for the FBI to become involved in a murder case like this? One of the linked MSM articles (that I was able to read) mentioned FBI and other LE agency involvement and it piqued my interest that perhaps one, two or more persons' arrested in this case are being looked at for other things.

Canadian here so just wondering how normal is it for the FBI to become involved in a murder case like this? One of the linked MSM articles (that I was able to read) mentioned FBI and other LE agency involvement and it piqued my interest that perhaps one, two or more persons' arrested in this case are being looked at for other things.

I believe because NB's murder was drug related. The U.S. government’s policy is to punish drug-related murders under federal law.
jmo

Compare this mugshot to his Aug 2017 mugshot. He shaved his hair at some point between the two. And comparing both of those to his recent mugshot... he has changed quite a bit in appearance to the 2017 mugshots. IMO a lot for two years. MOO.
Here they both are.....
1st one is 3.27.17 and 2nd one is 4.5.19
upload_2019-5-13_10-38-45.jpeg upload_2019-5-13_10-38-45.jpeg

Last edited:

I would add to other responses that I only realized last year that they seem to become involved and utilized far more often and easily these days. I was always under the impression like in a kidnapping that they could only become involved if state lines were crossed. Since realizing otherwise, I see they are often involved and especially if it is a big type of case for a small county or agency who does not see so many big crimes like murder. It is also often stated they are not the lead agency, the county or city, etc. is the lead agency. Sometimes it is stated they are using some of their specialities like video enhancement, technology searches of computers, etc. Profiling probably.

My guess is it has changed to where they can be involved or looked to for assistance because most cases I am following, they are involved and there was no crossing of state lines, etc.

I can say I was surprised when I first started noticing it.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I've seen people obsess about a couple of suspects that were nothing (especially RL). This may also be nothing, too. However, you should go look at the comments on GKs facebook page from someone claiming to be his family. Troubling. Could be garbage, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

... to me this case was personal.

Until LE makes some kind of statement connecting the two cases, I'm just taking it as speculation. If you have a particular narrative in mind for a crime, you can find connections in almost everything that will make it true. What's the old line about "When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"? If you're convinced enough that you have the right person then just about everything you see will back up your theory and the things that don't back it up are ignored. This is probably the 3rd or 4th person on here who people have been convinced is BG and there's been a ton of speculation about those guys, and tying them to the crime, too. I hope this guy is responsible. I hope he stays locked up forever. But I don't believe he's BG.

<modsnip: quoted post was remove> ... diving deep into GK's Facebook page is disturbing. He has conversations with his friend about them having sex with girls in a shed (at the same time) and then he asks, "how old were they, lol?" Like it was a trophy prize or something and the girls were most likely younger. Then, when he was 19 (2016), he was picked up and questioned for trying to pick up a 14 year old girl (all noted on his page, not sure why he would even put that out there). He was released and not charged. Maybe the motive for him was power, revenge over the 14 year old that turned him down and then called police. Idk. Just thinking out loud.

As far as Nicole's case, they had a relationship at some point briefly during his split with Ashley. <modsnip: removed reference to social media>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back