Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police: Danniella Vian death likely an accident

According to sources, there are certain "manipulations of instrumentation inside the car" that could only have occurred after the car entered the water. While NBC 15 is aware of what this information is, we are withholding that information until the investigation is concluded.

The official cause of death is listed as undetermined due to the condition of the body.​

I was afraid COD would be unable to be determined. A tragic series of accidents is something I'd considered but didn't take terribly seriously, but... she texted HJ regarding whether or not she should drive after leaving Dublin's... drunkenly fumbling around, knocking out a plug-in GPS... not having her phone... it's possible. Intoxicated people do wild things while driving.

And I will say again, what kind of "friends" let another friend drive when they shouldn't???

According to sources, there are certain "manipulations of instrumentation inside the car" that could only have occurred after the car entered the water. While NBC 15 is aware of what this information is, we are withholding that information until the investigation is concluded.

The official cause of death is listed as undetermined due to the condition of the body.​

I can't think of what manipulations could be proved to have happened after the car went into the water ... Very odd statement.

Fox10 said no official cause of death had been determined and no results from toxicology yet.
So no word on BAC. NBC 15 made it sound like the COD is undetermined officially. That's what happened with the Mark Bakotic case I mentioned a few pages back. Could never be determined because of decomposition/being in the water that long.

"...early investigation revealed that evidence supported that death of the young mother who was missing for ten months was likely an accident."

Danni was in an area unfamiliar to her, and she had no reason to be there. Her car GPS was disabled just prior to her going missing.

Not. An. Accident.

And rolled down the back driver's side mirror!
I am reminded of some comments by people/reporters who were watching the car be removed from the water, and I believe some of them actually stated that the window kept falling lower. Could have been due to removal. Not sure if there's any confirmation of that but I do remember hearing it on a Live Stream perhaps?

I needed a break and just finished catching up on the last 5 or so pages-I'm definitely not ready to comment on today's BS "reporting". Some great conversations and back and forth going on. One question I have and am completely confused by is what in the world were the couple of posts alluding to someone hiding DNV's phone and DW not being the person who had it or that she didn't actually lose the phone or something???? Did I miss something somewhere?!?!
I'm thinking these are social media rumors that made their nasty way on here and some of the posts were deleted but some still allude to it so that's why it's not making sense going back and reading it now like 4 days later?? Can anyone help me out here?

Regarding the gps tracker being accidentally knocked out. I had a plug in kind from Progressive to track my driving so I could get a discount. It would be impossible to accidentally knock out it out. It was HARD to pull that thing out intentionally. I assume they're not going to make it easy to pull out or accidentally knock it out because this involves a dealership being able to track their vehicle in case they need to repossess it-pretty important for that thing to stay plugged in, but I think the important thing to remember is clearly these devises are all different. I guess there's no definite answer to this one.

Another something I wanted to add, do we know who went with DW at 1 am to drop his rental off? Why would you drop a rental car off at 1 am?
Personally I don't think he had anything to do with this, I'm pretty set in my ways who I think is responsible, but the rental car details have always kinda hung out in the back of my mind.

I needed a break and just finished catching up on the last 5 or so pages-I'm definitely not ready to comment on today's BS "reporting". Some great conversations and back and forth going on. One question I have and am completely confused by is what in the world were the couple of posts alluding to someone hiding DNV's phone and DW not being the person who had it or that she didn't actually lose the phone or something???? Did I miss something somewhere?!?!
I'm thinking these are social media rumors that made their nasty way on here and some of the posts were deleted but some still allude to it so that's why it's not making sense going back and reading it now like 4 days later?? Can anyone help me out here?

Regarding the gps tracker being accidentally knocked out. I had a plug in kind from Progressive to track my driving so I could get a discount. It would be impossible to accidentally knock out it out. It was HARD to pull that thing out intentionally. I assume they're not going to make it easy to pull out or accidentally knock it out because this involves a dealership being able to track their vehicle in case they need to repossess it-pretty important for that thing to stay plugged in, but I think the important thing to remember is clearly these devises are all different. I guess there's no definite answer to this one.

Another something I wanted to add, do we know who went with DW at 1 am to drop his rental off? Why would you drop a rental car off at 1 am?
Personally I don't think he had anything to do with this, I'm pretty set in my ways who I think is responsible, but the rental car details have always kinda hung out in the back of my mind.

Didn’t he go to the rental lot Alone?
I’m sure they have video footage of it but I’m 99% sure I read that his personal vehicle was parked there already.

It makes me sad that people are still posting here saying they're just now finding out DNV's car's been found!! I REALLY wish we were able to get this on the "announcement" bar at the top of the Websleuths page- I tried, but never heard back from any mods.
@whatinthekentuckyhell ah I didn't think about the fact he could have had his own car waiting at the rental place duhhh!! That makes sense, thank you!! I feel dumb now.

Okay commenting on today's stuff.
The NBC15 article is saying that they spoke with LE at the time her car was found and that the "early investigation" said this was an accident. So why did LE say they were investigating it as a homicide after the car was found???

(ETA I wanted to emphasize this is a hypothetical question- we have not heard directly from LE since the car has been found-they have not told us the COD or anything yet)
What if there is a press conference this afternoon, LE says autopsy is finished, tox screen is finished, investigation is finished. They come on screen and say this was an accident and DNV drove herself into the bayou. Is that it????? Are we just supposed to accept that and move on??????? This is the first case I've been deeply emotionally involved in and I just don't think I could handle that, but I guess it's time to start considering it. Would we get to know any evidence or hear any results of any tests?? Those of you who have been in this situation before, what can we potentially expect if this is deemed an accident by LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla