CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon court i wonder how pf is gunna plea . As arrogant as he is I figure not guilty . My hope is now that spring is here that Kelsey is found even though that’s likely not to happen
Yes, I'm guessing "not guilty" as well. He's greatly invested in his delusion that he can get off somehow and continue to delude Ma F and his close "friends", CC and RS, that he's innocent and merely a pawn in KK's murderous plan. JMO

Soon court i wonder how pf is gunna plea . As arrogant as he is I figure not guilty . My hope is now that spring is here that Kelsey is found even though that’s likely not to happen

I do not see any reason He would plead guilty.

He has a court appointed attorney, so no cost there. If he pleads guilty he is exposed to the same penalty as losing a not-guilty plea. I am not sure he has the capacity to consider a shorter 20 year sentence an incentive. I do not believe he displays any empathy, even for Ma F, so there is no emotional incentive.

At this point I think, like a cornered animal his only instinct is to fight for his life, and fight I do expect him to do. I know we have much evidence that is damning, but we have not really heard anything about how the defense will respond. I suspect we will find a great deal of character defamation in that strategy. Not just towards KK, but KB, and that breaks my heart to think, after her terrible death, her character will be maligned in a public setting.

So put me in for a vote of not guilty, and an expectation of the longest, most drawn out trial he can achieve, it only serves to feed his ego and self importance.

MOO

He has a court appointed attorney, so no cost there. If he pleads guilty he is exposed to the same penalty as losing a not-guilty plea. I am not sure he has the capacity to consider a shorter 20 year sentence an incentive. I do not believe he displays any empathy, even for Ma F, so there is no emotional incentive.

At this point I think, like a cornered animal his only instinct is to fight for his life, and fight I do expect him to do. I know we have much evidence that is damning, but we have not really heard anything about how the defense will respond. I suspect we will find a great deal of character defamation in that strategy. Not just towards KK, but KB, and that breaks my heart to think, after her terrible death, her character will be maligned in a public setting.

So put me in for a vote of not guilty, and an expectation of the longest, most drawn out trial he can achieve, it only serves to feed his ego and self importance.

MOO

Agreed.

I agree on the NG plea. I just hope there is a plea as we have been here before and it was postponed/delayed. I do not think I have ever seen a case where the perp was arrested something like six months before, has remained in jail and a plea has yet to even result, wow how things can vary. I also hope no deal is being worked or is the reason for the delays.

What is being done with a decision on how to test whatever evidence and who can be present for testing...? Was that not the basis for the agreement on delaying the plea? Although if I recall correctly, some thought it was the landfill search too which is now over right? Or some results anyhow to come in on something.

Not really asking, I think I know the answers, just talking out loud...

MOO

My great hope is that PF will make a deal to plead guilty so he can be in a prison close to Mama....that or one where the conditions are better.

We have many overcrowded, tumbledown prisons in the South so being assigned to one less cruddy is sometimes a prosecution bargaining tool here. Let's hope that's true in Colorado.

Some of ours have prisoners warehoused in dormitories and I can't imagine that PF would like not having his own space.

I'd love to get this over with even though I will miss you Frazee-hatin' friends!

MOO
Unfortunately, I agree with you.

It’s “unfortunate,” because of the pain that the Berreth family will have to endure at trial.

Victim bashing, reliving Kelsey’s murder, and the long road to justice.

I remember thinking that Chris Watts would never plead guilty, and was floored when he did. He was every bit the sociopath that PF is.

I don’t think lightning is going to strike twice though.

We’re going to be here a while.

Unfortunately, I agree with you.

It’s “unfortunate,” because of the pain that the Berreth family will have to endure at trial.

Victim bashing, reliving Kelsey’s murder, and the long road to justice.

I remember thinking that Chris Watts would never plead guilty, and was floored when he did. He was every bit the sociopath that PF is.

I don’t think lightning is going to strike twice though.

We’re going to be here a while.
I also agree. Something about the way he acted the days leading up to his arrest...I don't think it occurred to him that KB's disappearance would garner national attention. It's like he thought if he shut up, everyone would eventually move on. I'm sure his inability to accurately assume any perspective other than his own coupled with his arrogance, has him convinced he'll get away with KB's murder. (Insert expletive-filled rant regarding PF here).

I also agree. Something about the way he acted the days leading up to his arrest...I don't think it occurred to him that KB's dissapearance would garner national attention. It's like he thought if he shut up, everyone would eventually move on. I'm sure his inability to accurately assume any perspective other than his own coupled with his arrogance, has him convinced he'll get away with KB's murder. (Insert expletive-filled rant regarding PF here).
Yup. I think he thought that without a body, they wouldn’t have a case.

Little did he know that his lies would come back to haunt him, his deception would incriminate him, and his cohort would implicate him.

It’s arrogance mixed with ignorance.

Archonix XJail Public

I don’t think they put their menu online, although I’m sure it’s lovely.

The Teller County Detention Center is a significant federal contract holding center for immigration cases, and as such complies with strict federal guidelines for inmate nourishment. The TCDC website describes the cuisine as:
"You will get three meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner. As expected, they are very basic, but healthy. A typical breakfast might be cereal, toast, coffee and fruit. Lunch might be spaghetti, salad, bread and milk. Dinner could be chicken casserole, rice, vegetables, dessert and milk. Contrary to popular belief, prison food has greatly improved over the years, and you might find that it’s not much different from what you would eat at home."
Teller County Detention Center – Divide, CO

The Teller County Detention Center is a significant federal contract holding center for immigration cases, and as such complies with strict federal guidelines for inmate nourishment. The TCDC website describes the cuisine as:
"You will get three meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner. As expected, they are very basic, but healthy. A typical breakfast might be cereal, toast, coffee and fruit. Lunch might be spaghetti, salad, bread and milk. Dinner could be chicken casserole, rice, vegetables, dessert and milk. Contrary to popular belief, prison food has greatly improved over the years, and you might find that it’s not much different from what you would eat at home."
I've never read an inmate interview that claims "food like home". Ever.

In my home state the administrator of the prison gets to keep any allocated funds that are left over after purchasing food for prisoners. One bought a beach house.

Prisoners claim to get spoiled food very often.

Last edited:
Call me a cold-hearted but it bugs me that they get dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken