SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

Here are some screen grabs from The Hydro Farm's facebook page, these are posts by Danny Poole, so he clearly has some connection to the company.

This is the company details:

Cowfold Hydro Farm Ltd - Company Profile - Endole

So the company was only incorporated on 22nd March this year, about 10 days before they went missing. But it appears to have been trading since at least November 2018 according to their Facebook page. How does that work? Would the business have been under a different name before or just not registered?

So the company was only incorporated on 22nd March this year, about 10 days before they went missing. But it appears to have been trading since at least November 2018 according to their Facebook page. How does that work? Would the business have been under a different name before or just not registered?

Yes I noticed that, and the posts go back to earlier than that on Danny Poole's Facebook account, so must have been trading since mid last year. Possibly set up under a different company name, possibly Danny has sold his share to this other guy? could be anything I guess.

If they were selling then they would need to be registered company for tax purposes. You get asked for your company registration number a lot when dealing with stuff like that.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

There is a connection between human trafficking and weed farms, for instance in the UK young Vietnamese are said to disappear into this 'trade'.
The advantage of forcing 'refugees' and illegals to work in these farms is that no one will report them missing. It is far more risky to abduct a local person. Or two strong tourists, whose family at home will raise the alarm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps there is a connection with the hydroponics/cannabis, but in a different way, rather than the Poole's being used to grow the stuff and held against their will, perhaps it is as others have suggested on here, some kind of deal gone wrong, something they thought initially wouldn't be an issue but has turned bad. As everything points to them going out that day and planning to come back.

There may be good reason the police arent running a huge search operation, hardly anyone I know has even heard about the Poole case. And I'm half an hour away fro ex pat enclaves.

Hi Oriana, and welcome, and thanks for your input!!

Interesting that it isn't getting pushed by local media (or police), would you say that is unusual for the area? Like, if a tourist went missing would there typically be more of a media / social media presence about the person?

Hi Oriana, and welcome, and thanks for your input!!

Interesting that it isn't getting pushed by local media (or police), would you say that is unusual for the area? Like, if a tourist went missing would there typically be more of a media / social media presence about the person?
Yes its unusually quiet, I would expect to see hundreds of flyers in supermarkets, shops and bars, but there's nothing. However the Spanish police play their cards close to their chest. They dont publicise if they are on to something, unlike the UK police. If there are criminal suspicions. Ordinary missing people make national news.

Yes its unusually quiet, I would expect to see hundreds of flyers in supermarkets, shops and bars, but there's nothing. However the Spanish police play their cards close to their chest. They dont publicise if they are on to something, unlike the UK police. If there are criminal suspicions. Ordinary missing people make national news.

Is it usually police who put posters up or the families
In England it seems to be families

Is it usually police who put posters up or the families
In England it seems to be families

Family should be doing that. But as far as I am aware, no family member or friends have travelled to Spain to raise awareness and knock on doors.
There are always local people willing to help but they need a starting point, a focus, someone they can identify with. If the family does not appear to want their loved ones back safely, why would strangers bother?

This is not a reproach. Some families are not able to do this for whatever reason, and this should be respected. In that case it is absolutely vital to send a representative, someone who sets things in motion, who becomes the face of the search. Everyone is busy, and the police are certainly busy, so the family has to stay active to keep them on their toes.

Family should be doing that. But as far as I am aware, no family member or friends have travelled to Spain to raise awareness and knock on doors.
There are always local people willing to help but they need a starting point, a focus, someone they can identify with. If the family does not appear to want their loved ones back safely, why would strangers bother?

This is not a reproach. Some families are not able to do this for whatever reason, and this should be respected. In that case it is absolutely vital to send a representative, someone who sets things in motion, who becomes the face of the search. Everyone is busy, and the police are certainly busy, so the family has to stay active to keep them on their toes.
They really should contact the Lucie Blackman Trust in the UK who I’m sure have contacts in Spain that could do some of the local legwork. This is exactly what they do.

They really should contact the Lucie Blackman Trust in the UK who I’m sure have contacts in Spain that could do some of the local legwork. This is exactly what they do.
https://www.lbtrust.org/
"Providing families with information, liaison, advice and support throughout a missing person's case overseas remains a core part of our operations. Every year we reunite many families with the loved one they feared they may never see again."

"The skills, knowledge and contacts we have gained in years of providing this support, along with a mutually respected relationship with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, have enabled us to expand our remit, and we are now able to help victims of any type of serious crime."

"We have been providing a revolutionary level of care to families of British murder or manslaughter victims since 2008 and we can offer advice, logistical support, repatriation assistance, problem solving, fundraising support and much more to victims of any serious crime overseas."

IMO, sometimes family members are inhibited because they know the victims, and have a strong sense the victims would not want their faces plastered on every lightpole. For some men, in particular, they might be angry about this when they show up. I know people will say "but...", but pride is a real thing, many guys would rather die than cry.

IMO, sometimes family members are inhibited because they know the victims, and have a strong sense the victims would not want their faces plastered on every lightpole. For some men, in particular, they might be angry about this when they show up. I know people will say "but...", but pride is a real thing, many guys would rather die than cry.

Really? They could try that one with me just once. Barely. If they were found at last and had complaints about the way the search was done, I'd tell 'em to get lost and stay that way.

If anyone can give me some help in regards to flyers then yes I would appreciate it, it has nothing to do with it being something my dad and Liam may not want, I’m just a 19 year old girl listening to advice and I’m afraid that I’m doing this all on my own it’s hard to know what the right thing to do is.

Ill be filling out relevant forms for lucie Blackman.
I’m also thinking of doing the Facebook page Find Daniel and Liam Poole.
How would you approach getting an audience on this?
I just need some advice please

If anyone can give me some help in regards to flyers then yes I would appreciate it, it has nothing to do with it being something my dad and Liam may not want, I’m just a 19 year old girl listening to advice and I’m afraid that I’m doing this all on my own it’s hard to know what the right thing to do is.

Ill be filling out relevant forms for lucie Blackman.
I’m also thinking of doing the Facebook page Find Daniel and Liam Poole.
How would you approach getting an audience on this?
I just need some advice please
Lauryn there are people here who I’m sure will jump in to help you and answer some of your questions. Meanwhile here’s a Websleuths forum specifically for the families of the missing with different resources that may help answer your questions. Many of us will join the Facebook page once it’s up and help share it far and wide. We are all behind you 1000%.

Families of the Missing-Resources, helps, tips

Finding Daniel and Liam Poole- Missing Abroad

We have created flyers thank you to the lovely person that has offered.

How would I get the relevant people to go out and hand them out. I’m thinking about doing it myself
I shared the flyer and FB page with my family in Spain. My brother in law and his family live in Estepona. He’s a busybody (in a good way) and I’m sure he will get the word out to all his friends and acquaintances.

Finding Daniel and Liam Poole- Missing Abroad

We have created flyers thank you to the lovely person that has offered.

How would I get the relevant people to go out and hand them out. I’m thinking about doing it myself

Well done @Laurynpoole and @HayLouise!

Lauryn, you can also distribute the flyers via the Facebook page. I hope @HayLouise knows the technicalities .... you upload a PDF file and people can download and print it and distribute it, in the UK and in Spain where they live.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back