IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #5 Smollett indicted”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Martin steps aside from deciding if special prosecutor needed to investigate Jussie Smollett prosecution. Yay!

He insisted he was not “recusing” himself from the matter, just “transferring” the matter to Judge Michael Toomin. Well...okay then. Same thing, yes?

Judge steps aside from deciding if special prosecutor needed to investigate Jussie Smollett prosecution

I think that this particular case is political dynamite. Maybe with nitroglycerin added. We haven't even begun to see all of the potential layers here.

@Snoods I don't think that the Cook County legal community understands normal vocabulary.

After all, Kim Foxx, "recused" herself from the Smollett case, and then turned around and arranged a full dismissal of SIXTEEN FELONIES, set by a Grand jury.

Like no-one saw that coming :rolleyes:

"Several Empire stars have campaigned for Jussie's return to the show, according to TMZ, including top billed stars Taraji P Henson and Terrence Howard.

The outlet reported, 'as soon as the announcement was made, Jussie's costars got busy contacting Empire brass and pushing for his return'. "
Bad move lol
What kind of ratings was Empire getting before this whole thing started?

Well that kinda backfired for them didn’t it!?
I am assuming the show was successful before this happened and would have continued and been renewed. So, look at all of the people that have lost jobs because of this fiasco. Jussie has left a long and wide trail of destruction from his little stunt, and he continues to refuse to accept any responsibility for it.

I am assuming the show was successful before this happened and would have continued and been renewed. So, look at all of the people that have lost jobs because of this fiasco. Jussie has left a long and wide trail of destruction from his little stunt, and he continues to refuse to accept any responsibility for it.

The show has been dropping in the ratings for the last couple of years. It was on life support as it was, then JS came along with his nonsense.

It should have been cancelled but probably was kept due to the 'event'.

The show has been dropping in the ratings for the last couple of years. It was on life support as it was, then JS came along with his nonsense.

It should have been cancelled but probably was kept due to the 'event'.
Interesting. I saw just a part of one episode probably a year or more ago. It just wasn't my type of show. You may be right that the controversy maybe brought a little uptick in viewership but thats all. Fox would have cancelled anyway, but sure as hell will now. And they arent about to be blackmailed by a couple of actors over it.

Well that kinda backfired for them didn’t it!?
A little bit, huh? The show probably would have limped along a few more years.

Jussie says, “Look at how famous I am, I have stalkers and people who want to lynch and anthrax me! I demand a raise!”

The stars of the show puff out their chests and say, “We are The Famous Stars of Empire and we demand Jussie’s return to the show, posthaste!”

Fox says, “Eh. Who needs this? Cancel the show.”

Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members